We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Ep 10. Turning the Tides Discussion *spoliers*

RaizenYusuke

[21]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 28
    AllieAllie wrote:

Its more likely that Iroh is Zuko's grandson, he looks to be in his 20s and too young to be Zuko's son.

Iroh II could have been born late in Zuko's life. Case in point Azulon was very old and the age difference between Iroh I and Ozai looked signifcant, but the age difference between Ozai and his dad was pretty big.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zega190

[22]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 9

Well being generous lets assume Iroh II is about 30. So that would mean he was born about 40 years after they defeated Ozai. This would put Zuko at approximately 57 years old when Iroh II was born. I don't think that is impossible, while at the same time I don't really think it is all that likely that Iroh II would be born that late in Zuko's life. So personally I'm leaning a bit towards it being Zuko's grandson.

Kwando7

[23]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 18

zega190 wrote:

Well being generous lets assume Iroh II is about 30. So that would mean he was born about 40 years after they defeated Ozai. This would put Zuko at approximately 57 years old when Iroh II was born. I don't think that is impossible, while at the same time I don't really think it is all that likely that Iroh II would be born that late in Zuko's life. So personally I'm leaning a bit towards it being Zuko's grandson.

but at the same time, unless Irohwas heavily involved in Zuko's daughters life why would she name her son Iroh? Another case of waiting for next week to get answers

kdrkickin

[24]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 4

You have to think that their bending is not taken away permanently. I like the way the kids were able to take out those attackers. Classic.

qtwanderer

[25]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 27
    ^I personally think he severs their connection with...spirits ...I said it >_>

Pulch23

[26]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 7

That's awesome.

RaizenYusuke

[27]Jun 17, 2012
    I have question. Are Tenzin's siblings still alive? I was thinking maybe they would come as backup to help take back Republic City. It would be kind of cool of Tenzin arrived with his sister and brother and the 3 of them just started kicking ass.

Kwando7

[28]Jun 17, 2012

Pulch23 wrote:

That's awesome.

Blew my mind, so Amon hasn't really removed their bending? it's aplacebo effect?

I really hope so I want to see Bumi so I can get that naging feeling ofBumi being Amon out of my head. Plus he would be able to give a nice non-benders and benders living together speech.

Edited on 06/17/2012 8:53pm

RaizenYusuke

[29]Jun 17, 2012
    Someone who agrees with me?! I really want to see those three in action together. Katara said they were crazy when they were kids, it would be fun to see if it in their fighting styles. I can see Bumi being crazy 50 or 60 year old with swords with air bending evasion tatics and using push and pull water style to kick ass with a pinch of foolishness and brashness. You know something that would make new Team Avatar's mouths drop and Tenzin say, "That is my brother."

AshleeReign

[30]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 5

Great lead up to next week's one-hour finale.

When I heard Zuko's voice I got so very happy. I'm thinking it's his grandson since he looked so young, but then again he is a General.

I'm wondering if we're going to find out who Amon is, or if they are going to continue thisvillainon to the next book.

Kwando7

[31]Jun 18, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Someone who agrees with me?! I really want to see those three in action together. Katara said they were crazy when they were kids, it would be fun to see if it in their fighting styles. I can see Bumi being crazy 50 or 60 year old with swords with air bending evasion tatics and using push and pull water style to kick ass with a pinch of foolishness and brashness. You know something that would make new Team Avatar's mouths drop and Tenzin say, "That is my brother."

I've agreed with you many a time. I could picture Tenzin doing that except with a facepalm or Bumi mentions the equalists don't lock up their toys and uses one of the electro gloves.

Did anyone notice that the informer said they got a line from the avatar telling them about republic city? how did korra send a message through?

Edited on 06/18/2012 5:06am
    Edited 2 total times.

AllieAllie

[32]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 22

AshleeReign wrote:

Great lead up to next week's one-hour finale.

When I heard Zuko's voice I got so very happy. I'm thinking it's his grandson since he looked so young, but then again he is a General.

I'm wondering if we're going to find out who Amon is, or if they are going to continue thisvillainon to the next book.

Nope, the creators have said that the Amon styory arc will end this season.

AllieAllie

[33]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 22

Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I've agreed with you many a time. I could picture Tenzin doing that except with a facepalm or Bumi mentions the equalists don't lock up their toys and uses one of the electro gloves.

Did anyone notice that the informer said they got a line from the avatar telling them about republic city? how did korra send a message through?

Tenzin said before that scene that they had already sent a message to the United Forces about Republic City. Maybe Korra didn't send it specifically but they sent it on behalf of her?

readapost

[34]Jun 18, 2012
    • level: 14
    Kwando7 wrote:

Pulch23 wrote:

That's awesome.

Blew my mind, so Amon hasn't really removed their bending? it's aplacebo effect?

I really hope so I want to see Bumi so I can get that naging feeling ofBumi being Amon out of my head. Plus he would be able to give a nice non-benders and benders living together speech.

Hmm. I just noticed, one of Amon's are on the forehead. Where is the other one? It looks like he's touching her back.. Blocking the Earth Chakra?

Nerdnot

[38]Jun 18, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Pulch23 wrote:

That's awesome.

Hmm. I just noticed, one of Amon's are on the forehead. Where is the other one? It looks like he's touching her back.. Blocking the Earth Chakra?
    It's the lie chakra! Woot! Looks like I was right!

readapost

[39]Jun 18, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Pulch23 wrote:

That's awesome.

It's the lie chakra(throat) woot looks like i was right!.
    But his hand is not on her throat. I'm just saying it would make more sense for it to be her earth chakra.

Nerdnot

[40]Jun 18, 2012

readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Pulch23 wrote:

That's awesome.

It's the lie chakra(throat) woot looks like i was right!.
    But his hand is not on her throat. I'm just saying it would make more sense for it to be her earth chakra.
    well it's the earth one at the BASE of the spine? (oops, I thought the base of the spine was the lower back. I'm can be so dumb sometimes...

Edited on 06/18/2012 2:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.