We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Episode Discussion: The Aftermath

VirusMonster

[1]May 17, 2012
    • level: 15

Well seeing as the Official Book Air thread is crowded with every episode talkback, I decided to start making these Official Episode Talkback Discussion threads to help sort things out and have everyone's questions on a particular episode answered in the same thread based on it. I hope you don't mind! I'm a fan of the original series as well and I'm enjoying Korra as well and I hope we get along!

Please direct all general and specific questions and feedack on the episode "The Aftermath" in this thread, please.Keep it friendly and enjoy!

Original Airdate: May 19, 2012

Episode Summary: Korra suspects that someone close to her is working for the Equalists.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elementavatar14

[2]May 17, 2012
    • level: 8

Asami. Or the task force guy. I always forget his name for some reason....

They are pure. evil. Frown

VirusMonster

[3]May 17, 2012
    • level: 15

I'm surprised to see someone already post in this topic days before the episode appears!

Anyone, Asami is a good guess... for some reason it seem to much likecoincidencefor her and Mako to bump into each other like that (or it is really fate or destiny or whatever), but I want to go with that Council Member person... who's name escapes me, that created the Task Force to take down Amon. I mean, where did he get his information on the Chi Blocker's training hideout? And his face when he was thinking over Lei's proposal to not stop the Pro-Bending Finals... and Amon commenting "everything is going according to plan".

Please the summary does say someone close to Korra is suspected to be a member of the Equalists. Asami isn't exactly close to Korra, while that Council Dude is. I can't wait until the next episode premieres!

Edited on 05/17/2012 11:40am

UnovaChampion

[4]May 17, 2012
    • level: 19
    Tarlokk, Tarlokk damnit

Not that hard

Anyways, perhaps straightforward it is Asami, and they thought it'd be a surprise for us.

Or perhaps the writers have been fooling us and if Korra confronts Asami in the heat of the love triangle it will turn out she's false and work against her relationship with Mako. Then it would turn out Tarlokk was the one working with Amon to gain more power.

elementavatar14

[5]May 17, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Tarlokk, Tarlokk damnit Not that hard Anyways, perhaps straightforward it is Asami, and they thought it'd be a surprise for us. Or perhaps the writers have been fooling us and if Korra confronts Asami in the heat of the love triangle it will turn out she's false and work against her relationship with Mako. Then it would turn out Tarlokk was the one working with Amon to gain more power.

So both his first and last name are Tarlokk? That doesn't seem very creative of the writers.... Wink

RaizenYusuke

[6]May 17, 2012
    • level: 28

There haven't been enough established characters to guess from. Asami and Tarlokk are both the obvious choices. On this forum alone so many people posted theories and thoughts on Asami being an Equalist or Tarlokk working with Amon or is Amon himself. Tenzin and Lin won't be with Equalists. Bolin and Mako won't be Equalists. Those are the only established recurring characters that interact with Korra are close to her on-screen. With limited choices we have it is probably going to be Asami or Tarlokk that Korra accuses.

UnovaChampion

[7]May 17, 2012
    element that was hardly clever in the slightest.

readapost

[8]May 17, 2012
    • level: 14
    elementavatar14 wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Tarlokk, Tarlokk damnit Not that hard Anyways, perhaps straightforward it is Asami, and they thought it'd be a surprise for us. Or perhaps the writers have been fooling us and if Korra confronts Asami in the heat of the love triangle it will turn out she's false and work against her relationship with Mako. Then it would turn out Tarlokk was the one working with Amon to gain more power.

So both his first and last name are Tarlokk? That doesn't seem very creative of the writers.... Wink

No, Talokk has one name like Madonna.

edmasterchaos

[9]May 18, 2012
    • level: 41

Oh, you silly guys. Tarrlok is a good guy in the reasoning that Amon is the villain here. Next season we might get Tarrlok as a villain, for now he's the sly dude that looks out for himself.

Anyway, Sato, with his money and inventions, Asami potential chi-blocker.

elementavatar14

[10]May 18, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    element that was hardly clever in the slightest.

haha I know it wasn't clever. Writers these days, you know? No creativity with names.

UnovaChampion

[11]May 18, 2012

Anyways forget Asami everyone, Tenzin apparently will reveal a secret tomorrow

readapost

[12]May 18, 2012
    Hey think Amon is creepy? Someone found a hidden message. http://you-are-bolin.tumblr.com/post/23200693911/amons-revelation-speech-has-a-hidden-message-a

edmasterchaos

[13]May 18, 2012
    • level: 41

UnovaChampion wrote:
    ........... Anyways forget Asami everyone, Tenzin apparently will reveal a secret tomorrow
    The only secret from Tenzin i care for is how Pema got him. I bet it was sexy.

readapost

[14]May 18, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    ........... Anyways forget Asami everyone, Tenzin apparently will reveal a secret tomorrow
    The only secret from Tenzin i care for is how Pema got him. I bet it was sexy.

Must resist making joke.

Nerdnot

[15]May 18, 2012

readapost wrote:
    Hey think Amon is creepy? Someone found a hidden message. http://you-are-bolin.tumblr.com/post/23200693911/amons-revelation-speech-has-a-hidden-message-a
    Creppyer

Edited on 05/18/2012 7:41pm

Kwando7

[16]May 19, 2012
    • level: 18

[QUOTE="readapost"]Hey think Amon is creepy? Someone found a hidden message. http://you-are-bolin.tumblr.com/post/23200693911/amons-revelation-speech-has-a-hidden-message-a[/QUOTE]

didn't someone else make that claim... oh right BATMAN

Nerdnot

[17]May 19, 2012
    I can't believe Korra didn't go in the Avatar State, she had a perfect chance!

ShagonsHeart

[18]May 19, 2012
    • level: 4

So how long before we can talk about the episode in detail? I know it just aired but OMG!!!!! There is so much to talk about! One of my theories was sort of right.

Nerdnot

[19]May 19, 2012
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

So how long before we can talk about the episode in detail? I know it just aired but OMG!!!!! There is so much to talk about! One of my theories was sort of right.

We can talk right now as long as you put spoiler tags

RaizenYusuke

[20]May 19, 2012
    • level: 28
    Good to see Asami is being developed. Surprised that she wasn't evil. I am very happy I was wrong about the writers going the obvious route with Asami. I hope Korra and Asami friendship continues to develop.