We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Out of the Past

edmasterchaos

[1]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 41

Discuss:

Holy damn that was creepy. And, Amon. Wow.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alexspotsme

[2]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 15
    Like I predicted, Amon would target Tarrlok and take his bending away; done and done. Amon was barely unstoppable from blood bending. He's still the real deal.

1-hour finale in 2 weeks! I look forward to that.

Nerdnot

[3]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 14
    Tarlock got what was coming for him. Well I guess Amon isn't related to Yakonne. Yes that the episode was creepy

Pulch23

[4]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 7

Bloodbending doesn't affect Amon? Damn, best villian in the Avatar Universe no doubt.

AllieAllie

[5]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 22

Wait-so there's no new episode next week but in two weeks? D: We're only on episode 9 there should be one more before the finale

Nerdnot

[6]Jun 9, 2012
    AllieAllie wrote:

Wait-so there's no new episode next week but in two weeks? D: We're only on episode 9 there should be one more before the finale

What are your talking about?!?!?!?Of course there is a new episode next week!!

Thenumber1yoshi

[7]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 1

Ok surely I can't be the only one who was actually cheering for Amon when he took Tarrlok's bending away, surely there have to be more people who were happy when the bastard (excuse My language but for the majority of these last two episodes he'd been really ticking Me off and I was hoping he wouldn't just get off scott-free) finally got hiscomeuppance.

RaizenYusuke

[8]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 28
    Tarrlock wasn't kidding when he said Aang finished this fast. It looks people who were saying Amon is a blood bender might be right. He fought off Tarrlock's blood bending. The preview for the finale showed Korra and Mako on the ground and bodies twisting with Amon standing over them like he is blood bending. Maybe he is still related to Yakkone and Tarrlock. Great episode. I am liking Asami so
    I felt bad for her.

whiteforest

[9]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 17
    When are new episodes usually up online at Nick.com? I'm dying to see this episode, but sadly I don't have cable or a TV for that matter.

AshleeReign

[10]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 5

That was an amazing episode!! I was afraid at first that I wouldn't be able to like the new characters, since they had big shoes to fill. But this episode really drew me into the series and it has so much potential.

I understand why the season was a half one since they are trying to judge the success of the show. But I say, bring on a full 22 episode season. This show deserves it!

shadowscott

[11]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 23
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Turning the Tides is next week..
    Skeletons in the Closet (Zuko) and Endgame are 2 weeks from now, 1hr block.

AllieAllie

[12]Jun 9, 2012

shadowscott wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Turning the Tides is next week.. Skeletons in the Closet (Zuko) and Endgame are 2 weeks from now, 1hr block.

Ok cool. I thought there might not be once since they only aired a promo for the finale and not for the one next week.

edmasterchaos

[13]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 41

whiteforest wrote:
    When are new episodes usually up online at Nick.com? I'm dying to see this episode, but sadly I don't have cable or a TV for that matter.
    I'd say in about five hours probably. Torrents were up an hour after it aired though... 720p of goodness...

Nerdnot

[14]Jun 9, 2012
    Thenumber1yoshi wrote:

Ok surely I can't be the only one who was actually cheering for Amon when he took Tarrlok's bending away, surely there have to be more people who were happy when the bastard (excuse My language but for the majority of these last two episodes he'd been really ticking Me off and I was hoping he wouldn't just get off scott-free) finally got hiscomeuppance.

I was happy when he got revenged for what he did, but Taking his bending was a little extreme if you ask me.

jegolas1973

[15]Jun 9, 2012

I love this episode. Korra never ceases to amaze me. There are a few things that are revealed in this episode. One, Sokka was the Chairman of the Republic City Council. He was also the Southern Water Tribe representative for the council. Also, Toph was the chief of police. Also, most of all, Tarrlok is indeed Yakone's son. This is why he blamed the Avatar for his problems. In the end, though, Tarrlok gets his bending taken away by Amon. Tarrlok deserved it. For once, I condone Amon for his actions.

Edited on 06/10/2012 6:43am
    Edited 2 total times.

rickycal78

[16]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 7

Something seems off to me in this episode. I can understand how Amon figured out that Tarlokk had Korra after Lin and Team Avatar raided the Equalist hideout. Someone there could easily have heard the gang say something about Korra not being there. But how did Amon know where Tarlokk's hideout was? It sure seemed like it was a fair distance outside the city. And how in the world is Amon immune to blood bending? I'm also kind of curious about Amon's method of removing bending. It looks quite similar to the method Aang uses with the thumb on the forehead, but he doesn't put a hand on the person's chest.

I did enjoy the flashback scenes. Toph still calling Aang nicknames, Sokka as part of the council in Republic City and telling people about taking out Combustion man with his boomerang. It also looked like Aang changed from doing a funky squat to ride his air scooter deal to looking like he's surfing with it. Cool episode overall.

Kwando7

[17]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 18

Amon again shows us how badass he is. Yakone is really stupid I would have accepted the arrest then bloodbend out since its pretty clear he doesn't need any movement to bend an entire courtroom.

From the look of the cell in the Equalists hideout it looks like they take some care of their prisoners, I was expecting chained to the wall. Mako's making it pretty obvious that he has feelings for Korra and I knew it would be Bolin who breaks the news of the kiss to Asami. Next episode is going to be interesting

joshuacheng33

[18]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 1

yeah he got what was coming to him.

Zetsuei_8823

[19]Jun 9, 2012
    • level: 24
    rickycal78 wrote:

Something seems off to me in this episode. I can understand how Amon figured out that Tarlokk had Korra after Lin and Team Avatar raided the Equalist hideout. Someone there could easily have heard the gang say something about Korra not being there. But how did Amon know where Tarlokk's hideout was?

What I'm thinking is one of his Chi-Blockers followed him. I mean, you saw the tracks in the snow leading up to his place. Shouldn't be hard to follow.

That, or Amon found someone who knew where a councilman guy lives. We've all seen what Amon is capable of -- there's no telling what he used to find them.

I will say this though: this episode really made me excited for the week to pass for the next episode! I can't ait to see what develops between Asami, Mako, and Korra.

qtwanderer

[20]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 27
    So...basically Amon is the -insert word- of the series.
    Cool creepy mask- check
    Awesome fighting abilty- check
    Creepy glare when looks at you- check
    Walking while body looses control of itsefl...

yep...