We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book One: Air Season Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

DiamondLights

[1]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 8

OMG.

Did anyone else kind of expect it to be a little more epic?

Edited on 06/23/2012 9:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[2]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 14
    DiamondLights wrote:

OMG.

More epic? MORE EPIC! You are telling me that wasn't epic enough? Does Korra know how to go in the avatar state at will? Cause if not, that would make it a little less epic. BY LIKE A CENITMETER!

DiamondLights

[3]Jun 23, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, the finale was excellent, but I just expected there to be more of a battle between Korra and Amon. Thinking about it, I guess it wasn't necessarily Korra's fight, but I still would've loved a bigger showdown. I was, however, happy to see her finally airbend.

Nerdnot

[4]Jun 23, 2012
    True

jkpop_07

[5]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 5
    I loved that what finally got her to airbend was her love for Makko. But I'm frustrated that theres still SOOOO MANY unanwsered questions!! Toph's parents, Sokka and Suki's children (if they had any), Zuko and most important ZUKO'S MOM!! I feel like the writers don't have answers. They're just hoping we'll forget about these questions. Well sorry I will never forget about these incredible characters who I think are more compelling than the new characters.

readapost

[6]Jun 23, 2012
    DiamondLights wrote:

OMG.

It had a strong start, awesome middle with them talking about Tenzin's brother Bumi. The giveing back of bending was cool to see Aang and all. It was just a little too much they could have done more... Overall the ending was easy to predict, and as for the shipping I was kinda mad at it in this episode. The only highlights (for me.) was Iroh,Bumi and what very little battle action we got. Now don't get me wrong I thought it was good, just not as good as I thought.

UnovaChampion

[7]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 19
    Me: Amon is Tarlokk's brother definitely. Why spend so much time on Yakone and give flashbacks of him during encounters with Amon if it wasn't going to lead to anything? Also, we should take into account his resistance to bloodbending and passion to gain control of Republic City like Tarlokk. All the pieces of the puzzle fit right into place.

Other Member: Tarlokk's brother you say? That's ridiculous, why would Yakone have a secret son? (even though Tarlokk himself was a secret up until episode 9) It's gonna be some spirit that had absolutely no kind of buildup, that will definitely fit in perfectly with only an hour of time left for the season. Herp derp.

HA, I SO CALLED IT!

Bragging aside, well done finale. My favorite part was Noatokk's and Tarlokk's backstory and then Tarlokk blowing them up, that was emotional and definitely showed a change in the level of maturity to have them die like that. I also liked the showdown between Mako, Korra, and Amon. I also think Amon killed the Lieutenant....things definitely were intense.

irohbender

[8]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 2
    My favorite part was when Lin got her bending back!!!!!!!

TimeHeroLink

[9]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 10

jkpop_07 wrote:
    But I'm frustrated that theres still SOOOO MANY unanwsered questions!! Toph's parents, Sokka and Suki's children (if they had any), Zuko and most important ZUKO'S MOM!! I feel like the writers don't have answers. They're just hoping we'll forget about these questions. Well sorry I will never forget about these incredible characters who I think are more compelling than the new characters.

You forgot a big one: AZULA.

jkpop_07

[10]Jun 23, 2012
    TimeHeroLink wrote:

jkpop_07 wrote:
    But I'm frustrated that theres still SOOOO MANY unanwsered questions!! Toph's parents, Sokka and Suki's children (if they had any), Zuko and most important ZUKO'S MOM!! I feel like the writers don't have answers. They're just hoping we'll forget about these questions. Well sorry I will never forget about these incredible characters who I think are more compelling than the new characters.

Your right thank you!! I suppose the reason I'm so frustrated is that this felt like a series finale. I hope it isn't! The animation is incredible and the world the writers created is so vast and detailed. I hope theres more to it. Plus Bumi didn't even get a line! What up with that!

Terragrl

[11]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 3

irohbender wrote:
    My favorite part was when Lin got her bending back!!!!!!!
    Whoo! Spider-Lin is back! Wow they wrapped that one up! I mean it felt a bit more like a series finale than a season finale to me (guess cause the writers initially wrote it that way?). I'm just wondering how, with one more season left and most of this series' particular questions answered, how're they gonna top it all for next season??? Still not too much of a fan of Makorra though, but whatever... I mean am I the only one who feels sorry for Asami?

