We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Episode Discussion: The Aftermath

Kwando7

[62]May 22, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I like the name, Aircycle. I hope it is the canon name. Korra should start carrying a small bottle with water or something. Fire and water makes a effective combo, epsecially for those tanks. If you heat something really fast than cool it and could really weaken or destroy a structure.

it would also have to be super heated then cooled down super quick to have an effect, meanwhile the tanks have already shot electric cables and taken her down they would need a lot of firebenders and water benders to do so or have Korra enter the Avatar State.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[63]May 22, 2012
    • level: 28
    You think so? I think Korra can do it on her own if she is a skilled enough fire bender, but like you said it would be tiring for her to generate that kind of heat. Cooling it dowon quickly would not be a problem. Once you freeze something in a matter of seconds you can cool things down instantly.

iiMNOTOKAY

[64]May 22, 2012
    • level: 17

Does anyone think Tahno is going to make a reappearance? Or just kind of disappear?

I feel that the writers do a great job of having smaller characters come back time and time again (ex: Jet. I hated Jet.)

readapost

[65]May 22, 2012
    • level: 14
    iiMNOTOKAY wrote:

Does anyone think Tahno is going to make a reappearance? Or just kind of disappear?

I feel that the writers do a great job of having smaller characters come back time and time again (ex: Jet. I hated Jet.)

Yeah, about that Tahno said he, "was healed by the best benders in the city" right? He never went to Katara.

edmasterchaos

[66]May 22, 2012
    • level: 41

iiMNOTOKAY wrote:

He did show up on episode 7, wouldn't be surprised if, at the very least, he's seen in the final fight with Amon.

UnovaChampion

[67]May 22, 2012
    • level: 19
    Katara doesn't live in Republic City and there's no reason that Tahno would go to her

readapost

[68]May 22, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Katara doesn't live in Republic City and there's no reason that Tahno would go to her
    Yeah, true which is the point. "If she is the best there is" stated by Korra. Why doesn't he go see her?

RaizenYusuke

[69]May 22, 2012
    • level: 28
    Katara is all the way in the South Pole. That is a long trip. It makes more sense to go to healers in Republic City. If he has the captial and time he could go to Katara, but that is what weeks of traveling? Where is Republic City exactly? The first episode never really gave us a sense of time it took for Korra to go from the South Pole to Republic City. It can't have been a week or two trip. I mean the South Pole is the South Pole, which is freaking far. Didn't Katara say in the original series that it would take the gang months to leave the Earth City captial to get to Whale Tail Island, which was close to the South Pole? So even in this series the South Pole is still far away. A round trip could be like six months possibly.

iiMNOTOKAY

[70]May 22, 2012
    • level: 17

But Tahno also seems like the kind of guy who would do anything to get his bending back, so who knows? It's a long trip, no doubt, but if it means he gets back his bending, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it a try.

readapost

[71]May 22, 2012
    iiMNOTOKAY wrote:

But Tahno also seems like the kind of guy who would do anything to get his bending back, so who knows? It's a long trip, no doubt, but if it means he gets back his bending, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it a try.

That's was my thinking. Tahno really does seem like someone we'll be seeing again.

shadowscott

[72]May 23, 2012
    • level: 23
    readapost wrote:
    iiMNOTOKAY wrote:

Yeah, about that Tahno said he, "was healed by the best benders in the city" right? He never went to Katara.

Plus, assuming Amon isnt lying when he says he was given the power to take away bending, from what we know from Airbender, it's permanent. Healing wouldn't do anything. Tahno just mentions that cause he thinks it can be healed, which we know it cannot.