We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Who had the worst past??

Who had the worst past??

ThisCrazyGuy

[21]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

1. Aang.

2. Zuko.

3. Iroh.

4. Katara and Sokka.

5. Azula.

Eh, I don't think Iroh should be there, because only until recently has he been suffering.
    True, BUT, he is the only person in the show to lose a child (and with that, his ONLY child), and it can be assumed he lost his wife too...
    But I will, however, put him last.
    Edited on 10/10/2008 7:59am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[22]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

1. Aang.

2. Zuko.

3. Iroh.

4. Katara and Sokka.

5. Azula.

Eh, I don't think Iroh should be there, because only until recently has he been suffering.
    True, BUT, he is the only person in the show to lose a child (and with that, his ONLY child), and it can be assumed he lost his wife too...

Azula lost her mothers love. Katara and Sokka lost their father. Ozai lost his son, too, as well as his wife. Does that put him up there?

ThisCrazyGuy

[23]Oct 10, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

1. Aang.

2. Zuko.

3. Iroh.

4. Katara and Sokka.

5. Azula.

Azula lost her mothers love. Katara and Sokka lost their father. Ozai lost his son, too, as well as his wife. Does that put him up there?
    I just said I would put Iroh last... And I think we can all agree that Ozai doesn't really care about anything but himself, HE HIMSELF banished both his Son AND Wife. Unless you mean he has the worst past, regardless of how he handled it... The difference is though, he blatantly knew they were both alive, at least when he banished them... The others had to deal with death (apart from Azula, but she has been insane for a long time now)...
    Edited on 10/10/2008 9:40am
    Edited 2 total times.

isabelwhatx

[24]Oct 10, 2008
    But you could also argue that Ozai had to deal with the fact that he went through life without love, which is a horrible fate. Iroh at least had something.

ThisCrazyGuy

[25]Oct 10, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

1. Aang.

2. Zuko.

3. Iroh.

4. Katara and Sokka.

5. Azula.

I just said I would put Iroh last... And I think we can all agree that Ozai doesn't really care about anything but himself, HE HIMSELF banished both his Son AND Wife. Unless you mean he has the worst past, regardless of how he handled it... The difference is though, he blatantly knew they were both alive, at least when he banished them... The others had to deal with death (apart from Azula, but she has been insane for a long time now)...
    To be honest, I don't think Ozai really cared, and deep down inside, even if he DID care, Azula practically WORSHIPPED him, and he knew she loved and looked up to him... Unfortunetly we will never know Ozai's TRUE feelings.
    Edited on 10/10/2008 10:18am

isabelwhatx

[26]Oct 10, 2008
    Azula did not LOVE him, she simply idolized him. It's a huge difference. But the fact that Ozai didn't care makes it so much more tragic. His life was void of love.

ThisCrazyGuy

[27]Oct 10, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Azula did not LOVE him, she simply idolized him. It's a huge difference. But the fact that Ozai didn't care makes it so much more tragic. His life was void of love.
    True that. However, I will add him as tied with Iroh on my list.

isabelwhatx

[28]Oct 10, 2008
    I love arguing

ThisCrazyGuy

[29]Oct 10, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I love arguing
    Don't we all?!

CorpseVendor

[30]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    1.Aang
    2.Zuko
    3.Katara & Sokka
    4.The Cabbage Merchant

isabelwhatx

[31]Oct 11, 2008
    Why would you say Aang? He really only suffered for half a year or so. After that, he kind of accepted it.

CorpseVendor

[32]Oct 11, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Why would you say Aang? He really only suffered for half a year or so. After that, he kind of accepted it.

I say Aang because hes lost his entire race. And it wasn't just a year. Having his whole life change after being revealed he was the avatar and having the whole world and everyone's problems on his shoulders. Knowing he could never be a normal kid again. He was planned to be separated from his only thing to a parent and the person who understood how he felt (before Katara. His friends begin to shun him out because of his avatar status, making him feel more alone and misunderstood.