RaizenYusuke

[12]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 28
    Finale was alright. Shipping was rushed and the ending was a quick fix. I expected Aang to tell Korra to go on a spiritual journey that would allow her to connect with the elements on a spiritual level and undo Amon's damage. No Aang just fixes it, Korra is intune with her spiritual side, and fixes everyone else's bending. It was disappointing. I loved when Korra air bended though. Bolin and Asami made a good team. Iroh II is pretty cool. But damn I wanted Bumi to have a line. He is already awesome with his wild man scream. The beginning was good, Amon's story was actually touching, but disappointing. We didn't learn if he actually thought bending was evil or just trying to carry out his father's revenge. We didn't even connect with him much and his giving up to start over felt like it would have had more meaning if we got more insight on his character from him rather than his brother who had no idea what happened between abandoning his family to becoming Amon. Hood action, nice story, but it felt rushed and quick solutions. It was a fine finale, but nothing great.

_Amibrosia

[13]Jun 23, 2012
    TimeHeroLink wrote:

jkpop_07 wrote:

Thanks for using my profile picture ...

_Amibrosia

[14]Jun 23, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Me: Amon is Tarlokk's brother definitely. Why spend so much time on Yakone and give flashbacks of him during encounters with Amon if it wasn't going to lead to anything? Also, we should take into account his resistance to bloodbending and passion to gain control of Republic City like Tarlokk. All the pieces of the puzzle fit right into place.

Other Member: Tarlokk's brother you say? That's ridiculous, why would Yakone have a secret son? (even though Tarlokk himself was a secret up until episode 9) It's gonna be some spirit that had absolutely no kind of buildup, that will definitely fit in perfectly with only an hour of time left for the season. Herp derp.

HA, I SO CALLED IT!

Bragging aside, well done finale. My favorite part was Noatokk's and Tarlokk's backstory and then Tarlokk blowing them up, that was emotional and definitely showed a change in the level of maturity to have them die like that. I also liked the showdown between Mako, Korra, and Amon. I also think Amon killed the Lieutenant....things definitely were intense.

I don't think that's over yet, one brother could still be alive and I believe it's going to be Tarlokk somehow surviving it. Taking his place as the equalist movement. They need a new threat this time and there are a lot of possibilities.

Equalist or even evil spirits. O.o

LordGrievous

[15]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 13

_Amibrosia wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Me: Amon is Tarlokk's brother definitely. Why spend so much time on Yakone and give flashbacks of him during encounters with Amon if it wasn't going to lead to anything? Also, we should take into account his resistance to bloodbending and passion to gain control of Republic City like Tarlokk. All the pieces of the puzzle fit right into place. Other Member: Tarlokk's brother you say? That's ridiculous, why would Yakone have a secret son? (even though Tarlokk himself was a secret up until episode 9) It's gonna be some spirit that had absolutely no kind of buildup, that will definitely fit in perfectly with only an hour of time left for the season. Herp derp. HA, I SO CALLED IT! Bragging aside, well done finale. My favorite part was Noatokk's and Tarlokk's backstory and then Tarlokk blowing them up, that was emotional and definitely showed a change in the level of maturity to have them die like that. I also liked the showdown between Mako, Korra, and Amon. I also think Amon killed the Lieutenant....things definitely were intense.
    I don't think that's over yet, one brother could still be alive and I believe it's going to be Tarlokk somehow surviving it. Taking his place as the equalist movement. They need a new threat this time and there are a lot of possibilities. Equalist or even evil spirits. O.o

Even if Tarlokk survived I doubt he would take over as the leader of the Equalist or still even be a villain. He's regretted what he did to Korra.

scottjoc

[16]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 10
    My only issue with this episode is that it was obviously intended to be the Series Finale, not the season Finale.

I mean think about it for a second, there's little to no loose ends, everything is resolved - even Korra saying "I love you" is indicative of the classic series conclusion.

