We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who wants avatar to come back?

CoconutHead2012

[22]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    It would be awesome it if came back but in a different way, a new arc maybe...I mean there are alot good ideas for a fourth season. They just have to be creative and not corny.....can't be too hard right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ThisCrazyGuy

[23]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think the ending of the show (Sozin's Comet) was so fitting and such a perfect way to end Avatar that if there were more books made, that would ruin A:tLA.

AllieAllie

[24]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 22
    I agree there are a lot of questions I wish were answered but Avatar would probably get worse if it went on any longer. Maybe they could answer those questions in a miniseries or something.

iron007

[25]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 4

I reckon they ended it a bit too perfectly and there is not much scope for a new season. However, they could have "mini seasons" of between 2-5 episodes or Tv movies focusing on each character.

The most obvious one would be Zuko looking for his mother and how he copes with being the new Fire Lord.

Aang on helping rebuild the world, etc.

I cannot see how they can make a new season following from the previous ones and the above scenario is the only way they can continue without taking the show downhill, as there is minimal risk attached. For example, if Azula and her father escape, gahter followers, etc - on paper may sound great, but unless executed perfectly, may fall flat on its face and ruin the whole Avatar series.

Another way is if they create a spin off show - like a story about an Avatar from the past or future with completely new characters, but the mini series idea is better in my opinion as it focuses on the characters we have grown to like during the show!

LatinPassion

[26]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 7
    The closest I could see to their being a TV movie is Aang somehow being corrupted by what he bent out of Ozai. It could be possible to find a whole uncontacted Nation made up of different bender types and Zuko's mother having found refuge amongst them. HHHmmm... perhaps a Native spin on it (Old world - New World kinda thing). Again these are just ideas spinning around in my head. It would be cool if another Air Bender existed within this particular Nation whose bending style reflected his having practiced amongst Fire, Water and Earth benders. Sound and light bending would be a possible alternate to Air bending. We have never seen an Air bender battle (to my knowledge) so it would be interesting to see Aang battle in avatar mode with someone whose air bending was honed through the other bending types.

silvercell

[27]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 3
    well it couldn't go on too long. but they could have done a special about zuko searching for his mother.