We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who wants Nick to change!?

Miroku_of_Nite1

[21]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 17
    xxshady wrote:
    Miroku_of_Nite1 wrote:
    The only thing that can save Nick for me is if they made a Classic Nick channel. Only showing stuff from the mid 80's to the mid to late 90's. I am talking everything from old Kids Jr shows to Snick. I would buy that channel in a heart beat if it where true. As for Nick only playing anime, there is already a channel like that. http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ I think Nick is past its prime in terms of shows, being back in the past they relied on great writers and well thought out shows, now they just rely on fart jokes, and other unappealing comedy. Back in the early 90's you could only watch Nick toons on the weekends and that was it. So it made a lot of their classic Nick toons a real novelty. But then they changed that later on. Another thing is Nick was geared for kids but not young kids. Also they where not really afraid to show some edgy cartoons. Such as Ren and Stimpy and Rocko???s Modern Life. Now when I watch these shows I enjoy them more being all the little things they added that went over my head when I was young. Nick use to be its own self. Like there was a thing about Nick that made it different and unique, but then they started to become MTV for kids in the early 2000's and in doing so they lost all their credibility with a lot of fans who grew up with them. If nick wants more people to watch they should go with my Classic Nick idea, or start finding better writers for shows. I want more Pete and Petes and Salute Your Shorts and less Zoey 101 and Unfabulous. I am not saying I want remakes of these shows, I want shows with that level of writing and thought. It kind of makes me sad knowing the younger generation of Nick fans will never know of how great Nick once was. For me it is like they are living in the ruins of the Roman Empire with no knowledge of its greatness.

Umm.. its called NickToons Network Channel >__>

Only comes with Digittal Cable and Sattellite though...

They show the following

Catdog
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Hey Arnold
    Kaput and Zosky
    Invader ZIM

etc...

But do they have Pete and Pete? Salute Your Shorts? Are you Afraid of the Dark? ect.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

meninwhite

[22]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 9

N.C.N

1.Avatar The last Airbender

2.Naruto

3.Fullmatal Alchimist

4.IGPX

5.Ben 10

6.Shaman King

7.U.T.S.F.P.T(MAde up)

8.Shin Song Warrior of Spirits(MAde Up)

9.Megaman AXESS,Stream more

10.Bleach

11.Xiaolin Showdown

12.Neds Declasified School Survivial Guide

13.Inuyasha

14.Danny Phantom

15.Eureka 7

16.Futurama

17.Family Guy

18.Zatch Bell

19.Code Lyoko

20.Wolf's Rain

21.Fruits Basket

22.??a better Dubbed One Piece??

Summer Movies

Treasure Planet

Full Metal Alchimist: The Conqueror of Shamballa

InuYasha: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass

Inyuasha:Sword of an Honorable Ruler

Danny Phantom

Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke

Oh and they should make (2D combined with 3D Animation shows) If this did happen there would be less idiots in this contry.

Comercials should be about Vedio games and movies

Edited on 08/01/2006 2:29pm
    Edited 6 total times.

meninwhite

[23]Aug 1, 2006
    No more stupied cartoons!

dumbTVnut

[24]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    Miroku_of_Nite1 hit the mark: Nick has become MTV for Kids... they even show horrible music videos everyone once in while!

coollop

[25]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 16
    Magicalboy wrote:

So.....you want MORE anime on MORE channels, geez is there a network out there that DOESNT air anime anymore? I like anime, but enough is enough

Yeah; Nickelodeon and about every other channel. A ton of other people have already said it, AVATAR IS NOT ANIME. It is INSPIRED by Anime, as are many other shows; Teen Titans, a lot of the shows on Jetix and such... Next to Cartoon Network, I don't know of any other channels that show TRUE Anime (Excluding crappy 4Kid's dubs... Boo 4Kids. They need to burn for what they did to One Piece TT_TT )

Edited on 08/01/2006 1:56pm

coollop

[26]Aug 1, 2006
    meninwhite wrote:

N.C.N

1.Avatar The last Airbender

2.Naruto

3.Fullmatal Alchimist

4.IGPX

5.Ben 10

6.Shaman King

7.U.T.S.F.P.T(MAde up)

8.Shin Song Warrior of Spirits(MAde Up)

9.Megaman AXESS,Stream more

10.Bleach

11.Xiaolin Showdown

12.Neds Declasified School Survivial Guide

13.Inuyasha

14.Danny Phantom

15.Eureka 7

16.Futurama

17.Family Guy

18.Zatch Bell

19.Code Lyoko

Summer Movies

Treasure Planet

Full Metal Alchimist: The Conqueror of Shamballa

InuYasha: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass

Inyuasha:Sword of an Honorable Ruler

Danny Phantom

Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke

Oh and they should make (2D combined with 3D Animation shows) If this did happen there would be less idiots in this contry.

ehhhhhhh... >.> you need to add Wolf's Rain, Fruits Basket and??a better Dubbed One Piece??or I'm going to go cry... Just kidding, of course, about the crying part anyway.

meninwhite

[27]Aug 1, 2006
    Okay I just added Wolf's Rain, Fruits Basket and a better Dubbed One Piece.

