We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Zuko spin off show?

Sektos

[41]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 10
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    Only prob with a Zuko spin off; which IMO would have to be set after ATLA but could have flash backs, is Zuko is the FIRELORD. He cant leave his country whilst its still only coming to grips with the end of a hundred year war and new government. Even if it wasnt, unless Iroh came back to take charge whilst ZUko away, Zuko has too much responisibility as Firelord. PLUS they got ZUko back with Mai. Why does that matter?- because Zuko would have same (or non if Mai stayed behind) love interest the entire time, and thou Mai improved greatly, i wouldnt want to see more of her and i cant see her having any more developement apart from regressing and progressing to same spot over and over.

IF they did a spin off (IMO) it would have to couple of years later so reasonably believable that he would have ability to leave, and/or another crisis he must face for span of the series. It cant be simply Zuko searching for mum even if it was only 10 ep miniseries. Most likely some form of FN revolt from those who dont accept the peace, with new villian for most part. Cameos of Ozai and Azula would be cool and we could get some closure on Azula finding her own peace and redemption by helping Zuko.
    About Mai, the only realtionship forshadowed to end in marriage is Kataang, so Zuko's still up for enternal grabs. They just have to bump Mai away somehow. i was thinking something along the lines of her running off w/ a bass player for an emo-band...

HAHAHA if only Gilvatar ! *sigh* if only.....
    Seriously Zuko needs someone like toph who's full of life, adventurous and can be comical, and same time hold her own against any one. I see it kinda like Farah and Prince in Prince of Persia (loved that game ) start off as aggressive/antagonistic to one enough (not violent) and developes into a reliance and fondness, and then love for that person.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Carmykins

[42]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    Phantomair wrote:
    I think that a spinoff with Zuko would be awesome. I would also like one that explores more of the past of each character, I think that would be awesome to.

We'll have a whole episode of Aang sitting in a block of ice! Haha!

Carmykins

[43]Nov 12, 2008
    Phantomair wrote:
    I think that a spinoff with Zuko would be awesome. I would also like one that explores more of the past of each character, I think that would be awesome to.

Haha, there'll be a whole episode of Aang sitting in a ice block!

gilvatar

[44]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 17
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    Only prob with a Zuko spin off; which IMO would have to be set after ATLA but could have flash backs, is Zuko is the FIRELORD. He cant leave his country whilst its still only coming to grips with the end of a hundred year war and new government. Even if it wasnt, unless Iroh came back to take charge whilst ZUko away, Zuko has too much responisibility as Firelord. PLUS they got ZUko back with Mai. Why does that matter?- because Zuko would have same (or non if Mai stayed behind) love interest the entire time, and thou Mai improved greatly, i wouldnt want to see more of her and i cant see her having any more developement apart from regressing and progressing to same spot over and over.

IF they did a spin off (IMO) it would have to couple of years later so reasonably believable that he would have ability to leave, and/or another crisis he must face for span of the series. It cant be simply Zuko searching for mum even if it was only 10 ep miniseries. Most likely some form of FN revolt from those who dont accept the peace, with new villian for most part. Cameos of Ozai and Azula would be cool and we could get some closure on Azula finding her own peace and redemption by helping Zuko.
    About Mai, the only realtionship forshadowed to end in marriage is Kataang, so Zuko's still up for enternal grabs. They just have to bump Mai away somehow. i was thinking something along the lines of her running off w/ a bass player for an emo-band...

Seriously Zuko needs someone like toph who's full of life, adventurous and can be comical, and same time hold her own against any one. I see it kinda like Farah and Prince in Prince of Persia (loved that game ) start off as aggressive/antagonistic to one enough (not violent) and developes into a reliance and fondness, and then love for that person.
    Hey, you kinda described my O.C. for Zuko. She's funny and free and stands up for her friends. Except they weren't enemies, they were best friends sice they were 3.

isabelwhatx

[45]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    Phantomair wrote:

But we know everything there is to know about Zuko, basically. We've explored him even more than Aang, for god's sake.

