We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Season 2 Discussion Board: Predictions and Wishes

_Amibrosia

[21]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 5
    Kwando7 wrote:

Pulch23 wrote:

I would like to see Book 2 set a few years into the future. Like with Korra a fully realized Avatar in maybe her late 20s and Tenzin's kids are all grown up.

That might actually be pretty cool..

Really, 20 years later ? They could do something like that, but I would be upset to being able to see the evolution. But, that's a good idea, I guess I would like some details about Katara and how she will perish, will it be a heroic fight, a story about zuko's mom. She is the main character still alive from the last books and I don't want to see her dead already.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

legersem

[22]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 20

They're probably going to keep the story about Zuko's mom relegated to the comic that Dark Horse is publishing right now as an incentive to buy them. Not a bad plan, but I wish they'd wrap it up in the show...

As for what I hope next season brings, obviously more character development because I think every main character could really use some (the finale showed me that Bolin could also use with some more earthbending training).

I think that the villain could potentially be a previous Avatar from the spirit world. Far-fetched maybe, but who can truly pose a threat to a fully realized Avatar, which it seemed Korra has become as of the season 1 finale? This calls to mind Gantros' old thread on TLA board about the Dark Avatar. Anyone interested should read this thread. It's outdated and definitely had a few holes, but I think this would be a great direction to take the villain in for the next season.

Kwando7

[23]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 18

legersem wrote:

They're probably going to keep the story about Zuko's mom relegated to the comic that Dark Horse is publishing right now as an incentive to buy them. Not a bad plan, but I wish they'd wrap it up in the show...

As for what I hope next season brings, obviously more character development because I think every main character could really use some (the finale showed me that Bolin could also use with some more earthbending training).

I think that the villain could potentially be a previous Avatar from the spirit world. Far-fetched maybe, but who can truly pose a threat to a fully realized Avatar, which it seemed Korra has become as of the season 1 finale? This calls to mind Gantros' old thread on TLA board about the Dark Avatar. Anyone interested should read this thread. It's outdated and definitely had a few holes, but I think this would be a great direction to take the villain in for the next season.

Happy someone else had the same idea I thought ofa Dark Avatarwho was a airbender and used black lightning and could shadow bend.

RaizenYusuke

[24]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 28
    We do not even know if Korra has mastered the Avatar State or even mastered air bending. She had a breakthrough on both fronts, but tat does no mean she has mastered either yet.

MadameTamma

[25]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 7

One, I want to see more of general Iroh or as I'm referring to him now, general sexy bridges. The only thing that was generally established about him is that he's a bad ass. We got hinting of things like he has a great respect for past generations but that's not a lot. I'd like to know his backstory. He looks fairly young to be a general, maybe an episode where we learn about how he rose up through the ranks. Maybe see if he dealt with people accusing him of nepotism in a world that has become a lot more democratic, watch him try to earn his place, something like that.

Two, I always wondered what happened to Toph's relationship with her parents. Did she go back to confront them after making a big success of herself? Did they try any more attempts to get her back? Did they ever make up? I want an episode where Lin has to deal with whatever family has has left in the earth kingdom and see how it affected her life.

Three, people have been complaining about how Korra is a much more plot driven show than a character driven show like it's predecessor. Not that that's a bad thing but I'm kind of hoping that this next season will take a lighter tone to help the build the characters more and then at the last few episodes of the season hit us with something big that will leave us on a cliffhanger that will set up a third season.

yutg25

[26]Jun 23, 2012

DiamondLights wrote:
    I would love to see Aang's other children and more of General Iroh II. Dante Basco's voice is just soo... dreamy.

Agreed except about the voice part I am a guy

I wanted to see Iroh on Team Avatar. With Lin equalized they needed a new military leader to keep the peace so I thought Iroh would take over for awhile in republic city. I would have love to see Iroh II-Asumi-Mako-Kora Love triangle/square Just thinking about Mako and Iroh ag nikai each other enetertaining in so many levels Both Firebending Prodigies, good guys and named after the same guy it would have been legendary.

