We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Ep 10. Turning the Tides Discussion *spoliers*

qtwanderer

[61]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 27
    Avatar Wiki is not a legit source, cause it is a wiki. Though I'm sure 99.9% of the info on it is accurate. Avatar fans have a nact for making sure that wiki stays accurate. I believe you Readapost (because I was thinking that was his grandson anyways ), but who is that person and why should what they say matter? ..I am somewhat confused
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

readapost

[62]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 14
    qtwanderer wrote:
    Avatar Wiki is not a legit source, cause it is a wiki. Though I'm sure 99.9% of the info on it is accurate. Avatar fans have a nact for making sure that wiki stays accurate. I believe you Readapost (because I was thinking that was his grandson anyways ), but who is that person and why should what they say matter? ..I am somewhat confused
    I didn't get from Avatar wiki. (as you see the link.) I make sure info is legit. I would not joke or lie about intel I know your as much fans as me and, if I'm wrong I'll admit it.

AllieAllie

[63]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 22

Here's an interview with the creators that confirms the same thing.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/06/19/the-legend-of-korra-creators-preview-the-finale/

readapost

[64]Jun 19, 2012

AllieAllie wrote:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/06/19/the-legend-of-korra-creators-preview-the-finale/

Thank you AllieAllie I'm glad you found this. So if there is hope for a book three, does that mean that book two will be open ended?

Edited on 06/19/2012 4:14pm

Nerdnot

[65]Jun 19, 2012
    readapost wrote:

AllieAllie wrote:

Thank you AllieAllie I'm glad you found this. So if there is hope for a book three, does that mean that book two will be open ended?

It could if Nick wants a season 3!

qtwanderer

[66]Jun 19, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    I didn't get from Avatar wiki. (as you see the link.) I make sure info is legit. I would not joke or lie about intel I know your as much fans as me and, if I'm wrong I'll admit it.
    That part was directed at Nerdnot, sorry I probably should've quoted to avoid confusion. The part towards you: I was just wondering why/who that person is(twitter), the person in the link was talking about. Was that a producer/creator/writer's twitter account?

Not cause I doubt your sources. I never doubted you for a second Your record for accurate information is remembered from your "manga discussion" days.

And Zuko has grandkids...he probably looks like Azulon

readapost

[67]Jun 19, 2012
    qtwanderer wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    That part was directed at Nerdnot, sorry I probably should've quoted to avoid confusion. The part towards you: I was just wondering why/who that person is(twitter), the person in the link was talking about. Was that a producer/creator/writer's twitter account?

Not cause I doubt your sources. I never doubted you for a second Your record for accurate information is remembered from your "manga discussion" days.

And Zuko has grandkids...he probably looks like Azulon
    Oh I feel stupid, thanks for not doubting. Yeah I looked into it and it really seemed like that guy was on par for legit intel... Yeah I'm very trusting.

RaizenYusuke

[68]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 28

Iroh is Zuko's grandson and if Korra does good Nick may order a 3rd season. This all good to know. I am curious to see where they will go since the Amon story is supposed to wrap up this season. I like the idea of the a Spirit threat for a change. The Avatar world is becoming more industrial and modernized it is probably upsetting nature, which could displease the spirits.

readapost

[69]Jun 19, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Iroh is Zuko's grandson and if Korra does good Nick may order a 3rd season. This all good to know. I am curious to see where they will go since the Amon story is supposed to wrap up this season. I like the idea of the a Spirit threat for a change. The Avatar world is becoming more industrial and modernized it is probably upsetting nature, which could displease the spirits.

Like a giant spirit monster coming to kill everything?

Nerdnot

[70]Jun 19, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

That's a great idea! Hei Bi would probably in at least one of the episodes!

RaizenYusuke

[71]Jun 19, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I would think a spirit enemy would be more than just a giant monster that is going to kill everyone. We have seen how intelligent some fo them are and how they can take human form if they chose.

qtwanderer

[72]Jun 19, 2012
    I can see that happening Raizen, kinda like the Painted Lady but instead, spirits start attacking the nations. It is the Avatars job to keep balance and they are the link between the worlds. It would be a very interesting story to follow through...

Kwando7

[73]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I would think a spirit enemy would be more than just a giant monster that is going to kill everyone. We have seen how intelligent some fo them are and how they can take human form if they chose.

