We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Ep 10. Turning the Tides Discussion *spoliers*

mrnintendowii

[1]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 5

Did anyone else not go crazy when they heard Zuko's voice at the end? is that not his son? im pretty sure it is. Also, i have a weird feeling that amon didnt successfully take away Chief Befongs bending away or itll somehow come back to her.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KamiHarris

[2]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 1
    When i heard it i said "That's Zuko" :p

Poor Lin

Terragrl

[3]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 3

Chief Beifong! Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

readapost

[4]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 14
    mrnintendowii wrote:

Did anyone else not go crazy when they heard Zuko's voice at the end? is that not his son? im pretty sure it is. Also, i have a weird feeling that amon didnt successfully take away Chief Befongs bending away or itll somehow come back to her.

He looks too young to be Zuko's son. Maybe his daughter's son.

whohasthecheese

[5]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 1

It's definitely Zuko's grandson. Aang's youngest kid is Tenzin, who's in his 50s - and this guy is definitely not that old

shadowscott

[6]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    KamiHarris wrote:

Poor Lin

I said the same thing to myself. I was like, wait, he's too young to be Zuko.

readapost wrote:
    mrnintendowii wrote:

He looks too young to be Zuko's son. Maybe his daughter's son.

It might actually be his son. If Zuko is 87 he could have had a son late just like Tenzin. I'm banking on Iroh being his son, just because if Iroh was his grandson, he would be really young. Dante Basco said that he would be voicing a character who is "close to Zuko". We all thought Zuko would make a reappearance but it seems that he is now voicing his son, General Iroh (gotta love the creators for that one).

Terragrl wrote:

Chief Beifong! Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

I can't believe Lin's bending is gone. Tenzin looked super upset when she went to rip up the airships. You gotta admit that it was pretty badass of her to take out those airships. But I can't believe she was captured. I was actually sad at that point, and now I'm completely terrified for the future. It seems that Republic City has fallen, but hopefully General Iroh's forces can help 'turn the tides' and bring down these Equalists.

Zetsuei_8823

[7]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 24
    I was waiting for someone to pop up and save Lin from having her bending taken away. I didn't think they'd actually do it. It truly is awful that Toph's legacy is pretty much gone. I am, however, looking forward to seeing, or more-so hearing, "Zuko" help the Avatar. I'm quite excited for next week~

Might anyone have any idea when Book 2 will start airing? Will it smoothly follow after Book 1 is over, or will there be a gap?

RaizenYusuke

[8]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 28
    I was also thinking Zuko's son, but the voice got me for a minute I was thinking that can't be Zuko he is so young looking. Until the guy said General Iroh made me realize it was probably his son. Amon made a bold move an took Republic City. He basically just declared war on he world and attacking the family of the last Avatar who saved the world from Ozai's genocide even bolder. It is nice to see Korra use water bending more. Thankflly there was a lot of water around for her to use. Mako can't really be surprised. He didn't tell Asami he kissed Korra, but the way he has been acting it is clear to everyone he has romantic feelings for her as well. Lin actually got her bending taken away. This series is full of surprises. Can't wait to see the finale next week.

_Amibrosia

[9]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 5
    KamiHarris wrote:

Poor Lin

Yeah, that's Zuko without his scar

readapost

[10]Jun 16, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I was also thinking Zuko's son, but the voice got me for a minute I was thinking that can't be Zuko he is so young looking. Until the guy said General Iroh made me realize it was probably his son. Amon made a bold move an took Republic City. He basically just declared war on he world and attacking the family of the last Avatar who saved the world from Ozai's genocide even bolder. It is nice to see Korra use water bending more. Thankflly there was a lot of water around for her to use. Mako can't really be surprised. He didn't tell Asami he kissed Korra, but the way he has been acting it is clear to everyone he has romantic feelings for her as well. Lin actually got her bending taken away. This series is full of surprises. Can't wait to see the finale next week.
    Yeah, they are not pulling punches. Santa Claus is here and he's dropping presents early.

Kwando7

[11]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 18

Well on the bright side Tenzin's kids are going to be ok... all thanks to Lin

so the next kids named Rolin? and it looks like the mecha tanks aren't more then a challenge now, Mako took down one by himself. who knew there were other benders on Air temple island.

irohbender

[12]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 2

New kid's name is Rohan I think

qtwanderer

[13]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 27
    The White Lotus Order...or whatever their name is. Though I would have expected them to be a bit tougher, I guess they did their job well though holding off some of the equalists and all.

Air is a tough element, hands down. I see now how the Fire Nation had to wait for the comet to exterminate them. Tenzin was ridiculous with skills and his kids weren't too bad either. Lin was good, hate the fact that she always gets tased and thats the end of her fights. Did Mako redirect electricity? Thats..interesting.

MadameTamma

[14]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 7
    irohbender wrote:

Why is that? I mean it's not a bad name by any stretch but why Rohan? Is it a traditional air nomad name? Does it mean something? Is it referencing anything? I'm probably just reading too much into it.

Nerdnot

[15]Jun 16, 2012
    MadameTamma wrote:
    irohbender wrote:

Why is that? I mean it's not a bad name by any stretch but why Rohan? Is it a traditional air nomad name? Does it mean something? Is it referencing anything? I'm probably just reading too much into it.
    According to the avatar wiki it means ascending.

Nerdnot

[16]Jun 16, 2012
    What a episode! Can't wait till the Finale. LOVED the part when it was releaved that Zuko named his son after Iroh!!!

spongegirl1029

[17]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 16

Great episodeSmileWonder if that was Zukos son at the end

MadameTamma

[18]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 7
    Iroh could possibly be his Grandson if both Zuko and his kid had their children at a young age. 70 years have gone by and Iroh looks to be about 33, 34, whatever. I've learned that in anime especially you can't trust the age that you see, however i could possibly see him as a son too. Zuko probably had a few kids and Iroh could be his youngest. Think about it. Tenzin looks like he's in his late forties and he just got a new kid this episode. It could be either.

AllieAllie

[19]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 22

Its more likely that Iroh is Zuko's grandson, he looks to be in his 20s and too young to be Zuko's son.

PNest

[20]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 10

Iroh II may be zukos son. you never know. adults CAN have a son at an old age be 20/30 something. if not then its his grandson. either way. ANYONE zuko related is frickin bad ass.

loved the episde! but it was soo sad also! lins bemnding is gone but im sure something will happen. shes the one character that HAS to keep her bending (tophs legacy) either way like i said amazing episode. cant wait for season 1 to end!