With what happened in the book of air. Korra is now Avatar it opens up some new possibilities. While we have only seen Avatars like Kyonshi and Roku in their native lands Avatars are supposed to keep the peace in the entire world so its not impossible that Korra may have to deal with problems outside Republic city. Book of water is next (if they follow the avatar cycle so maybe there are threats in the southern water tribe personally I'm hoping for threats in the fire nation so we see more of General Iroh II. (for the above reasons)

I'm hoping for a bigger threat to Korra since she is the Avatar now a kind of Chin the conqueror type like in Kyoshi's day armed with all the latest Sato tech. I mean come on after introducing biplanes and mecha tanks it would be wasted if they weren't going to be used for the later seasons. To me it seems like the old struggle between martial arts and new technological weapons. Like in the last Samurai and other storylines. its not inconceivable that some of the Sato weapons were sold to other would be tyrrants and be able to begin a conquest of the world.

RaizenYusuke

[27]Jun 24, 2012

^

You will never believe this, but I was hopin Iroh would charm Korra. Maye it was my dissatisfaction ith how dull Mako is or how upset I was with howhe treated Asami and Korra, but saw Iroh thank Korra and thought, "He seems like a nice guy.Why not get to know him."

I really, really want to get to know Bumi. The finale ticked me off with how they kept mentioning Bumi. I was sure he would come in like a big god damn hero with his army, saving his family, and go totally sick house on the Equalists' asses. Aang got all serious with age, but can't you just see him and Bumi going on crazy adventure, riding giant sea monsters or riding on Omashu (is that how its spelled?)'s mail system for fun? Aang and Bumi could done some stuff Katara has no idea about.

yutg25

[28]Jun 24, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

^

You will never believe this, but I was hopin Iroh would charm Korra. Maye it was my dissatisfaction ith how dull Mako is or how upset I was with howhe treated Asami and Korra, but saw Iroh thank Korra and thought, "He seems like a nice guy.Why not get to know him."

I really, really want to get to know Bumi. The finale ticked me off with how they kept mentioning Bumi. I was sure he would come in like a big god damn hero with his army, saving his family, and go totally sick house on the Equalists' asses. Aang got all serious with age, but can't you just see him and Bumi going on crazy adventure, riding giant sea monsters or riding on Omashu (is that how its spelled?)'s mail system for fun? Aang and Bumi could done some stuff Katara has no idea about.

Totally agree. With the way Mako treated Asumi I thought she'd double cross him just for that. Who do you think would win an ag ni kai Mako or Iroh II.

Even Ten zin has a few moments of that so I'm sure they would have had a list

RaizenYusuke

[29]Jun 24, 2012
    Hard for me say without seeng what Iroh II can really do. Seeing how lightning seems to be easier to learn I want Mako to teach Korra how to use it.

Kwando7

[30]Jun 24, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

^

Except it would be creepy for a 30 something year old to charm a 16 year old. Guessing Aang had some influence over Iroh II's life seeing how he was all"ahh the good ol days"while hanging from the statue. Well Korra may not have mastered Airbending or the avatar state (lets hope) but she seems to have a handle on energy bending

RaizenYusuke

[31]Jun 24, 2012
    Is he in his 30s? He seems really young. I wonder if he knew Aang or not. If he is in his 30s I can see it being creepy to charm a 16 year old.

Terragrl

[32]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 3

RaizenYusuke wrote:

^

You will never believe this, but I was hopin Iroh would charm Korra.

I thought the same thing actually. I mean I have no real idea how old General Iroh is supposed to be but it still would've been kind of nice to see her or even Asami interested in someone other than Mako. Especially someone as cool as Iroh ( I mean is everyone in that family kinda awesome?)

dbzguy406

[33]Jun 24, 2012

The series needs to get bigger, more in depth. The strain of keeping it centered at Republic City isbeginningto wear. The first season should have ended differently in a way which we could see Korra have to interact with Aang and the spirit world much more in order to get her bending back. That would allow for a great range of character development, perhaps a crisis to push her into restoring her bending, but they elected to close that off in the final minute of the season finale.

With that being said, I think the show will get bigger in regards to where they go/what they do. ALL characters need to be developed and paid special attention to and for the sake of us all make Bolin do something not stupid. Change his nose or something. Anyway, with Korra being a newly fully realized Avatar, someone will have to challenge her capabilities, and that's why I think it has to be an enemy which can affect the world, not just Republic City.

yutg25

[34]Jun 24, 2012

Terragrl wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

^

You will never believe this, but I was hopin Iroh would charm Korra.

