We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Book 3 Pre-Season Discussion

SPDShadowRanger

[1]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 72

Today it was announced that Book 3 will be called "Change" and will focus on Korra trying to keep balance in the world following her decision to keep the spirit portals open at the end of Book 2. No airdate has been revealed, but Michael and Bryan have said that the wait will be far less than the wait for Book 2. Episodes 1-4 are already in post-production.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kwando7

[2]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 18

Would have preferred it being called Energy but what are you going to do. The day I believe a person's word on when something will be released is the day I win lottery

Here's hoping we see more of the new world and how it has developed

RaizenYusuke

[3]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 28
    I like this title. It suggests that next book will be focusing on the new era and how humans and spirits learn to co-exist.

MajLorne

[4]Nov 22, 2013
    • level: 21
    Well we know spirits can possess people. I just hope team avatar doesn't become a sort of ghostbusters or exorcismg group would be nice if: we have a villain that wasn't black or white (shady or twisted is preferred over outright evil); asami is not just an extra and can do more than just be the flying ace. Even suki got to do something and she had no powers and just stop the love triangle either make asami and mako a couple or drop it (i also hope they just drop the mako and korra shipper too); they need to visit the fire nation... That's all i can think of now.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Nov 23, 2013

Would Mako and Asami still be together in book 3? She was obviously the rebound girl after his breakup with Korra and she was upset at how he waited a long time to actually tell Korra that they were broken up. Combine that with how they broke up the first timebecause of Mako's feelings for Korra it might be the end of their relationship.

Ihave a feeling we'll see Korra interacting with all 5 nations more now to build a new human and spirit society. This is potentially like when Aangand Zuko worked with the other nations to build the United Republic. If I'm right we could not only see the Fire Nation, but the Earth Kingdom as well. We haven't had a earth bender villain in a while. Maybe the Dai Lee survived and transformed into its own underground group.You know what I would love, but it almost impossible to have is a air bender villain. That would be unexpected. Man if Bumi and Kya had a kidthey thought was dead resurfaced as a villain I wouldlove it just to see a air bender antagonist.

Kwando7

[6]Nov 23, 2013

If Avatar had a third series I'd say they'd have an evil airbender for that. Doubt Asami would go back to Mako. Interested in seeing if Bolin gets paired up with someone.

Really want to see Zuko's Daughter as the Fire Lord

yoyorey2025

[7]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 8

Like I said, I want to see more from what zuko and his daughter was like, korra was determined to go see the firelord in book 2 to ask for help between the two water tribes, that switched when she lost her memory.. and decided to go back

teenj12

[8]Nov 28, 2013
    • level: 26
    I hope Book 3 is good. I wonder what the main mission or big baddie will be this time.

jegolas1973

[9]Nov 29, 2013
    • level: 22

I'm thinking Korra learns energy control and energy bending in Book 3.

RaizenYusuke

[10]Nov 29, 2013
    Korra knows how to bend energy already. Aang taught to her so she could restore people's bending.

jegolas1973

[11]Nov 30, 2013
    • level: 22

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Korra knows how to bend energy already. Aang taught to her so she could restore people's bending.
    You're absolutely right about the energybending thing. At first I heard that Book 3 would be titled "ENERGY" but now I know it's "CHANGE."

Kwando7

[12]Dec 1, 2013

jegolas1973 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    You're absolutely right about the energybending thing. At first I heard that Book 3 would be titled "ENERGY" but now I know it's "CHANGE."

There could be more abilities to do with energy bending that the avatars are yet to learn, perhaps giving bending to non benders?

SPDShadowRanger

[13]Dec 1, 2013
    • level: 72
    Well that's basically confirmed since the Lion Turtles did that.

Kwando7

[14]Dec 2, 2013

SPDShadowRanger wrote:

I meant that we don't know if the avatar is able to give bending to non benders yet (we don't know if there is a significance between the two). It might be different then restoring bending or when a lion turtle gives bending.

Edited on 12/02/2013 5:53am

Mosk915

[15]Dec 2, 2013
    • level: 2

That would be an interesting plot line. Even if it were possible, Korra would still have to decide if the avatar should use that power or if bending should be given to people only naturally.

RaizenYusuke

[16]Dec 2, 2013
    Kwando7 wrote:

SPDShadowRanger wrote:

I meant that we don't know if the avatar is able to give bending to non benders yet (we don't know if there is a significance between the two). It might be different then restoring bending or when a lion turtle gives bending.

That's true. It could go either way. The Lion Turtles gave people elements in the past originally, but at the same time Aang never used energy bending to give the air acolytes air bending. It's also possible that Aang never mastered energy bending to the point of giving elements to people, which could be cool if Korra learned how to do it. It would be cool storyline and give the Avatar yet another responsibility of being life boat for bending, so if another nation commits genocide to another one the Avatar could revive a lost bending art.

Mosk915

[17]Dec 3, 2013
    • level: 2

Now that the avatar is no longer the bridge between the spirit world and the physical world, the responsibility of being able to give bending to non-benders would make up for that lost responsibility.

I would be interested to see how that would work though since there was a different lion turtle that gave the bending power of each element. The avatar would have to be able to choose which element to give. When Korra restored everyone's bending at the end of season 1, she was only restoring the element they already had, she didn't have to choose which one. If it is possible, my guess would be that the ability would be another technique that is a part of energy bending. No avatar before Aang, or any human for that matter, had the power to bend energy until Aang received the power from the lion turtle. The power gave him the ability to take away someone's bending and at some point he may have learned how to restore it. Korra has the ability to energy bend since she is the reincarnation of Aang. She just may have to learn the new technique just as any other bender would have to learn the techniques associated with their elements.

If the avatar did have that power, it would also mean that other people could be given the ability to bend more than one element. That might be too much power, even for the avatar to have.

I hope we get some information on season 3 soon so we know if energy bending is part of it or not. It would be cool to see but I don't want to get excited for it if it may not even happen.

Fourarms10

[18]Dec 10, 2013
    • level: 24
    Even if Korra did give all four elements to a person, they still wouldn't be as powerful as she is as they have no Avatar State. I was honestly hoping that Unalaq's "Dark Avatar" plan stayed. If they found a way to give him all four elements, then he'd definitely be the Avatar's true arch-nemesis.

RaizenYusuke

[19]Dec 10, 2013

I don't think we would have worry about more people being given more than one element if Korra ever learns to give elements to people. Wan could only hold one element at time until Raava permanently fused with him. I think without a great spirit like Raava or Vaatu and harmonic convergences energy to make the bond permanent for a bender to get a new element they would have to trade their old one in.

Kwando7

[20]Dec 11, 2013

It would be interesting if it were possible for one person to be able to bend 2 elements at a time could see some interesting things