He has to go through guilt that all the airbenders are now gone(that would feel a little lonely inside, especially at his age). Waking up frim being in a frozen block of ice. Being told you were K.O-ed for 100yrs while a war raged and everyone you knew is now dead.

Then there is all the stuff that happened in the series. Master all 4 elements, the pressure of ending the war before the comet, not to mention being hunted down everywhere you go, and being criticized by strangers and blamed for the war because of his disappearance.

thats why Aang is first on my list.

Spazdog

[33]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 7

I agree with ang having horrible past but I also feel sorry imagine growing up without a mother's love

isabelwhatx

[34]Oct 12, 2008
    CorpseVendor wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

I say Aang because hes lost his entire race. And it wasn't just a year. Having his whole life change after being revealed he was the avatar and having the whole world and everyone's problems on his shoulders. Knowing he could never be a normal kid again. He was planned to be separated from his only thing to a parent and the person who understood how he felt (before Katara. His friends begin to shun him out because of his avatar status, making him feel more alone and misunderstood.

He has to go through guilt that all the airbenders are now gone(that would feel a little lonely inside, especially at his age). Waking up frim being in a frozen block of ice. Being told you were K.O-ed for 100yrs while a war raged and everyone you knew is now dead.

Then there is all the stuff that happened in the series. Master all 4 elements, the pressure of ending the war before the comet, not to mention being hunted down everywhere you go, and being criticized by strangers and blamed for the war because of his disappearance.

But that's not really the worst past, that's the worst life. Or, at least, the worst year of his life. The majority of his life was happy and filled with love.

CorpseVendor

[35]Oct 13, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    CorpseVendor wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

But that's not really the worst past, that's the worst life. Or, at least, the worst year of his life. The majority of his life was happy and filled with love.

Whats the difference? So was Zuko's. He had his mother. And All those flash backs with him and his family. His father's hand on his shoulder (can't remember it all). Zuko then talked back in the meeting, got his scar and was exiled for two years along with being a drama king.

...I really would have liked to see Aang's actual parents.

isabelwhatx

[36]Oct 13, 2008
    Zuko NEVER had his father. His whole life was void of a father figure. Even worse, he had a father figure that hated him. Or, at least, was ashamed of him, which isn't any better.

Spazdog

[37]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 7

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Zuko NEVER had his father. His whole life was void of a father figure. Even worse, he had a father figure that hated him. Or, at least, was ashamed of him, which isn't any better.

Ozai was deranged lunatic along with all genrations of firelord upto solzen (spelling). I to top it off he was pretty lame if you ask me.

ThisCrazyGuy

[38]Oct 14, 2008

I don't think Aang EVER actually accepted that ALL of the Air Nomads were wiped out. You don't just accept something like that and move on (your entire race being ruthlessly killed, and taken by surprise by a nation you thought to be kind... Because of you) with your life. While Aang usually always puts on a happy face, he will never really get over that and move on, and he SHOUDN'T either... But, I can agree to some level with what Isabel is saying.

Edited on 10/14/2008 2:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

EmoHaruno

[39]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    My TOP:
    1. Azula. No one loved poor Azula but herself.
    2. Zuko. Atleast he had his mommy's love.
    3. Aang. Had love, but they were all dead. Then he found new love.
    4. Katara and Sokka. Had love of parents, but they were often absent.
    5. Toph. Had all the love of her parents but hated it.

isabelwhatx

[40]Oct 15, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

I don't think Aang EVER actually accepted that ALL of the Air Nomads were wiped out. You don't just accept something like that and move on (your entire race being ruthlessly killed, and taken by surprise by a nation you thought to be kind... Because of you) with your life. While Aang usually always puts on a happy face, he will never really get over that and move on, and he SHOUDN'T either... But, I can agree to some level with what Isabel is saying.

I don't actually agree with what I'm saying, I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing