We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Ep 10. Turning the Tides Discussion *spoliers*

qtwanderer

[41]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 27
    I never noticed what he did with his other hand after he touched their head. It looks like he is touching her back but that might be just the angle of the pic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[42]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 14
    Yep it's Offical Amon is just blocking charkas. I was wrong, the earth bending charka is blocked fear is dealt on survival. So it's not permant, weird!

RaizenYusuke

[43]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 28
    I wouldn't say it is offical yet. The chakra points have something to do with it, but I think it is more than just blocking them. Benders can bend with thei chakra blocked. Aang's were all blocked until he started training to unblock them, which suggests a lot of benders have them blocked wthout knowing it, and he could still bend.

Kwando7

[44]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I wouldn't say it is offical yet. The chakra points have something to do with it, but I think it is more than just blocking them. Benders can bend with thei chakra blocked. Aang's were all blocked until he started training to unblock them, which suggests a lot of benders have them blocked wthout knowing it, and he could still bend.

You've said the exact same thing on the other thread

Maybe they weren't blocked but closed and his training with the guru opened them up then he got hit with the lightning and it blockedone of his charas so he was unable to enter the avatar state. So Amon is just forcing a blockage in their chakra to prevent bending..That sounds dangerous somehow

Nerdnot

[45]Jun 18, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

You've said the exact same thing on the other thread

Maybe they weren't blocked but closed and his training with the guru opened them up then he got hit with the lightning and it blockedone of his charas so he was unable to enter the avatar state. So Amon is just forcing a blockage in their chakra to prevent bending..That sounds dangerous somehow

Quote from the Avatar wiki here. Guru Pathik congratulated Aang, and told him the first chakra had been opened. So they werent blocked just closed.

RaizenYusuke

[46]Jun 18, 2012
    Like he is using chi to block the energy flow? I could get behind that idea. I am still hoping Amon is a new type of bender, like chi bending.

qtwanderer

[47]Jun 18, 2012
    qtwanderer wrote:
    ^I personally think he severs their connection with...spirits ...I said it >_>
    I'm just going to back this one, cause this user sounds like they know about stuff >.>...

Chakras closed or blocked wouldn't stop a someone from bending, as Raizen said, Aang was bending really well without knowing about them.

The Chakra wheels are just a means to getting to the Avatar State without the having to be in distress or emotional triggers. Like meditating is to get some spirity-action going...or so I thought...

readapost

[48]Jun 18, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Yep it's Offical Amon is just blocking charkas. I was wrong, the earth bending charka is blocked fear is dealt on survival. So it's not permant, weird!
    That's what I was getting at. As too what Qtwanderer is saying I agree, but even when just when the last chakra was blocked Aang seemed to do better bending. So with this theory in place could it be you make bending more powerful? Remember this just a theory.

RaizenYusuke

[49]Jun 18, 2012

I am not against the idea of Amon using the chakras in his taking away bending. I just think there is more to it than just blocking them. Chakras are closed or blocked it should still stop cosmic energy or whatever from flowing through. Most benders probably have them closed unless they actively train to open them, since it is a spiritual practice. Amon could be using a type of bending to disrupt spiritual energy or chi in a bender using the chakras to cancel out bending. I don't know.

edmasterchaos

[50]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 41

qtwanderer wrote:
    I never noticed what he did with his other hand after he touched their head. It looks like he is touching her back but that might be just the angle of the pic.
    He has actually done that in pretty much every single de-bending he's done. Bar that time with Tahno, but we didn't see the whole thing back then.

Anyway, we can all agree that Mako is almost as bad as Amon, right? Because **** that guy.

readapost

[51]Jun 18, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

qtwanderer wrote:
    He has actually done that in pretty much every single de-bending he's done. Bar that time with Tahno, but we didn't see the whole thing back then.

Anyway, we can all agree that Mako is almost as bad as Amon, right? Because **** that guy.

Yup Mako is a player and not even the good kind.

qtwanderer

[52]Jun 18, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    And all this time I thought he was copping feels with that free hand..

Lin doesn't need metal bending to still use her whips right, she can still be Spider Lin?

RaizenYusuke

[53]Jun 18, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

qtwanderer wrote:

He is f#cking up. Asami and Korra were bonding too.

Nerdnot

[54]Jun 18, 2012
    qtwanderer wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    And all this time I thought he was copping feels with that free hand..

Lin doesn't need metal bending to still use her whips right, she can still be Spider Lin?
    Sadly no, she is no longer spider Lin, she will be once she gets back her bending.

Kwando7

[55]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 18

Nerdnot wrote:
    qtwanderer wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    And all this time I thought he was copping feels with that free hand.. Lin doesn't need metal bending to still use her whips right, she can still be Spider Lin?
    Sadly no, she is no longer spider Lin, she will be once she gets back her bending.

Notif Lin creates a spring loaded cable firer she will still be able to hold the title of Spider Lin. Just like the original Spiderman

readapost

[56]Jun 19, 2012

Ok Iroh two or Iroh Jr is Zuko's grandson, not Zuko's son. It just was confirmed. The hobo seems like he is gonna return and Mako and Korra get lovely dovely.

Edited on 06/19/2012 8:25am

AllieAllie

[58]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 22

It was? Where was this confirmed?

Nerdnot

[59]Jun 19, 2012
    AllieAllie wrote:

readapost

[60]Jun 19, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

No Here http://fullmetalavatar.tumblr.com/post/25375680803/official-iroh