We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who Should Aang

Who should Aang end up with:

Taang_Forever

[21]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    Yeah, but the 4000 plus posts in the thread drives back a lot of new members that come here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Songoftheskies

[22]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    True...

piranhapete

[23]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 11
    Taang_Forever wrote:
    Er... what? Wait... so if Toph acted nicer, and Mai and Zuko got together, you wouldn't mind Zutara and Taang happening much...?

Basically, but I mean that Maizu has to play a part, not nessecarily have Maizu happen. Perhaps Mai leaves Azula when she sees she wants to get rid of Zuko, and likewise with Ty-Lee and Sokka. Zutara already kind of nulifies Maizu, remember?

Taang_Forever

[24]Aug 12, 2006
    Nulify...? Okay, i know what that means, but how does Zutara nulify maizu?

Hoshie26

[25]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 4

OK.If Aang was forced to marry i would chose Katara for him but entill there is more evidance of Kataang it seams there is no one for him.Toph and Katara could be better off with someone else.

Toph Aang Katara:Hey dont we get a say in this?!

NO.

Toph Aang Katara:WHAT?!

If you choose now Aang you will end up with that person??because we will choose that person.We want you to be happy.

Aang:No thats alright..you can choose

Katara:WHAT?!?

Faldwin

[26]Aug 12, 2006

Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Well the creators are only making it obvious Aang likes Katara not the other way around.

Ahem.?? I shall now provide overwhelming evidence that Katara likes Aang.?? I shall begin with episode quotes. (quotes from www.avatarspirit.net)

[quote="The Fortune Teller]

Finally, he draws in a mighty intake of breath and expels it, airbending it as it exits, cooling all the lava to stone. Aang relaxes and assumes a meditation pose, calming himself after the massive exertion. Cut to Katara and Sokka watching in awe, the mountain still visibly erupting, but no longer threatening the village.)

Sokka: Man, sometimes I forget what powerful bender (Katara???s expression instantly changes at this, remembering Aunt Wu???s words) that kid is.
    Katara: Wait, what did you just say?
    Sokka: Nothing, just that Aang is one powerful bender.

(Cut to Katara???s and Sokka???s view of Aang. His figure is wreathed in red glow of the lava still seething behind the stone shield Aang has created.)

Katara: I suppose he is???
    [/quote]

Here we can see Katara begining to accept Aang as a romantic option because of Aunt Wu's prediction about marrying a powerful bender. (Yes, Zutara shippers, Zuko is also a powerful bender, or may become one)?? When she realizes the connection she not repulsed as one might expect at the prospect of becoming romantically involved with a close friend.

The Cave of Two Lovers wrote:

Aang: How are we gonna find our way out of these tunnels?
    Katara: I have a crazy idea.
    Aang: What?
    Katara: (hesitantly) Never mind, it???s too crazy.

(Katara turns away from Aang, looking a little bashful.)

Aang: Katara, what is it?
    Katara: I was thinking??? the curse says we???ll be trapped in here forever unless we trust in love.
    Aang: Right???
    Katara: And here it says ???love is brightest in the dark??? and??? (she turns to face him, but doesn???t yet meet his eyes) has a picture of them kissing.
    Aang: (totally clueless) Where are you going with this?

(Cut to a close up of Katara???s face, her eyes still averted.)

Katara: (shyly) Well??? what if we kissed?

(She finally look up at him, with a slightly dreamy, slightly hopeful expression on her face. She blushes visibly even in the darkness. Cut to Aang who doesn???t react for a second, then speaks.)

Aang: (surprised) Us kissing?
    Katara: See? It was a crazy idea.

(She turns away from Aang, who himself turns to face the camera.)

Aang: (dreamily) Us??? kissing???
    Katara: (tries to laugh it off) Us kissing. What was I thinking? Can you imagine that?
    Aang: (also tries to laugh it off) Yeah, heh, heh. (He points at her for additional emphasis) I definitely wouldn???t wanna kiss you!

(Aang???s eyes bug out a moment after his last comment as he realized the dreadful mistake he has just made.)

Katara: (offended) Oh, well I didn???t realize it was such a horrible option. (Leaning over at him in anger) Sorry I suggested it!
    Aang: (trying desperately to recover) No, no, I mean??? if there was a choice between kissing you and dying???

(The sound of a symbol crashing is heard as Aang utters this relationship stifling comment. Katara, further insulted, turns away with a noise of indignation. Aang approaches and is visible over her shoulder.)

Aang: What? I???m saying I???d rather kiss you than die. (He holds clasps his hands together in a gesture of appeasement) That???s a compliment.
    Katara: (turning to Aang, infuriated) Well I???m not sure which I would rather do!

(Katara stalks off the right side of the shot.)

Aang: (dejected) What is wrong with me?

In this quote from "The Cave of Two Lovers"??Katara is the one who suggests that they kiss.?? And she is embarrased and blushes at the suggestion.?? She then becomes very insulted when Aang suggests this is a less than desirable option.?? Also, later in the episode they do kiss, or almost kiss. (The stupid evil writers didn't tell us.?? I??was practically screaming at the TV when it went dark before their lips met and when it was light when they were apart.?? Overall a very frustrating (but good) episode)??

That is all the quote evidence I can think of at the moment there might be more.?? I will now present several pictures*.

*There are no pictures because I could not find any, but they are out there trust me.

jena911

[27]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 35

Katara

just cause 2 people are friends it doesn't mean they'll fall in love with each other

it just means they like and care about each other

Taang_Forever

[28]Aug 12, 2006
    And really, who wouldn't blush at the thought of asking your friend you two should kiss?

Faldwin

[29]Aug 12, 2006
    Point taken Taang_Forever. Personally I am for the Zutara ship and could care less about Aang's love life. I was just presenting the evidence for Kataang since I like that ship better than Tophaang. Mainly that there is, in show evidence for the ship, while Tophaang has none. And no, "they would be perfect for each other" is not evidence. If you can find evidence I will retract that comment and accept the ship as valid. I cannot guarantee(sp?} however that I will support it.

Colonel_Brian

[30]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 12
    I support Kataang silly but I'm saying that there is many twist that shows different sides of that relationship I mean the Fortune Teller provided lots of information.

Taang_Forever

[31]Aug 13, 2006
    Faldwin wrote:
    Point taken Taang_Forever. Personally I am for the Zutara ship and could care less about Aang's love life. I was just presenting the evidence for Kataang since I like that ship better than Tophaang. Mainly that there is, in show evidence for the ship, while Tophaang has none. And no, "they would be perfect for each other" is not evidence. If you can find evidence I will retract that comment and accept the ship as valid. I cannot guarantee(sp?} however that I will support it.

Aw, we all know there's no hints. But shippers don't run on evidence a lot of the time. However, you can be sure if even the slightest hint of Taang happens, we're gonna be all over it like a pirahna. *Sigh* I could live with either ship happening.

sadist_activst

[32]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 14

If only Aang could have both.

Colonel_Brian

[33]Aug 13, 2006
    Then we'll stop this ship war but at the same time I think we should never stop the shipping war.

Taang_Forever

[34]Aug 13, 2006
    Yeah, Shipping wars are fun. But when either one is positively confirmed, it just isn't as fun anymore.

Colonel_Brian

[35]Aug 13, 2006
    Well we'll continue t with debates.

aa_623

[36]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 17
    I prefer Aang with Toph, not Katara, she needs another Waterbender or Haru.... But I personally hope that Aang will end up with Appa... And I hope there will be a Sokka/Momo romance....

Colonel_Brian

[37]Aug 13, 2006
    That would be..................so.............Creepy

Taang_Forever

[38]Aug 13, 2006
    I don't know, sounds sexy.

Colonel_Brian

[39]Aug 13, 2006

Okay.................(backs away slowly then runs far away)

Taang_Forever

[40]Aug 13, 2006
    Well, i gotta go in an hour to go see Pirates of the Caribbean for the 17th time this month.