We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

What element should/would be able to bend WOOD? Water or Earth?

MarryLarry

[41]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 11

rgc19 wrote:
    I support Larry's crude, amateurish humor, as I was similarly berated for such jest. People on here need to lighten up.

Amateurish? Me? Why I find that more offensive than the retard comment. How darest thou insult thy's honor? I work very hard on my immaturism I'll have ye know.

Now, I suppose I should deposit a few cents into this original, never-before-thought-of (lul redundancy) topic so's I's don'ts gets anothers scoldings. If wood was bendable, don't cha tink Katara and Toph could have escaped from that wooden cell without resorting to bodily fluids?

Hope that was in-depth enough.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ThisCrazyGuy

[42]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    MarryLarry wrote:

rgc19 wrote:
    I support Larry's crude, amateurish humor, as I was similarly berated for such jest. People on here need to lighten up.

Amateurish? Me? Why I find that more offensive than the retard comment. How darest thou insult thy's honor? I work very hard on my immaturism I'll have ye know.

Now, I suppose I should deposit a few cents into this original, never-before-thought-of (lul redundancy) topic so's I's don'ts gets anothers scoldings. If wood was bendable, don't cha tink Katara and Toph could have escaped from that wooden cell without resorting to bodily fluids?

I am asking what would be able to bend it if it WAS bendable...

ThisCrazyGuy

[43]Dec 1, 2008
    rgc19 wrote:
    I support Larry's crude, amateurish humor, as I was similarly berated for such jest.

People on here need to lighten up.
    I thought your joke was a bit off (lol), but I appologize if you didn't like the reactions.

ThisCrazyGuy

[44]Dec 1, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:

rgc19 wrote:

Oh, and it isn't a question that has been asked as much...

ThisCrazyGuy

[45]Dec 2, 2008
    This thread isn't the success I thought it would be, I admit that, but, does it really have to turn into an argument pit?

Jackson5050

[46]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 12
    As I said earlier, I imagine waterbender could bend trees but not timber. Once the water is extracted from the wood, it is probably unbendable. I see no reason for earthbenders being able to bend wood.

keaton1anng

[47]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 17
    I think that it would probably be air becuase earth,metal and water,ice fire,lighting i think that it would be air there is no other thing for it.

panthean

[48]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 9
    keaton1anng wrote:
    I think that it would probably be air becuase earth,metal and water,ice fire,lighting i think that it would be air there is no other thing for it.

but that doesn't make sence, why would bending air move wooden objects

rgc19

[49]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    A water bender would theoretically be able to bend the water in the wood, but wouldn't be able to bend or even move the tree. Then again, water bending has never made much sense to me (anyone care to explain blood bending to me?)

Now by bending wood, do we mean contorting the shape of the wood, or breaking it/moving it?

panthean

[50]Dec 2, 2008
    rgc19 wrote:
    A water bender would theoretically be able to bend the water in the wood, but wouldn't be able to bend or even move the tree. Then again, water bending has never made much sense to me (anyone care to explain blood bending to me?)

Now by bending wood, do we mean contorting the shape of the wood, or breaking it/moving it?

Blood Bending for Dummies

written by Panthean

Water benders are fictional people in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, a popular show that airs on the tv station Nickolodeon. They have the ability to control and manipulate water. They can also raise and lower the tempurature of water between 10-75 (estimate) degrees farenheit almost instantly. However, they cannot create water, they have to use water that is around them. Popular sources for water are: lakes, rivers, ponds, the ocean, puddles, rain, water puches, sweat, spit, etc. In the final season of the tv show, they are revealed to be much more powerful than expected earlier on in the series. In the episode title "The Puppet Master," Katara, a waterbender who happens to be one of the main characters, and the rest of the group spend some time in a town. While there, they meet an old women who lives in the town. The woman turns out to be a waterbender from the same tribe as Katara (see/ask also: Southern Water Tribe). She teaches Katara some things she learned about waterbending while in prison (for more information on the plot of the episode, see/ask: "The Puppet Master"). She learned that she could manipulate water vapor in the air, and manipulate water that lies within all living things, as well as the convential sources listed above. One of her most unique methods was accomplished by manipulating water within animal's (this includes people) blood veins. In doing so, she had the ability to move peoples bodies using water bending, and because of the method used for doing so, this became known as bloodbending.

See also: "The Southern Raiders," Waterbending, North Pole, South Pole, Avatar, Fire Nation

MarryLarry

[51]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 11
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

rgc19 wrote:

So basically it's another "Who should bend lava" thread that's gonna go nowhere, amirite? Hate to break it to ya but this here idear's been done before. Rule 24 says so.

panthean

[52]Dec 2, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

rgc19 wrote:

So basically it's another "Who should bend lava" thread that's gonna go nowhere, amirite? Hate to break it to ya but this here idear's been done before. Rule 24 says so.

*gives cookies for reference to rules of the internet*

and lava... easy, it's earth

since fire is energy itself, and lava just has alot of energy in it

well ya know... maybe... we should just say water is all liquids, fire is all energy, earth is all solids, and air is all gasses

ThisCrazyGuy

[53]Dec 3, 2008
    MarryLarry wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

rgc19 wrote:

I am not saying this question HASN'T been asked before, just that it hasn't been asked as much, and, I am not expecting this thread to go any where, I just want opinions...
    Edited on 12/03/2008 11:06am

j_dieterman

[54]Dec 3, 2008
    i think that the avatar only can bend wood by combining water and earhbending

Water78

[55]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 47
    panthean wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    this goes back to my question, who can bend glass?

glass is basically sand dude

yah but dude glass is made why lightling hitting sand sweet. So mixture of fire bending and earthing bending i mean totally dude..

panthean

[56]Dec 3, 2008
    Water78 wrote:
    panthean wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    this goes back to my question, who can bend glass?

glass is basically sand dude

yah but dude glass is made why lightling hitting sand sweet. So mixture of fire bending and earthing bending i mean totally dude..

yea, but glass made by lightning will typically shatter and breakdown pretty quikly when left alone

and just because an excess of energy helps in creating glass doesn't make it lightning

I mean, just because enough heat can boil water, doesn't mean that firebenders can control water vapor

ranger8060

[57]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    j_dieterman wrote:

so then could toph and katara together bend the wood?

Jackson5050

[58]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    ranger8060 wrote:
    j_dieterman wrote:

That is a loaded question...

panthean

[59]Dec 4, 2008
    ranger8060 wrote:
    j_dieterman wrote:

if j_dieterman's statement is correct, then theoretically if Toph and Katara had enough practice working as a team, then yes

sonjayRJskillz

[60]Dec 4, 2008

Hurricanes are capable of loosening a tree from it's roots and throwing it up to 160 miles per hour in any direction. Tornadoes are capable of a similar technique but with less force. Keep in mind, one of the main causes of deaths from a tornado involve a piece of household furniture -some made out of wood, hitting the victim at extraordinary speeds. Waterbenders could possibly bend the water in wood to have some degree of control to use as a projectile but not even close to the destructive power an Airbender could invoke using wind to manipulate wood (trees).

Airbending would be closest.

Edited on 12/04/2008 3:53pm
    Edited 3 total times.