We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Episode Discussion: The Aftermath

Kwando7

[42]May 20, 2012
    • level: 18

Considering Mr Sato was also really nice and turned out to be the bad guy it can be understood. I wonder what the next episode will be about

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[43]May 20, 2012
    • level: 28
    @Time: Until last episode they weren't developing Asami beyond a pretty face though. A lot of us thought they were going the obvious route. I am glad they aren't right now, but still kind o afraid we are going to get some bam Asami is a double agent finae scene.

TimeHeroLink

[44]May 20, 2012
    • level: 10

Kwando7 wrote:
    Considering Mr Sato was also really nice and turned out to be the bad guy it can be understood.

And when he was revealed as a bad guy, Asami is revealed to have not known about this, Mr. Sato flat-out says he never told her and didn't want her involved, and thus his offer for her to JOIN the Equalists and her decision NOT to are completely sincere. There's just no excuse anymore to believe Asami is an Equalist or will become one, as it's just been proven she wasn't an Equalist before this and we see her turn down an offer to become one by knocking out her own father and the Lieutenant, the freaking second-in-command to Amon!

Edited on 05/20/2012 6:49pm

_Amibrosia

[45]May 20, 2012
    • level: 5
    There is only one important thing for the next episodes, how Mako will react toward Asami and Korra, his relationship is the only major story of this season. I hope to see more Korra and Asami moves with Mako.

UnovaChampion

[46]May 20, 2012
    • level: 19
    How the hell is that the major story of the season?

edmasterchaos

[47]May 20, 2012
    • level: 41

AllieAllie wrote:

TimeHeroLink wrote:

I honestly have no idea WHY people ever suspected Asami of being an Equalist, except for dumb reasons.

"She's Korra's rival in love!" And thus she must be evil, right?

"She's a non-bender!" This is the most ironic: fans suspect her of being an Equalist due to they themselves having an Equalist mindset in reverse: if a character doesn't bend, then they're evil!

"She's too nice!" So a nice person can't just be a nice person? And it's not like she doesn't have a rough side.

"She resembles Azula!" Maybe a little, with the black hair and lipstick, but other than that, I don't see much resemblence, and I CERTAINLY do not see any hints that she's a sociopathic mastermind like Azula was and could pull off a convicing elaborate undercover act like this. She's completely sincere.

"Helping fund the Fire Ferrets was a trick!" Yes....of her father's, not her's.

So yeah, I say Asami is innocent until proven guilty, and odds are, she never WILL be proven guilty.

For me, the thing about Asami being too nice is that it wasn't really shown until this past episode that there was any depht to her character. She was just this beautiful, nice rich girl but there wasn't any other sides to her shown up till now. I think Korra saying that she used to think Asami was just a prissy rich girl was kinda commenting on that?

Someone elsewhere pointed that out, rather interesting thing done in the show: The Fan's perception of Asami was exactly the same as Korra's. Until Korra found out of Asami's character we found out.

RiciSmokes2

[48]May 21, 2012
    • level: 7

I could see Asami being a double agent, it's run off the mil for the agent to "harm" in some way the "bad" people to prove their loyalty to the target group. I blame the Bond films for the sexy/evil chick cliche. I hope Asami isn't a double, I kinda like her and Mako. Bolin is getting funnier I think. Tahno will probably be back at some point. The bending fight was awesome. Overall 8 out of 10 episode.

Edited on 05/21/2012 2:36am

Kwando7

[49]May 21, 2012

RiciSmokes2 wrote:

I could see Asami being a double agent, it's run off the mil for the agent to "harm" in some way the "bad" people to prove their loyalty to the target group. I blame the Bond films for the sexy/evil chick cliche. I hope Asami isn't a double, I kinda like her and Mako. Bolin is getting funnier I think. Tahno will probably be back at some point. The bending fight was awesome. Overall 8 out of 10 episode.

I wonder when all the benders who had their bending taken away (there has got to be a shorter term for them) will infiltrate Amon's base to take it down from the inside. Although knowing Amon he probably has a list and pictures of his targets

_Amibrosia

[50]May 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    How the hell is that the major story of the season?

Because I considere the relationship a priority.

