We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who wants Nick to change!?

meninwhite

[1]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 9

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417299/board/thread/48120213

Execpt the part about Danny Phantom. ITs true if it was all Anime Action and (2D and 3D combined) Shows only along with Nick at Night and Nick Junior destroyed and the other dumb shows then we have a perfect net work!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kuzon234ray

[2]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    What? It wont let me see it.

Magicalboy

[3]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 28
    kuzon234ray wrote:
    What? It wont let me see it.
    u hav to join, which is sumthing im not gonna do now

fafnir97

[4]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    YOu need to sign up for an account before you can look at the forums.

Colonel_Brian

[5]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    All it's talking about are they should put more anime and stuff, why anime? Well I agree they need more action and 2D 3-D???? cartoons it would be a neat set up for Nick.

Nilihist

[6]Aug 1, 2006

meninwhite wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417299/board/thread/48120213

Execpt the part about Danny Phantom. ITs true if it was all Anime Action and (2D and 3D combined) Shows only along with Nick at Night and Nick Junior destroyed and the other dumb shows then we have a perfect net work!!!!

Avatar isn't anime.It was inspired by anime though.All the creators are American.

Waterwhip

[7]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 5
    No, I don't agree. Variety is the spice of life. They should, however, take a look at where they have had success and continue along those veins.

I do think that they should realize how much of a teen audience they have and make better shows to cater to it. I'm so sick of their live action crap like Zoey 101 (gag) and Unfabulous (bleh). Give us more mature cartoons with PLOTS, like Avatar.

Colonel_Brian

[8]Aug 1, 2006

Waterwhip wrote:
    No, I don't agree. Variety is the spice of life. They should, however, take a look at where they have had success and continue along those veins. I do think that they should realize how much of a teen audience they have and make better shows to cater to it. I'm so sick of their live action crap like Zoey 101 (gag) and Unfabulous (bleh). Give us more mature cartoons with PLOTS, like Avatar.

But I'm saying why anime....even if they do this they'll edit things out unless they put up a "T" program where edits aren't needed.

dumbTVnut

[9]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    There is already a places for adult cartoons: adult swim cartoon network or even Boomerang. Nick loves kids... in that scary kind of way, just leave them be. Rather then wishing that nick would grow up you should have been wishing avatar was funded by a network with more guts.

fafnir97

[10]Aug 1, 2006
    for once, dumbTVnut is right. Nick is a children's network, and almost nothing is going to change that. Only the possibility of them going off the air will cause them to change.

PyroManiacXIII

[11]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    dumbTVnut wrote:
    There is already a places for adult cartoons: adult swim cartoon network or even Boomerang. Nick loves kids... in that scary kind of way, just leave them be. Rather then wishing that nick would grow up you should have been wishing avatar was funded by a network with more guts.

This is true, although I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Nick is the current kid-friendly cartoon network, with Avatar being the most mature show in it's lineup in my opinion. I'm not a big Nick fan, though (in fact I don't watch anything other than Avatar), so I wouldn't really know if they had any adult-oriented material that I'm just not seeing. Everytime I've flipped to the network it's been Spongebob, Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, some weird cat cartoon, etc...

I think it should stay that way, however, because (as already mentioned) teenagers and adults who enjoy more risque cartoons have CN to fall back on at night. I think this is a good set-up, and it should remain like this for quite a while. Booyaka.

Magicalboy

[12]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 28

So.....you want MORE anime on MORE channels, geez is there a network out there that DOESNT air anime anymore? I like anime, but enough is enough

Mwezi383

[13]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    Magicalboy wrote:

So.....you want MORE anime on MORE channels, geez is there a network out there that DOESNT air anime anymore? I like anime, but enough is enough

No offence, but what have you been watching? I know of four channels that show anime. Not exactly what I would call the majority.

GIVElove

[14]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 26

i actually like anime it has more of a plot??and way better animation??than most cartoons

Edited on 08/01/2006 12:15pm

Miroku_of_Nite1

[15]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 17
    The only thing that can save Nick for me is if they made a Classic Nick channel. Only showing stuff from the mid 80's to the mid to late 90's. I am talking everything from old Kids Jr shows to Snick. I would buy that channel in a heart beat if it where true. As for Nick only playing anime, there is already a channel like that. http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ I think Nick is past its prime in terms of shows, being back in the past they relied on great writers and well thought out shows, now they just rely on fart jokes, and other unappealing comedy. Back in the early 90's you could only watch Nick toons on the weekends and that was it. So it made a lot of their classic Nick toons a real novelty. But then they changed that later on. Another thing is Nick was geared for kids but not young kids. Also they where not really afraid to show some edgy cartoons. Such as Ren and Stimpy and Rocko???s Modern Life. Now when I watch these shows I enjoy them more being all the little things they added that went over my head when I was young. Nick use to be its own self. Like there was a thing about Nick that made it different and unique, but then they started to become MTV for kids in the early 2000's and in doing so they lost all their credibility with a lot of fans who grew up with them. If nick wants more people to watch they should go with my Classic Nick idea, or start finding better writers for shows. I want more Pete and Petes and Salute Your Shorts and less Zoey 101 and Unfabulous. I am not saying I want remakes of these shows, I want shows with that level of writing and thought. It kind of makes me sad knowing the younger generation of Nick fans will never know of how great Nick once was. For me it is like they are living in the ruins of the Roman Empire with no knowledge of its greatness.