Everything is tied together in such a neat bow that if Nick said tomorrow that it was Cancelled, there'd be little to complain about because there was no cliffhanger.

It seems to me that the writers already had the entire series panned out when Nick asked for season 2 and they just decided to leave everything the way it was rather than try and bridge the gap.

game_man1

[17]Jun 23, 2012

scottjoc wrote:
    My only issue with this episode is that it was obviously intended to be the Series Finale, not the season Finale. I mean think about it for a second, there's little to no loose ends, everything is resolved - even Korra saying "I love you" is indicative of the classic series conclusion. Everything is tied together in such a neat bow that if Nick said tomorrow that it was Cancelled, there'd be little to complain about because there was no cliffhanger. It seems to me that the writers already had the entire series panned out when Nick asked for season 2 and they just decided to leave everything the way it was rather than try and bridge the gap.

someone said that in an interview the creators had planned for the series to be at least 2 seasons with a different villain for each one instead of one big villain for the whole series. course its gonna be hard to top Amon.

Kwando7

[18]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 18

While I think Amon being Tarlokks brother is a whole new kind of lame. Not to mention as UnovaChampion would say so cliche of a back story. A child being raised for revenge turns of his father, where have we seen that before? I actually liked the ending between Amon and Tarlokk shame how it played out. It was pretty touching.

The airbending stunt was seen a mile a way andI think they could have easily left Korra with no bending for the next season. Mako scored some major points for not only breaking out of the bloodbending but shooting lightning at Amon. Also the Non benders crossed some serious lines forcing their beliefs onto children.

So Iroh was Zuko's grandchild wonder why his Daughter named her kid Iroh unless........*shudder* oh wait she's the current fire lord never mind

Well I got to see Bumi and Tenzins reaction so that was cool. Plus Iroh can fly using firebending I've always wanted to see that!

No scarand I actually was like "damn man" when he took his mask off didn't actually think it would be fake I thought he would have had a little more dedication and got a real one. You got to feel a little bad for the guy who served Amon looking up to him only to find out he was a fake. poor guy and of course Asami dang Hiroshi you're nuts

Edited on 06/23/2012 6:40pm

UnovaChampion

[19]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 19
    Honestly the bloodbending brothers concept was 10 times as compelling as some stupid forced in spirit at the last minute to make Amon some big shock. Cliche or not cliche I loved it.

And to the person suggesting Tarlokk survived and would take over the Equalists....I see stupidity still reigns supreme on this forum.

RaizenYusuke

[20]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 28

I felt sorry for Asami in terms of her father completely losing it and going as far as attacking his daughter. I did not feel sorry for her as in losing Mako. He is Korra's headache now. I am not a fan of Korra and Mako either. Part of my problem was they felt to rushed and forced for me, because this series was planned to be a mini-series and when another season was ordered the writers kept their original mini-series plan intact for the first season, despite how some parts felt rushed like Korra and Mako's romance.

Mako's bending is impressive. He was able to channel lightning even with his body being manipulated by Amon. He even resisted blood bending for a minute. Bolin and Korra have not been as impressed with. Korra has some great bad assery moments, but I still haven't felt like she has surpassed Aang in any aspect yet, despite mastering 3 elements. I agree with the user who says Bolin should refine his earth bending. Maybe Korra can go back to refine some of her skills.

Smirked at Iroh thanking Aang for watching over him. It really reminds me how close Aang and Zuko became. Zuko's grandson holds the Avatar (Aang) with the upmost respect and it has transfered over to Korra. I still feel it was a quick fix toward the end. Amon get blown away and becomes so enraged that he water bends and freaks out and leaves seeing the error of his ways? We missed a few steps. Korra will hopefully have not mastered air bending or the Avatar State at this point. I hope next season we still see Korra training, because I do not like the fact that she could master both at the end of this season. She made a breakthrough on air bending, but that does not make her a master and mastering the Avatar State after just getting intune with her spiritual side? I didn't complain when Korra was able to use 3 elements as a kid, because mastering and using 3 elements are completely different. However, mastering air and the state and becoming a fully realized Avatar like this is too easy.