We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 3: Change Discussion Thread

SPDShadowRanger

[22]Jul 23, 2014
    • level: 72
    It's a messy issue. I've been working the staff on it for weeks now.

Books 1 and 2 are Season 1, Books 3 and 4 are Season 2.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[23]Jul 26, 2014
    • level: 28

Is there a chance that Zaheer and his crew may stick around as main villains through the 4 and final season? There is only 5 episodes left inbook 3and it feels like Zaheer's plans have finally started going into motion.We still have no idea what Zaheer's plan is, only implications that is going to big. He wanted to assassinate the president of United Republic, but put that on hold to get Korra first and hetalks about change things. These are plansfeel like their big enough to carry over into the next book and expand even more.Zaheer reminds me of Amon in that he has vision that could span more than a season. Amon was bad luck since they had no idea LoK wouldbecome a full blown series instead ofa mini-one, but they know they're going to get 13 more episodes after this season and Zaheer could benefit fromgetting more than 13 episodes.

MajLorne

[24]Jul 26, 2014
    • level: 21
    I agree, tla, there was azula and her father spanning season 2 and 3. I think the show could use a decent villan and flesh out the character(s) than to reboot and start over again. They don't have to make season 3 all wrapped up since there will be a season4. I hope there is a season 5, but i don't know if that will happen.

Kwando7

[25]Jul 27, 2014
    • level: 18

Perhaps its like those theories Zaheer is working with the Earth Queen and once she goes out, thenext season will fully belong to Zaheer. Besides I like Gazang I think he has the most personality shown after Zaheer

RaizenYusuke

[26]Aug 1, 2014

The new episode is already up on Nick.com. It was informative. We learn Zaheer's goal, the name of his group, Red Lotus, and what their ultimate goal is, throw world into chaos, which they believe is the natural order of the world. Zaheer believes in his philosophy unlike Unalaq who just wanted to be Dark Avatar and ruler of the planet. That is what makes him so dangerous to me. Earth Queen isn't working with him. Her forces captured Korra and Asami before Red Lotus could get to her. It's very intriguing to see this season develops.

Everyone is hard on Wan though lol. He didn't know who Vaatu and Raava were. He made up for his mistake by fusing with Raava and becoming the Avatar to restore balance. It's not like closing spirit portal was without reason. In Wan's time the spirits took over the earth and forced humans to live on Lion Turtles. It made sense to separate the worlds when one side was destroying the other. I don't Unalaq and Zaheer know about that or just don't care for humanity in general and feel spirits should have both worlds.

Kwando7

[27]Aug 2, 2014

RaizenYusuke wrote:

The new episode is already up on Nick.com. It was informative. We learn Zaheer's goal, the name of his group, Red Lotus, and what their ultimate goal is, throw world into chaos, which they believe is the natural order of the world. Zaheer believes in his philosophy unlike Unalaq who just wanted to be Dark Avatar and ruler of the planet. That is what makes him so dangerous to me. Earth Queen isn't working with him. Her forces captured Korra and Asami before Red Lotus could get to her. It's very intriguing to see this season develops.

Everyone is hard on Wan though lol. He didn't know who Vaatu and Raava were. He made up for his mistake by fusing with Raava and becoming the Avatar to restore balance. It's not like closing spirit portal was without reason. In Wan's time the spirits took over the earth and forced humans to live on Lion Turtles. It made sense to separate the worlds when one side was destroying the other. I don't Unalaq and Zaheer know about that or just don't care for humanity in general and feel spirits should have both worlds.

Its a good thing some people put it up elsewhere because I can't access the episodes from the website due to location. ): (

It's probably becausethe pastwasn't well recorded. I'm happy the Red Lotus thing was explained,Igot confused when sites referred to the group as the Red Lotus. I wonder if there are more members, Zaheer made it sound like a big group. I wonder if the other memberswill be the big badfor the next book.

Edited on 08/02/2014 12:19am

Kwando7

[28]Aug 7, 2014

So according to leaks

***SPOILER***

RaizenYusuke

[29]Aug 8, 2014
    Zaheer has none of the restraint the Air Nomads had. He really air bended the air out of the Earth Queen's lungs than suffocated her. That was a good episode though. Red Lotus are really dangerous. Absolute freedom sounds great, but it leads to chaos. I'm still conflicted if I want Zaheer to be defeated in this book or if I want them to carry over to the next book. It would be surprising if Korra lost in the finale mirroring how Aang was defeated in book 2 finale.

Mosk915

[30]Aug 8, 2014
    • level: 2

It was interesting that they never explicitly stated that Zaheer killed the Earth Queen even though it was heavily implied. Similar to how Jet was killed but it wasn't clear initially. Probably because it's a Nickelodeon show but I wouldn't be so surprised if it turns out she's still alive, just not in power anymore.

I think it's possible that we see more Red Lotus members in the season finale given that the title of the episode is Venom of the Red Lotus. There's not much chance that the plot will carry over to season 4 since the creators stated several years ago that unlike in ATLA, each season of LOK will have its plot and be wrapped up in the finale. My prediction is that Korra takes the Red Lotus members' bending away like Aang did to Ozai.

Kwando7

[31]Aug 10, 2014

Ghazan is still my favourite member.

I hope the Red Lotus is a larger group but I wonder what the other members are doing if there are any. I wonder where Zaheer got all of his knowledge of the airbender's I suspect that he may have been an Air acolyte which would be cool. Only two weeks til the final.

