We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Zuko spin off show?

Carmykins

[21]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    Haha, yeah!

They should a whole show dedicated to Momo!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PokeSponge123

[22]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 20
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    True, but you knew what he meant, so there is no purpose in being an ass about it. Anyways, I think a show featuring Zuko has the potential to be good. It it is not the direction I would choose, but it it not the worst idea I have heard.

How was I being an ass about it?

Now I know why I barely come here.

snowprincess456

[23]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 15
    what nick will really do is turn Aang into a sponge make him live in a pineapple and then we watch him do ridiculously stupid things for a half an hour per episode...

Jackson5050

[24]Nov 8, 2008
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    True, but you knew what he meant, so there is no purpose in being an ass about it. Anyways, I think a show featuring Zuko has the potential to be good. It it is not the direction I would choose, but it it not the worst idea I have heard.

Your only contribution to the thread was to correct him. I suppose ass was too strong a word, but it is vexing when people correct others and add nothing of substance. Nonetheless, I may have misjudged your intentions, and I apologize if I did.

gilvatar

[25]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    PokeSponge123 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Your only contribution to the thread was to correct him. I suppose ass was too strong a word, but it is vexing when people correct others and add nothing of substance. Nonetheless, I may have misjudged your intentions, and I apologize if I did.
    and u misjudged my gender. I'm a girl.

Jackson5050

[26]Nov 8, 2008
    D'oh! Gilvatar, I knew that. I simply forget to whom I was referring.

Spazdog

[27]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 7

what happened to this thread I leave for a day and all heck breaks loose

Jackson5050

[28]Nov 9, 2008
    I have been ruminating on this subject, and I would watch an Azula spinoff. She is one of the few characters on the show that could support being the focus of the entire show.

Sektos

[29]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    Only prob with a Zuko spin off; which IMO would have to be set after ATLA but could have flash backs, is Zuko is the FIRELORD. He cant leave his country whilst its still only coming to grips with the end of a hundred year war and new government. Even if it wasnt, unless Iroh came back to take charge whilst ZUko away, Zuko has too much responisibility as Firelord. PLUS they got ZUko back with Mai. Why does that matter?- because Zuko would have same (or non if Mai stayed behind) love interest the entire time, and thou Mai improved greatly, i wouldnt want to see more of her and i cant see her having any more developement apart from regressing and progressing to same spot over and over.

IF they did a spin off (IMO) it would have to couple of years later so reasonably believable that he would have ability to leave, and/or another crisis he must face for span of the series. It cant be simply Zuko searching for mum even if it was only 10 ep miniseries. Most likely some form of FN revolt from those who dont accept the peace, with new villian for most part. Cameos of Ozai and Azula would be cool and we could get some closure on Azula finding her own peace and redemption by helping Zuko.

Spazdog

[30]Nov 9, 2008

Jackson5050 wrote:
    I have been ruminating on this subject, and I would watch an Azula spinoff. She is one of the few characters on the show that could support being the focus of the entire show.

great minds think alike.

Carmykins

[31]Nov 10, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:

Well, I suppose she did kinda go crazy, which means it would be very funny to watch her!

gilvatar

[32]Nov 10, 2008
    Sektos wrote:
    Only prob with a Zuko spin off; which IMO would have to be set after ATLA but could have flash backs, is Zuko is the FIRELORD. He cant leave his country whilst its still only coming to grips with the end of a hundred year war and new government. Even if it wasnt, unless Iroh came back to take charge whilst ZUko away, Zuko has too much responisibility as Firelord. PLUS they got ZUko back with Mai. Why does that matter?- because Zuko would have same (or non if Mai stayed behind) love interest the entire time, and thou Mai improved greatly, i wouldnt want to see more of her and i cant see her having any more developement apart from regressing and progressing to same spot over and over.

IF they did a spin off (IMO) it would have to couple of years later so reasonably believable that he would have ability to leave, and/or another crisis he must face for span of the series. It cant be simply Zuko searching for mum even if it was only 10 ep miniseries. Most likely some form of FN revolt from those who dont accept the peace, with new villian for most part. Cameos of Ozai and Azula would be cool and we could get some closure on Azula finding her own peace and redemption by helping Zuko.
    About Mai, the only realtionship forshadowed to end in marriage is Kataang, so Zuko's still up for enternal grabs. They just have to bump Mai away somehow. i was thinking something along the lines of her running off w/ a bass player for an emo-band...

Jackson5050

[33]Nov 10, 2008
    Carmykins wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Well, I suppose she did kinda go crazy, which means it would be very funny to watch her!
    That, my friends, is schadenfreude. I do not disagree with it as I also take pleasure in the misfortune and pain of others. If such a prospective spinoff ever came to fruition, I imagine Azula would conquer the mental anguish that plagues her.

Spazdog

[34]Nov 10, 2008

Jackson5050 wrote:
    Carmykins wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    That, my friends, is schadenfreude. I do not disagree with it as I also take pleasure in the misfortune and pain of others. If such a prospective spinoff ever came to fruition, I imagine Azula would conquer the mental anguish that plagues her.

its a given fact that she would no longer be mentally unstable they made a spin off based on her.

isabelwhatx

[35]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    Jackson5050 wrote:

An Azula spin off would not interest me, actually. I'd love an analysis of her mind, but it's kind of obvious as to how she needs to get out of her unstable mental state. I have no interest in watching that. However, if they elaborated on her actual personality more, I'd gladly tune in.

Spazdog

[36]Nov 10, 2008
    that's some complicated organ you talking about, I don't think that would appeal to the younger audiences but i generally speaking any short movie/episode with Azula would do nicely.

gilvatar

[37]Nov 11, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

An Azula spin off would not interest me, actually. I'd love an analysis of her mind, but it's kind of obvious as to how she needs to get out of her unstable mental state. I have no interest in watching that. However, if they elaborated on her actual personality more, I'd gladly tune in.
    so you want an Azula documentory?

bag2218

[38]Nov 11, 2008

I wouldn't mind a Mai and Ty Lee spinoff. maybe azula regains her sanity and busts out of the Looney Bin and they're hired to hunt her down and bring her back to the fire nation while meeting new ppl and traveling different parts of the world like the Gaang did.

Or a chibi spinoff with the Tiny versions of Avatar characters. tht'd be pretty funny

Or a Freedom Fighters or Kyoshi warriors spinoff

Im not too sure how an Azula spinoff would work since it'd probably just be 30 miutes of her blowing things up.

isabelwhatx

[39]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

so you want an Azula documentory?

Not really, just further analysis of her mind. Which would never happen, but oh well.

Phantomair

[40]Nov 11, 2008
    I think that a spinoff with Zuko would be awesome. I would also like one that explores more of the past of each character, I think that would be awesome to.