I thought the same thing actually. I mean I have no real idea how old General Iroh is supposed to be but it still would've been kind of nice to see her or even Asami interested in someone other than Mako. Especially someone as cool as Iroh ( I mean is everyone in that family kinda awesome?)

I totally agree with you on that. I don't think Iroh is that old He is Zuko's grandson his peers are the air bending kids not Tenzin. I think he's in his 20s. From the look on him he's a firebending prodigy. No offense but I think prodigies like that are promoted quickly; one of the inequalities of that world I guess. Yeah that family has lot of bending prodigies well I guess that what happen when you have prodigies and the AVatar in your as ancestors. So cool.

RaizenYusuke

[35]Jun 24, 2012

The finale ended with everything mostly tied up, but I am going to guess what issues the second season might deal with.

After reading posts about people explaining that Amon may have been the leader, but with Tarrolock's actions during the crisis and still feeling oppressed there may be a few bender racists who want to keep the fight going like Mr. Sato, except without Amon's bending locking he could go genocidal. Korra could have to deal with making peace between the bender and non-benders.

Industrial age that the Avatar is going through could be disrupting the Spirit World or displeasing the spirits. In the original season the Fire Nation's advancements lead to polluting waters andde-forestizationand in some case angered spirits. Korra herself is a template for how the current era has lost its connection to the spiritual world. Bending is becoming less spiritual in general and more physical sense. In a word it is becoming out of balance.

Unfortunately it will probably deal with Korra balancing out her relationship with Mako and her duties as Avatar and a strained freindship with Asami.

Asami dealing with the legacy of her father.

Bolin living in the shadow of his brother.

Nerdnot

[36]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 14
    ^Great Ideas! Though I don't know if Bolin could ever feel threat from his brother. WHERE'S ZUKO?!?!?! We got his grandson and that did fine, but I would like to see him one more time.

VirusMonster

[37]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 15
    Kwando7 wrote:

legersem wrote:

Happy someone else had the same idea I thought ofa Dark Avatarwho was a airbender and used black lightning and could shadow bend.

So someone else had a "Dark Avatar" idea? Cool, and I'm thankfully for the link!

I'd envision the world originally had two Avatars, one to represent Light and the other Darkness, as the Avatar keeps the world in balance and Light and Darkness cannot exist without each other. Also I was thinking the Dark Avatar had two unique bending style of Light and Darkness... to move the shadows to make arms and such to conceal and grab, and the light to become shields to protect and rays to strike like a sword. As I imagine the four bending elements would be "darker" in appearance and more aggressive-looking too to complement the "dark" vibe of them. Two unique bending styles exclusive to the Dark Avatar. However the problem rises with how does the Dark Avatar appear in the world? I imagined a person, a non-bender (or bender, it doesn't matter), is overtaken by the Dark Avatar spirit and transform into the Dark Avatar for a period of time and has no recollection of being in the Dark Avatar state after returning to normal and only slowly becomes aware of the Dark Avatar spirit dwelling within.

Sort of like a possessor, spirit possess others bodies to communicate sometimes right? So the Dark Avatar spirit picks a host and sticks with it until their dying day like the Avatar spirit. The Dark Avatar and Light Avatar (the Avatar of today) always protector the world, with one of the Avatars protecting the north and south of the world. However the people of the world feared, distrust, and dislike the Dark Avatar and its 'darker' bending abilities and embraced the Light Avatar as their "true" Avatar and ostracized and rejected the Dark Avatar making the Dark Avatar feel unwanted and unloved by the world and felt nothing but hatred and jealous for the Light Avatar... wanted to thrive to become loved like the Light Avatar. But the Dark Avatar's feelings of neglected affected the Spirit World and caused spirits like Koh to wander and destroy the world, and having the world blame the Dark Avatar pushed the DA to the deep end that the DA didn't care about the world and shown the world the "evil side" of their actions by punishing them. The Light Avatar had no choice be to quell the Dark Avatar and imprison the Dark Avatar and the evil spirits into the Spirit World and binding the Dark Avatar into the furthest reaches of the Spirit World and to never be released again.

