We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Okay, elephant in the room: next book.

Kwando7

[21]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 18

The only way I can't see that happening is the show implying a bunch of kids were killed

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[22]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 28
    The probablity of the next 2 incarnations dying so young in a row is low.

Kwando7

[23]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 18

I had a thought about if there is a next avatar series that the bending population has loweredroughly 1 in 100so a few non-benders create bending tech. Technology that enables people to bend depending on their blood line. So someone from the fire nation who have aclose relative that was a firebender is able to bend fire through broad swords. Then there would be people in mixed families who would be able touse say a hammer (that allows earthbending) and the fan (airbending). Then you would have the earth bender avatar who the big bad would want to use so they can master all bending by infusing themselves with the Avatar's blood.

Then there would be some unique bending weapons maybe used by "the organization" to capture the avatar like blood, metal, glass,sound, lightning or wood. I want tosee a glass bender

D3lirium

[24]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 1

Just building up on what you guys have and shooting out ideas

Amon tries to energy bend Korra but, like the usual heroic twist, Korra's Avatar state awakens and completely overpowers Amon just like how Aang's Avatar state can overcome bloodbending. All ends happily and the second book continues with another more dangerous antagonist or with a vengeful Amon. Or it could be more the adding of more antagonists like how Azula was added or the Dai li's corrupt head, Long Feng.

Amon gets interrupted by someone while on his way to taking away Korra's bending and runs away or decides to leave her again (previously stated here). He proceeds to hide and amass a larger army while Korra learns more advanced forms of bending.

If the above 2 points happen, then I guess the next books would be called, like the ideas listed, Energy or Spirit, maybe even Metal. I believe that one of the books may be called Spirit though because Korra isn't the very spiritual type (unless what happened in Episode 9 changed that). I hope that they will add more advanced forms of fire bending, especially since lightning attacks seem to be depowered now. Maybe an alternate form of Energy Bending or an advanced form for Air Bending. Maybe even bring back Sand Bending, or introduce Snow Bending. In all ridiculousness, Weather Bending, the using of all four elements to affect weather and bring about Sandstorms, Typhoons and others.

Now here comes the bad ending

Amon successfully takes away all of Korra's bending. To all our disbelief and agony, this could possibly happen. We are at episode 9 and Korra has yet to show an signs of Air bending except movement. Furthermore this season is titled Book One : Air and Korra can't air bend at all yet. If Amon takes away Korra's bending, then she won't be able to use water, fire and earth bending. However since she hasn't used air bending yet, Amon can't take it away. As such, Korra is left with just Air bending. This reverts the series back to the path Aang had, which was to learn the rest of the 3 elements.

It can also potentially set up the series for a bigger plot, which pits Korra against Amon's army of equalists. Amon could conquer Republic city and Korra has to learn the elements again while gathering an army to fight Amon (Just like Aang and Firelord Ozai). This is plausible as it would unite the 4 nations under 1 banner against a common foe. This would solve the problem with the Firenation colonies, seen in The Promise series of the Avatar Comics. It can also mean that at some point Korra would learn Energybending or some other awesome ability to counter Amon and provides the whole world with bending abilities, thus bringing balance.If this actually happens, I guess the next 3 books/seasons would be called Water, Earth and Fire too and I would mostly likely bang my head on the table a million times.

qtwanderer

[25]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 27
    D3lirium wrote:
    Maybe even bring back Sand Bending, or introduce Snow Bending. In all ridiculousness, Weather Bending, the using of all four elements to affect weather and bring about Sandstorms, Typhoons and others.
    Sand Bending and Snow Bending are forms of Earth and Water Bending, though the sand would be harder for some/most earthbenders because of how loose it is compared to other forms of earth. I would love to see some sandbending though.