MajLorne

[32]Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah, i don't think they needed to kill the queen. It's not like she had any powers and could've been left unconscious and then pit in her own prison. On the red lotus, i wouldn't be surprised it is likely just them, the original white lotus was 5? Members and now basically soldiers filling the ranks. I hope zaheer isn't defeated at the end as he seems interesting enough to stay one more season. Vaerick was a decent twist villain last season, but hasn't done much and i dunno if that was just a throw away appearance to show he is still around or if he has another scheme planned. So they can have a villain carried over for another season as a 2nd/side plotline.

Kwando7

[33]Aug 11, 2014

MajLorne wrote:
    Yeah, i don't think they needed to kill the queen. It's not like she had any powers and could've been left unconscious and then pit in her own prison. On the red lotus, i wouldn't be surprised it is likely just them, the original white lotus was 5? Members and now basically soldiers filling the ranks. I hope zaheer isn't defeated at the end as he seems interesting enough to stay one more season. Vaerick was a decent twist villain last season, but hasn't done much and i dunno if that was just a throw away appearance to show he is still around or if he has another scheme planned. So they can have a villain carried over for another season as a 2nd/side plotline.

There were more then five original white lotus members, Iroh and such were the only ones relative to the plot... And most powerful I'm assuming.

MajLorne

[34]Aug 11, 2014
    Oh ok then. But still this red lotus thing seems like an off shoot. You could be right about more members, but i don't think the show will get i to that past this group. I mean unless next season pulls a winter soldier and the white lotus members are actually red lotus members in hiding till the right moment, then i am fine with just this core four.

Kwando7

[35]Aug 12, 2014

MajLorne wrote:
    Oh ok then. But still this red lotus thing seems like an off shoot. You could be right about more members, but i don't think the show will get i to that past this group. I mean unless next season pulls a winter soldier and the white lotus members are actually red lotus members in hiding till the right moment, then i am fine with just this core four.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_White_Lotus

There was the episode where Iroh ran into a random member. If the Order was only focussed around those few people he would have recognised Iroh immediately... not to say he could have and the game was merely a sign of things to come...

Kwando7

[36]Aug 15, 2014

Latest episode 0.0 still shaking

Cannot wait for next weeks episodes

Edited on 08/15/2014 10:26am

RaizenYusuke

[37]Aug 15, 2014

It is a good setup for the finale episodes next week. Iroh was unexpected. I liked to see him give Korra some guidance again, but it does make me feel sad we won't see Aang guide Korra like Roku did for him. The battle at Air Temple was intense. Kataang kids did a lot better than everyone else did against the Red Lotus. Special mention to Tenzin who at one point fought all 4 at once and held his own before they finally overwhelmed him. Zaheer is talented, but even he couldn't take down air bending master. It was good to show Zaheer have problems, so he is not overpowered.

I can't wait to see the Red Lotus and Team Avatar rematch. Having Korra fight with them could make a difference. I don't know how powerful the Avatar State is going to be. Raava was destroyed and resurrected faster than she normally way, so her power might be a lot weaker than before. With all the other Avatars inaccessible as well the State might be a lot weaker to the point where it won't be game breaker anymore,which is good since it gives the Red Lotus a chance to win this.

Kwando7

[38]Aug 21, 2014

I wonder how long Iroh has been in the spirit world if Zuko didn't know he was there I'm guessing Iroh probably lasted longer then Aang

RaizenYusuke

[39]Aug 21, 2014

Kwando7 wrote:

I wonder how long Iroh has been in the spirit world if Zuko didn't know he was there I'm guessing Iroh probably lasted longer then Aang

Bumi, Tenzin, and Kya recognized him, so we know he was alive to at least meet them. I'm not sure if he outlived Aang though. He was old when the gang was kids. Not everyone in the Avatar world lives ridiculously long lifespan. I wouldn't be surprised if Aang just never encountered him in the Spirit World or if he didn't visit there often. He only visited when he had jobs to do there.

Kwando7

[40]Aug 22, 2014

Final was awesome Laughing
    ***SPOILER***

RaizenYusuke

[41]Aug 22, 2014

I have to hand it to the writing team after Vaatu ripped Raava out of Korra and destroyed her I was worried they couldn't create as much tension like that. Zaheer and his Red Lotus crew provided us with powerful villains and they did manage to make a threat that was just as big as Amon or Vaatu. Unlike with those two Zaheer's actions are long lasting. With Amon Aang came in and restored Korra's bending and gave her mastery of the Avatar State. Dark Avatar destroyed Raava, but Korra restored Raava and re-fused with her, but her connection to her past lives is seemingly gone. Now Zaheer poisoned Korra to force her into the State, threatening to end the cycle for good, while they saved Korra she's now confined to a wheel chair and very weak. It was a great season for me. The threat of Red Lotus will still exist even with Zaheer and his gang gone. 3 of them are dead, I don't think Ghazan and Mi survived at least.

It was another bittersweet ending. Korra is weak and can't do her duty for a while, but the new Air Nation is going to pick up that slack. Jinora earned her tattoos and became a master. I'm not sure it was wise to shave her whole head, because now its even more noticeable that she looks almost exactly like Aang. She beat her grandfather for fastest air bending master. Aang was 12 when he became a master, but Jinora was 10. That's sweet. Why wouldn't Katara be there to see her granddaughter's ceremonial? They didn't need to give her a speaking role. A cameo would have been nice. I'm eager for book 4.