We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Season 2 Discussion Board: Predictions and Wishes

UnovaChampion

[61]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 19
    He was captured by Asami
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[62]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 28
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Maybe instead of power vs power we can have Korra a fully realized Avatar having to fight like a genius strategist. No human can go head to head with a fully realized Avatar. The Avatar just has too much raw power. I can see why a concept like the Dark Avatar is appealing, because in theory it would have power to match the Avatar. Instead of having dumbasses like Sozin and Yakone who boldly challenge the Avatar head to head we have a villain who always has a plan and uses Korra's power against her or explioting other weaknesses of hers. We have another villain who is light on his feet.

It would appease more people who do not like the idea of a negative Avatar or some new bender who comes out of nowhere and is somehow as powerful as the Avatar.

Thats why I liked Amon. too be fair neither of your examples challenged the Avatar. Sozin was attacking the Earthkingdom and Yakone was fleeing the city

How about idiots who thought they could beat the Avatar with their bending without much of a plan then lol. Amon was a good start, but we need someone who is even better than him when we about stratgey and planning. I am bit worried that the writers will have time coming up with a threat to Korra now that he has mastery of the Avatar State.

Kwando7

[63]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Maybe instead of power vs power we can have Korra a fully realized Avatar having to fight like a genius strategist. No human can go head to head with a fully realized Avatar. The Avatar just has too much raw power. I can see why a concept like the Dark Avatar is appealing, because in theory it would have power to match the Avatar. Instead of having dumbasses like Sozin and Yakone who boldly challenge the Avatar head to head we have a villain who always has a plan and uses Korra's power against her or explioting other weaknesses of hers. We have another villain who is light on his feet.

It would appease more people who do not like the idea of a negative Avatar or some new bender who comes out of nowhere and is somehow as powerful as the Avatar.

Thats why I liked Amon. too be fair neither of your examples challenged the Avatar. Sozin was attacking the Earthkingdom and Yakone was fleeing the city

How about idiots who thought they could beat the Avatar with their bending without much of a plan then lol. Amon was a good start, but we need someone who is even better than him when we about stratgey and planning. I am bit worried that the writers will have time coming up with a threat to Korra now that he has mastery of the Avatar State.

Just realized I refered to firelord Ozai as Sozin

readapost

[64]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 14
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Amon may be out as the main adversary for Korra but Hiroshi may be still in the game. Therefore, I see Hiroshi as Korra's main adversary in Season 2.

I concur with that statement. I think we will start to see some rise of machines. I do hope for the more with Bumi and Iroh II (Jr?) Hiroshi really would seem like a driving force.

legersem

[65]Jul 2, 2012
    • level: 20

readapost wrote:
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Amon may be out as the main adversary for Korra but Hiroshi may be still in the game. Therefore, I see Hiroshi as Korra's main adversary in Season 2.

I concur with that statement. I think we will start to see some rise of machines. I do hope for the more with Bumi and Iroh II (Jr?) Hiroshi really would seem like a driving force.

I just feel like it would be more of the same as this season, though. The machines were part of Amon's plan and the only reason they would be used is because the threat came from non-benders again. I'm ready for some epic bending matches again, which is one thing I missed from the first series this time around. I sort of like the idea of light- and shadowbending, but I don't think it would translate well. I just think it would be very awesome to see an opponent who is the same and opposite of Korra in every way (it doesn't have to be a Dark Avatar per se, but the idea is still the same). I thought that someone could be Amon, but them making him a bender in the end kind of took away from that.

teenj12

[66]Jul 5, 2012
    • level: 26
    Well, just because Amon's gone, doesn't mean the Equalist organisation is. So I think they may step up their game. Also, wasn't Hiroshi capture by Asami in the finale? I think he'll be too busy rotting in jail to be the new main villain for S2.

UnovaChampion

[67]Jul 6, 2012
    Amon is dead, Hiroshi captured, and it's a good assumption that Amon killed the Lieutenant.

We'll definitely be looking at new villains for season 2.

teenj12

[68]Jul 6, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon is dead, Hiroshi captured, and it's a good assumption that Amon killed the Lieutenant.

Nah, I don't think Amon killed Lieutenant. He simply bloodbended him out of of the way.

RaizenYusuke

[69]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 28

I hope the Equalist movement isn't entire dead though. They do not need to be antagonists anymore or the main focus on the show, but their message was powerful and was a gray issue as oppose to the clear good and evil in the original series. I would disappointed if the movement just fell apart, because Amon was a fraud.

It would nice if next season we hear Tenzin or someone else from the council mention they are trying to negotiate with the Equalists or that they are trying to make Republic City more welcoming and fair for non-benders.Does anyone know if the creators will be attending Comic Con this year? It would nice to get some hints at what is in store for next season. Hell I would want to know what type of villains they are plannning to introduce next.

Nerdnot

[70]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 14
    teenj12 wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

Nah, I don't think Amon killed Lieutenant. He simply bloodbended him out of of the way.
    He may have just bloodbended him out to the way, but him landing where and how he did certainly killed him.

teenj12

[71]Jul 6, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

He may have just bloodbended him out to the way, but him landing where and how he did certainly killed him.
    Hmm, well I'm not so convinced yet xP . Avatar deaths are so unclear lol,

Kwando7

[72]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 18

teenj12 wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon is dead, Hiroshi captured, and it's a good assumption that Amon killed the Lieutenant. We'll definitely be looking at new villains for season 2.
    Hmm, well I'm not so convinced yet xP . Avatar deaths are so unclear lol,

it is a kids show remember it just means the deaths we do see are more important (Tarlok and Amon)

UnovaChampion

[73]Jul 13, 2012
    If Amon kept the Lieutenant alive then his whole revolution would be in jeopardy. Surely the Equalists will at least give some thought that the Lieutenant is telling the truth, whereas Korra and Mako would have no chance at convincing the audience. Along with his "served me well" line, I think Amon was putting the Lieutenant to rest for the good of his plan.