D3lirium wrote:
    If Amon takes away Korra's bending, then she won't be able to use water, fire and earth bending. However since she hasn't used air bending yet, Amon can't take it away. As such, Korra is left with just Air bending.
    Just one flaw with this, when someone takes away someones bending, they are really taking the ability to bend in general away. Like a permanent chi-block.

pokemonmonmon

[26]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 5

i think asami is going to slowly lose her cool whens eeing her ex with korra and eventually join the enemy

mcalboe

[27]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 4

Hate to make from bad to worse but assuming amon's form of bending removal is the same as Aangs then It could mean the end to the entire avatar line. Correct me if I am wrong but I always thought that the energy bending was on the soul level. I cannot reference this statement as I just rechecked the episode and where I thought the lionturtle said soul he actually said spirit. Now I will admit that spirit could very easily be substituted with will but if it was a reference to his/her soul then if an Avatar ever ever got spirit bent without anyway to undo it then would not the next avatar be reborn just as elementally neutered as his/her predeccessor effectively leaving you with a normal human being capable of entering the spirit world and talking to their own past lives?

RaizenYusuke

[28]Jun 23, 2012
    Will the next book be spirit? I was unsure if Korra mastered the Avatar State or if Aang just restored her connection to the elements and taught her how to undo blood bending damage. I hope Korra hasn't mastered the Avatar State though. It would be was too easy for her. I am not fan of how easy Korra got intune with her spiritual side.

LordGrievous

[29]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 13

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Will the next book be spirit? I was unsure if Korra mastered the Avatar State or if Aang just restored her connection to the elements and taught her how to undo blood bending damage. I hope Korra hasn't mastered the Avatar State though. It would be was too easy for her. I am not fan of how easy Korra got intune with her spiritual side.

I wasn't a fan of how she learned the first three elements so easily at a young age.

It kind of takes away something with learning them

_Amibrosia

[30]Jun 23, 2012
    They need to get amon having some real spirit abilities now. O.o

RaizenYusuke

[31]Jun 23, 2012
    As cliche as it would have been I would have enjoyed a season where Korra went on a spiritual journey to restore her ability to bend the elements by making a spiritual connection to each element with Aang being her spiritual guide from time to time like Roku was for him. Oh well. It will be interesting to see what next season will have in store for Avatar Korra. Earth bener criminal? A threat from the Spirit World?

pokemonmonmon

[32]Jul 6, 2012

LordGrievous wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I wasn't a fan of how she learned the first three elements so easily at a young age.

i know this is 2 weeks late but its not like she was a master she simply knew the basics of bending 3 elemnets

teenj12

[33]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 26
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

LordGrievous wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

i know this is 2 weeks late but its not like she was a master she simply knew the basics of bending 3 elemnets

Yea, Korra actually mastered the elements over the course of her entire childhood. From when she discovered she was the avatar to when she was 16 years old and she passed her Firebending test in the series premiere.

If anything, Aang was the one who mastered them quickly

RaizenYusuke

[35]Jul 6, 2012

Well, yeah, I mean Aang had less than a year to master everything. It sould have been fast for him. Korra got he benefit of taking her time to learn the othe elements.

Korra is sort of spiritual now does that mean she won't be focusing on that next season. She could still benefit from formal spiritual training.

Nerdnot

[36]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 14
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Well, yeah, I mean Aang had less than a year to master everything. It sould have been fast for him. Korra got he benefit of taking her time to learn the othe elements.

Korra is sort of spiritual now does that mean she won't be focusing on that next season. She could still benefit from formal spiritual training.

Who could teach her?

qtwanderer

[37]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 27
    Are there anymore gurus?
    Then I guess Tenzin will do...

RaizenYusuke

[38]Jul 6, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Who could teach her?
    Tenzin could.

teenj12

[39]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 26
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Who could teach her?
    Tenzin could.
    Yea, they still need to have Korra explore the spirit world. I wondered how its changed...if its changed at all.

LordGrievous

[40]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 13

teenj12 wrote:
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

LordGrievous wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Yea, Korra actually mastered the elements over the course of her entire childhood. From when she discovered she was the avatar to when she was 16 years old and she passed her Firebending test in the series premiere. If anything, Aang was the one who mastered them quickly

Yeah she MASTERED the elements over the course but I'm talking about how she was able to use the two elements so easily at her age when they found her, Especially Fire bending since it's her opposite and even Aang had trouble getting started on earth and fire.