Jackson5050

[46]Nov 12, 2008
    Pre-Avatar Iroh would make for an intriguing spin-off.

Spazdog

[47]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 7

Jackson5050 wrote:

it would be good but it would short, forget spin-offs instead just make a couple of short movies that shows the after math of war, I am sure they can think of somethign that would be good.

isabelwhatx

[48]Nov 13, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:

I'm more interested in his spirit world trip and him and his son's relationship more than anything else. Also, I wanted to see how he felt about becoming the Fire Lord. An exploration of Iroh's pat would be epic.

Sektos

[49]Nov 13, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:

Hey, you kinda described my O.C. for Zuko. She's funny and free and stands up for her friends. Except they weren't enemies, they were best friends sice they were 3.

Not enemies as such- more friendly nemeses; in competition with each other and at first getting on each other's nerves (in funny way)

Jackson5050

[50]Nov 14, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    I'm more interested in his spirit world trip and him and his son's relationship more than anything else. Also, I wanted to see how he felt about becoming the Fire Lord. An exploration of Iroh's pat would be epic.
    I suggest only epic ideas.
    Edited on 11/14/2008 5:36pm

gilvatar

[51]Nov 14, 2008
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:

Not enemies as such- more friendly nemeses; in competition with each other and at first getting on each other's nerves (in funny way)
    They do that sometimes. But with stuff like eating each other's cake and bringing up the teenage mutant Nija turle-duck briefs Zuko used to wear . They're the kind of friends who know everything about each other.

isabelwhatx

[52]Nov 14, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Don't let it get to your head, Jackson.

Jackson5050

[53]Nov 14, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Don't let it get to your head, Jackson.
    No, I would never allow it to inflate my ego.

Sektos

[54]Nov 15, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:

They do that sometimes. But with stuff like eating each other's cake and bringing up the teenage mutant Nija turle-duck briefs Zuko used to wear . They're the kind of friends who know everything about each other.

I can see that working well, but unfortunatley nothing was mentioned in the series . THe reason why i think meeting someone new in the serious is better, thou yours IS good, is that we see how they developed from the beginning, rather than brief flash backs; that we're a part of the inside jokes, the fights and budding friendship and then relationship through the whole thing

gilvatar

[55]Nov 15, 2008
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Sektos wrote:

I can see that working well, but unfortunatley nothing was mentioned in the series . THe reason why i think meeting someone new in the serious is better, thou yours IS good, is that we see how they developed from the beginning, rather than brief flash backs; that we're a part of the inside jokes, the fights and budding friendship and then relationship through the whole thing
    I think either scenerio would work well and even Zutara would be better than Maizu (but I hope that doesn't happen either). So point (unless u wanna continue this convo) is Mai =/= love match.

atgscl

[56]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 1

I really hope zuzu gets his own spin off. so much left to tell about his family and his mother.

but werent there rumors of an Iroh spin off show?

Jackson5050

[57]Nov 16, 2008
    atgscl wrote:

I really hope zuzu gets his own spin off. so much left to tell about his family and his mother.

but werent there rumors of an Iroh spin off show?

Yes.

moskalenkoroman

[58]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    I think that future interpratation of Avatar should be about past incarnation of Avatar even about first Avatar .
    P.S.
    And about past.Jackson5050 do you still think that I am not from Ukraine?

shadowysea07

[59]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 25
    well you can hope for a continuation with zuko or any of the characters as much as you want but it aint gonna happen. I'd love a continuation as much as the next guy since koh was never killed along with solving various other loose ends. But the creators have said they are done they aren't gonna do a continuation. They might do a spin off after the movie but by then most of the fans will have moved on. So i don't see it happening.

sonjayRJskillz

[60]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 5

Hey!

I just found an interesting (but fake) Zuko spin-off trailer.

You can watch it here.