Colonel_Brian

[16]Aug 1, 2006
    That is what I want to happen the good ol' 1990's cartoons.

soccerdawg76

[17]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 18

Miroku_of_Nite1 wrote:
    The only thing that can save Nick for me is if they made a Classic Nick channel. Only showing stuff from the mid 80's to the mid to late 90's. I am talking everything from old Kids Jr shows to Snick. I would buy that channel in a heart beat if it where true. As for Nick only playing anime, there is already a channel like that. http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ I think Nick is past its prime in terms of shows, being back in the past they relied on great writers and well thought out shows, now they just rely on fart jokes, and other unappealing comedy. Back in the early 90's you could only watch Nick toons on the weekends and that was it. So it made a lot of their classic Nick toons a real novelty. But then they changed that later on. Another thing is Nick was geared for kids but not young kids. Also they where not really afraid to show some edgy cartoons. Such as Ren and Stimpy and Rocko???s Modern Life. Now when I watch these shows I enjoy them more being all the little things they added that went over my head when I was young. Nick use to be its own self. Like there was a thing about Nick that made it different and unique, but then they started to become MTV for kids in the early 2000's and in doing so they lost all their credibility with a lot of fans who grew up with them. If nick wants more people to watch they should go with my Classic Nick idea, or start finding better writers for shows. I want more Pete and Petes and Salute Your Shorts and less Zoey 101 and Unfabulous. I am not saying I want remakes of these shows, I want shows with that level of writing and thought. It kind of makes me sad knowing the younger generation of Nick fans will never know of how great Nick once was. For me it is like they are living in the ruins of the Roman Empire with no knowledge of its greatness.

I agree every teenick show but Ned's Declassified SUCKS!

xxshady

[18]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    Miroku_of_Nite1 wrote:
    The only thing that can save Nick for me is if they made a Classic Nick channel. Only showing stuff from the mid 80's to the mid to late 90's. I am talking everything from old Kids Jr shows to Snick. I would buy that channel in a heart beat if it where true. As for Nick only playing anime, there is already a channel like that. http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ I think Nick is past its prime in terms of shows, being back in the past they relied on great writers and well thought out shows, now they just rely on fart jokes, and other unappealing comedy. Back in the early 90's you could only watch Nick toons on the weekends and that was it. So it made a lot of their classic Nick toons a real novelty. But then they changed that later on. Another thing is Nick was geared for kids but not young kids. Also they where not really afraid to show some edgy cartoons. Such as Ren and Stimpy and Rocko’s Modern Life. Now when I watch these shows I enjoy them more being all the little things they added that went over my head when I was young. Nick use to be its own self. Like there was a thing about Nick that made it different and unique, but then they started to become MTV for kids in the early 2000's and in doing so they lost all their credibility with a lot of fans who grew up with them. If nick wants more people to watch they should go with my Classic Nick idea, or start finding better writers for shows. I want more Pete and Petes and Salute Your Shorts and less Zoey 101 and Unfabulous. I am not saying I want remakes of these shows, I want shows with that level of writing and thought. It kind of makes me sad knowing the younger generation of Nick fans will never know of how great Nick once was. For me it is like they are living in the ruins of the Roman Empire with no knowledge of its greatness.

Umm.. its called NickToons Network Channel >__>

Only comes with Digittal Cable and Sattellite though...

They show the following

Catdog
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Hey Arnold
    Kaput and Zosky
    Invader ZIM

etc...

meninwhite

[19]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 9

If they merge well this is waht it should be.

N.C.N

1.Naruto
    2.Eureka 7
    3.Avatar the last Airbender
    4.IGPX
    5.Ben 10
    6.Shaman King
    7.U.T.S.F.P.T(MAde up)
    8.Shin Song Warrior of Spirits(MAde Up)
    9.Megaman AXESS,Stream more
    10.Bleach
    11.Xiaolin Showdown
    12.Neds Declasified School Survivial Guide
    13.Inuyasha
    14.Danny Phantom
    More to come

Colonel_Brian

[20]Aug 1, 2006
    So we should call it Anime network since more than haft is anime well at least theres more verity.