That would be creepy season three republic city is attacked and the one responsible looks like Aang as everyone is trying to figure stuff out Tenzin starts attacking people and takes out the group before Korra arrives and sorta fights abit then Tenzin's morphs into Mako and makes fun of Korra telling her it was only a messenger and the real badguys are much stronger. it would be one really messed up invasion of the body snatches

readapost

[74]Jun 20, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

That would be creepy season three republic city is attacked and the one responsible looks like Aang as everyone is trying to figure stuff out Tenzin starts attacking people and takes out the group before Korra arrives and sorta fights abit then Tenzin's morphs into Mako and makes fun of Korra telling her it was only a messenger and the real badguys are much stronger. it would be one really messed up invasion of the body snatches

I was thinking more of the lines of Korra turning into Aang. Like the episodes where Aang morphed into Roku and Kyoshi.

RaizenYusuke

[75]Jun 21, 2012
    I would absoutle love if Korra was in tight situation beyond her ability to get out of and she enters the State and channels Aang and we see him do some crazy air bending like in the original series when Aang became Roku and did awesome fire bending.

yutg25

[76]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 5

KamiHarris wrote:
    When i heard it i said "That's Zuko" :p Poor Lin

My brother and I said the same thing too. General Iroh sounds like what Zuko will name his kid. He does seem young to be Zuko's kid. He also seems young to be a general Maybe he's some sort of firebending genius. I am sorry about Lin but maybe General Iroh will get a bigger part in the next book maybe new chief to guard Republic City.

yutg25

[77]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 5

KamiHarris wrote:

My brother and I said the same thing too. General Iroh sounds like what Zuko will name his kid. He does seem young to be Zuko's kid. He also seems young to be a general Maybe he's some sort of firebending genius. I am sorry about Lin but maybe General Iroh will get a bigger part in the next book maybe new chief to guard Republic City.

AllieAllie

[78]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 22

yutg25 wrote:

KamiHarris wrote:

He's actually his grandson, its been confirmed.

MajLorne

[79]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 21

qtwanderer wrote:
    The White Lotus Order...or whatever their name is. Though I would have expected them to be a bit tougher, I guess they did their job well though holding off some of the equalists and all. Air is a tough element, hands down. I see now how the Fire Nation had to wait for the comet to exterminate them. Tenzin was ridiculous with skills and his kids weren't too bad either. Lin was good, hate the fact that she always gets tased and thats the end of her fights. Did Mako redirect electricity? Thats..interesting.
    I don't think the fire nation waited to wipe out the entire air nation race because they were tough. I mean there would be some master airbenders, but it would be the same had the fire nation tried to take on any of the other nations. I thought it was just more of a convenience they had such power to totally dominate another nation.

Yes it was, nice to see a very good fire bender in the show. He's like Azula level good without the sociopathic (well ok outright evil outlook on life ). Lol at the comments here about how badly Mako treated Asami. But can it really be a surprise? She crashed into him and showered him with a luxurious lifestyle, who can say no to that? I doubted that relationship was bound to last. He seems more like the 'take care of the helpless damsel' type guy than some 'player'.

Edited on 07/01/2012 1:38pm

Kwando7

[80]Jul 4, 2012
    • level: 18

MajLorne wrote:

qtwanderer wrote:
    The White Lotus Order...or whatever their name is. Though I would have expected them to be a bit tougher, I guess they did their job well though holding off some of the equalists and all. Air is a tough element, hands down. I see now how the Fire Nation had to wait for the comet to exterminate them. Tenzin was ridiculous with skills and his kids weren't too bad either. Lin was good, hate the fact that she always gets tased and thats the end of her fights. Did Mako redirect electricity? Thats..interesting.
    I don't think the fire nation waited to wipe out the entire air nation race because they were tough. I mean there would be some master airbenders, but it would be the same had the fire nation tried to take on any of the other nations. I thought it was just more of a convenience they had such power to totally dominate another nation.

Yes it was, nice to see a very good fire bender in the show. He's like Azula level good without the sociopathic (well ok outright evil outlook on life ). Lol at the comments here about how badly Mako treated Asami. But can it really be a surprise? She crashed into him and showered him with a luxurious lifestyle, who can say no to that? I doubted that relationship was bound to last. He seems more like the 'take care of the helpless damsel' type guy than some 'player'.

Didn't the fire nation go after the airbenders because thats where Aang was going to be born. And they were powered by Sozin's comet?