Magicalboy

[28]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 28
    Mwezi383 wrote:
    Magicalboy wrote:

So.....you want MORE anime on MORE channels, geez is there a network out there that DOESNT air anime anymore? I like anime, but enough is enough

No offence, but what have you been watching? I know of four channels that show anime. Not exactly what I would call the majority.
    ...4 channels? wow theres more

Colonel_Brian

[29]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    Magicalboy wrote:
    Mwezi383 wrote:
    Magicalboy wrote:

No offence, but what have you been watching? I know of four channels that show anime. Not exactly what I would call the majority.
    ...4 channels? wow theres more

To that I know at least 29 channels that air anime.

GIVElove

[30]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 26

so much anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.)

Colonel_Brian

[31]Aug 1, 2006
    You mean behod to much I love anime but it annoys me now cause i want a break from it my friends are bringing it into my life style as an obsession it annoys so much I just can't go anywhere without seeing or hearing about it.

GIVElove

[32]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 26

i know i love anime... but sometimes it gets to be too much...

JimmyxCindy

[33]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 15
    I think the real question is 'Who doesnt want Nick to change?'. Because trust me, the majority and more want it to.
    Oh and on the anime thing, no offense to anyone but its getting really annoying. I only like Fruits Basket, Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon of the animes that I've ever seen. (Oh! and avatar if you consider it an anime, which i dont.)

Colonel_Brian

[34]Aug 1, 2006

JimmyxCindy wrote:
    I think the real question is 'Who doesnt want Nick to change?'. Because trust me, the majority and more want it to. Oh and on the anime thing, no offense to anyone but its getting really annoying. I only like Fruits Basket, Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon of the animes that I've ever seen. (Oh! and avatar if you consider it an anime, which i dont.)

Agreed .

dumbTVnut

[35]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    Anime and cartoons are the same thing to me. People seem to complain so much about anime just because it???s Japanese. Avatar to me is anime, it has the animation style and plot structure of an anime with a few (but large) simplifications and limitations placed by nick, but it seems so many become insulted if it???s called anime.

coollop

[36]Aug 1, 2006

People who get OFFENDED by others calling Avatar "anime" have too closed minds. But the fact of the matter, ATLA isn't anime. In order to be TRUE anime, it needs to be made in JAPAN, which ATLA isn't. But it's just as good as any anime.

What's wierd to me is that, in my school, there's only a small handful of people who like anime. Anime lovers are the minority. But online, they're abundant. And what channels/shows are you counting that show anime? I swear, Cartoon Network is the only (cable!) channel I know that shows Anime.

And thanks for adding those to the list

Miroku_of_Nite1

[37]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 17
    This topic reminds me of something...

http://animerantpartone.ytmnsfw.com/

NOTE! IF YOU CANNOT TAKE CUSSING AND SEXUAL STUFF THEN DONT GO HERE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Colonel_Brian

[38]Aug 2, 2006
    coollop wrote:

People who get OFFENDED by others calling Avatar "anime" have too closed minds. But the fact of the matter, ATLA isn't anime. In order to be TRUE anime, it needs to be made in JAPAN, which ATLA isn't. But it's just as good as any anime.

What's wierd to me is that, in my school, there's only a small handful of people who like anime. Anime lovers are the minority. But online, they're abundant. And what channels/shows are you counting that show anime? I swear, Cartoon Network is the only (cable!) channel I know that shows Anime.

And thanks for adding those to the list

Well that's strange in my school every kid tlks about anime you can't escape it but I get what you're saying.

coollop

[39]Aug 2, 2006

Shouldn't've clicked.... thank god my mom wasn't in the room

I'm going to say it again: I must live in a hole of a town or something here, because anime/manga lovers are the MINORITY where I am. Half the people in the town, no, my whole STATE don't even know what it is. Are we THAT cut off from the world?

Anime, regular cartoons, whatever. I love the both equally. People who dislike one more??than the other, or don't even like??either of them,??refuse to see the underlying artistry in both. Anime is a cartoon. Regular cartoons are NOT Anime by definition, but hell, they're both equally good.

Colonel_Brian

[40]Aug 2, 2006
    coollop wrote:

Shouldn't've clicked.... thank god my mom wasn't in the room

I'm going to say it again: I must live in a hole of a town or something here, because anime/manga lovers are the MINORITY where I am. Half the people in the town, no, my whole STATE don't even know what it is. Are we THAT cut off from the world?

Anime, regular cartoons, whatever. I love the both equally. People who dislike one more??than the other, or don't even like??either of them,??refuse to see the underlying artistry in both. Anime is a cartoon. Regular cartoons are NOT Anime by definition, but hell, they're both equally good.

You are....correct bravo (claps hands)