Outraged at the betrayal of its sibling counterpart, the Dark Avatar cursed the Light Avatar that it will reap what it sow as everything must be punished for their actions and vowed to become part of the world and Avatar line again to protect the world in its own "dark" justice. The Light Avatar regrets its action but deem it necessary to seal away its sibling counterpart away forever and apologizes to the Dark Avatar and leaves, as well as sealing away the knowledge and memories of the Dark Avatar existence unless the Dark Avatar somehow returns to the world once again.

Since the Dark Avatar cannot fully leave the Spirit World, it sends a part of its spirit into a human host overtime to become the next Dark Avatar to free the rest of its spirit in the Spirit World to become a fully-realized Dark Avatar once again and protect and balance the world like it did long ago... in its own dark way.

Yeah, sounds like a fanfic idea... maybe I should make it, but be good story.

Would be cool to see something like this for Season 2 of "Legend of Korra".

UnovaChampion

[38]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 19
    Bolin will get a character development arc in season 2.

Kwando7

[39]Jun 24, 2012

VirusMonster wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

legersem wrote:

So someone else had a "Dark Avatar" idea? Cool, and I'm thankfully for the link! I'd envision the world originally had two Avatars, one to represent Light and the other Darkness, as the Avatar keeps the world in balance and Light and Darkness cannot exist without each other. Also I was thinking the Dark Avatar had two unique bending style of Light and Darkness... to move the shadows to make arms and such to conceal and grab, and the light to become shields to protect and rays to strike like a sword. As I imagine the four bending elements would be "darker" in appearance and more aggressive-looking too to complement the "dark" vibe of them. Two unique bending styles exclusive to the Dark Avatar. However the problem rises with how does the Dark Avatar appear in the world? I imagined a person, a non-bender (or bender, it doesn't matter), is overtaken by the Dark Avatar spirit and transform into the Dark Avatar for a period of time and has no recollection of being in the Dark Avatar state after returning to normal and only slowly becomes aware of the Dark Avatar spirit dwelling within. Sort of like a possessor, spirit possess others bodies to communicate sometimes right? So the Dark Avatar spirit picks a host and sticks with it until their dying day like the Avatar spirit. The Dark Avatar and Light Avatar (the Avatar of today) always protector the world, with one of the Avatars protecting the north and south of the world. However the people of the world feared, distrust, and dislike the Dark Avatar and its 'darker' bending abilities and embraced the Light Avatar as their "true" Avatar and ostracized and rejected the Dark Avatar making the Dark Avatar feel unwanted and unloved by the world and felt nothing but hatred and jealous for the Light Avatar... wanted to thrive to become loved like the Light Avatar. But the Dark Avatar's feelings of neglected affected the Spirit World and caused spirits like Koh to wander and destroy the world, and having the world blame the Dark Avatar pushed the DA to the deep end that the DA didn't care about the world and shown the world the "evil side" of their actions by punishing them. The Light Avatar had no choice be to quell the Dark Avatar and imprison the Dark Avatar and the evil spirits into the Spirit World and binding the Dark Avatar into the furthest reaches of the Spirit World and to never be released again. Outraged at the betrayal of its sibling counterpart, the Dark Avatar cursed the Light Avatar that it will reap what it sow as everything must be punished for their actions and vowed to become part of the world and Avatar line again to protect the world in its own "dark" justice. The Light Avatar regrets its action but deem it necessary to seal away its sibling counterpart away forever and apologizes to the Dark Avatar and leaves, as well as sealing away the knowledge and memories of the Dark Avatar existence unless the Dark Avatar somehow returns to the world once again. Since the Dark Avatar cannot fully leave the Spirit World, it sends a part of its spirit into a human host overtime to become the next Dark Avatar to free the rest of its spirit in the Spirit World to become a fully-realized Dark Avatar once again and protect and balance the world like it did long ago... in its own dark way. Yeah, sounds like a fanfic idea... maybe I should make it, but be good story. Would be cool to see something like this for Season 2 of "Legend of Korra".

Wow my idea was just some airbender getting all "A God Am I" thinking he was better then everybody

RaizenYusuke

[40]Jun 24, 2012
    All this Dark Avatar talk makes me wonder if there were a few Avatars that lost their way and abused their power. I could see an Avatar take his or her job so seriously that they become a tyrant that makes the world be at peace. They played with the idea of Tarrolock manipulating Korra, but it could make a good story to see someone tempt Korra into using her power in maintaining peace through might makes right deal. We need more villains with cunning.