We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 3: Change Discussion Thread

Kwando7

[42]Aug 22, 2014
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I have to hand it to the writing team after Vaatu ripped Raava out of Korra and destroyed her I was worried they couldn't create as much tension like that. Zaheer and his Red Lotus crew provided us with powerful villains and they did manage to make a threat that was just as big as Amon or Vaatu. Unlike with those two Zaheer's actions are long lasting. With Amon Aang came in and restored Korra's bending and gave her mastery of the Avatar State. Dark Avatar destroyed Raava, but Korra restored Raava and re-fused with her, but her connection to her past lives is seemingly gone. Now Zaheer poisoned Korra to force her into the State, threatening to end the cycle for good, while they saved Korra she's now confined to a wheel chair and very weak. It was a great season for me. The threat of Red Lotus will still exist even with Zaheer and his gang gone. 3 of them are dead, I don't think Ghazan and Mi survived at least.

It was another bittersweet ending. Korra is weak and can't do her duty for a while, but the new Air Nation is going to pick up that slack. Jinora earned her tattoos and became a master. I'm not sure it was wise to shave her whole head, because now its even more noticeable that she looks almost exactly like Aang. She beat her grandfather for fastest air bending master. Aang was 12 when he became a master, but Jinora was 10. That's sweet. Why wouldn't Katara be there to see her granddaughter's ceremonial? They didn't need to give her a speaking role. A cameo would have been nice. I'm eager for book 4.

I'd say they shaved her head for convenience to apply the tattoos. Here's hoping book 4 lets us see the new fire lord.

Unfortunately word of god states both Ghazan and Ming died, I expected ming to die but not ghazan... That sucks

Edited on 08/22/2014 9:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[43]Aug 23, 2014
    • level: 28

We've seen the other 4 nations at this point. I don't see why we wouldn't see the Fire Nation and the Fire Lord next season. We've seen everyone else's family from the original series (except for Sokka's family, but I'm not entirely sure he had kids since we didn't see them in Water Tribes), so Zuko's daughter and the rest of his family will make an appearance in the last book.

Next book I think the writers will somehow give us Katara, Zuko, and Toph appearing together in at least one episode and have them help Korra and friends fight sort of like how the grandmasters of the White Lotus appeared to help the Gaang in the final season of the original series. I'm worried about Korra after the finale. She looks so weak and why everyone insisting she'll heal I got the feeling they were just being optimistic. What if Korra is dying? The next book/season is the final one right? What if Korra dies at the end of the series and book 4 is about her last days as the Avatar before she dies?

Kwando7

[44]Aug 23, 2014

RaizenYusuke wrote:

We've seen the other 4 nations at this point. I don't see why we wouldn't see the Fire Nation and the Fire Lord next season. We've seen everyone else's family from the original series (except for Sokka's family, but I'm not entirely sure he had kids since we didn't see them in Water Tribes), so Zuko's daughter and the rest of his family will make an appearance in the last book.

Next book I think the writers will somehow give us Katara, Zuko, and Toph appearing together in at least one episode and have them help Korra and friends fight sort of like how the grandmasters of the White Lotus appeared to help the Gaang in the final season of the original series. I'm worried about Korra after the finale. She looks so weak and why everyone insisting she'll heal I got the feeling they were just being optimistic. What if Korra is dying? The next book/season is the final one right? What if Korra dies at the end of the series and book 4 is about her last days as the Avatar before she dies?

That could be interesting if the season she spend learning different bending so the next avatar would have access to them. ie lavabending and bloodbending.

jegolas1973

[45]Aug 30, 2014
    • level: 22

As we learned, Suyin has healing abilities similar to that of the waterbenders. The only difference is she uses metalbending instead of waterbending to do her healing, as we saw when she extracted the Red Lotus venom from Korra.

Kwando7

[46]Aug 30, 2014

jegolas1973 wrote:

As we learned, Suyin has healing abilities similar to that of the waterbenders. The only difference is she uses metalbending instead of waterbending to do her healing, as we saw when she extracted the Red Lotus venom from Korra.

That wasn't healing, shewas able toremove the poison because it was metal based.

NathanAllen0

[47]Oct 19, 2014
    • level: 4

TiniTinyTony wrote:
    Why is Season 3 aka Book 3 episodes listed under Season 2? Who do we contact to fix that?

Ditto