UnovaChampion

[51]May 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    Over Amon? Korra learning airbending? Figuring out the truth behind the flashbacks?

Masami is endgame anyways

ShagonsHeart

[52]May 21, 2012
    • level: 4

Love the episode, this series keeps getting better and better. Sato was an early guess of mine for Amon but after seeing him a few times I realized he was too short but he did support them so I was on the right track. Glad Asami wasn't reviled as a bad guy the group does need a non bender and she needed some character development. Although this will make it harder for Korra and Mako to get together. Either Asami "gives him up", she dies or some one cheats on the other. This is going to be messy.

Is anyone else suspicious that there is a Firebender behind three key deaths in this series? Mako and Bolin's parrent, Asami's Mother and Amon's family (although I still suspect this might be a lie) We know there are bad benders that use Earth and water and can kill just as easily so why so much focus on killer fire benders? I betting they're all the same one. At least the one who killed Asami's mother and the brothers parents. Could Amon be that fire bender or is this seeding for a possible season 2 plot?

Loved Lin using her Mother's style to find the cave entrance. Now that she's going rouge I wonder if we'll see some more cool moves now that she won't be holding back because of her badge.

I wonder how team Avatar Korra is going to fare living at Air temple island? Asami and the brothers seem to be use to a bit more freedom than I think Tenzin will allow.

Oh, I also had my first Avatar Dream last night. I dreamed that I was watching Amon's story and that he was a fire bender that was burned by his own flam and he destroyed his own family because he couldn't control his power. The spirits took it away and for him it became a blessing. I woke up somewhere around there but I couldn't help but think this would be a good back story if it was true.

Nerdnot

[53]May 21, 2012
    • level: 14
    [QUOTE="ShagonsHeart"]

Love the episode, this series keeps getting better and better. Sato was an early guess of mine for Amon but after seeing him a few times I realized he was too short /QUOTE] How did you guess that?

ShagonsHeart wrote:
    but he did support them so I was on the right track. Glad Asami wasn't reviled as a bad guy the group does need a non bender and she needed some character development. Although this will make it harder for Korra and Mako to get together. Either Asami "gives him up", she dies or some one cheats on the other. This is going to be messy.

I wonder how team Avatar Korra is going to fare living at Air temple island? Asami and the brothers seem to be use to a bit more freedom than I think Tenzin will allow.

Oh, I also had my first Avatar Dream last night. I dreamed that I was watching Amon's story and that he was a fire bender that was burned by his own flam and he destroyed his own family because he couldn't control his power. The spirits took it away and for him it became a blessing. I woke up somewhere around there but I couldn't help but think this would be a good back story if it was true.

Haha, He will probably be hard on them. Although it well be nice to Asami there for Pema's sake. I had an Avatar Dream too but it was really dumb.

readapost

[54]May 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Over Amon? Korra learning airbending? Figuring out the truth behind the flashbacks?

I wish to find all that out, also I noted something if Aang master all but one of the teirs of Airbending. Does that mean Tenzin did or because of the Airwheel he made make him a master?

DiamondLights

[55]May 21, 2012
    • level: 8
    This is kind of random, but did anyone else think Tenzin's airbending was awesome?

readapost

[56]May 21, 2012
    DiamondLights wrote:
    This is kind of random, but did anyone else think Tenzin's airbending was awesome?
    I enjoyed it. Mostly because we could see what he as a airbending master can do. He for a while was the last left standing.

edmasterchaos

[57]May 21, 2012
    • level: 41

DiamondLights wrote:
    I *really* liked the wheel thing he did.

_Amibrosia

[58]May 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

Totally. I disagree about masami.

Kwando7

[59]May 21, 2012

edmasterchaos wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:

It's sorta like an advanced Air scooter, it was awesome

readapost

[60]May 21, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:

It's sorta like an advanced Air scooter, it was awesome

I heard it's called the Aircycle.

RaizenYusuke

[61]May 21, 2012
    • level: 28
    I like the name, Aircycle. I hope it is the canon name. Korra should start carrying a small bottle with water or something. Fire and water makes a effective combo, epsecially for those tanks. If you heat something really fast than cool it and could really weaken or destroy a structure.