We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Was it right to not kill the Firelord??? Or do you think he should've...

Do you think Aang should've killed the firelord??? (phoinex king)

suss2it

[21]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 14
    dantedones wrote:
    I would have taken his power away, and then killed him
    But that would be so unnecessary.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SailorB

[22]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 16

i made this forum just to let you know guys.....i think i changed my mind.....someone said that when your hopes and dreams are crushed, its worse than dying....because its torturous that you cant fulfill them....so ya......stripped his powers...and lock him up was the right way...

Yes, thanks for acknowledging me.

isabelwhatx

[23]Aug 28, 2008
    suss2it wrote:
    dantedones wrote:
    I would have taken his power away, and then killed him
    But that would be so unnecessary.

That's true, and only for dramatic effect.

Axrendale

[24]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 10

I think it's time to insert a Star Wars quote (yep, here we go again). Today, we're going to be examining the words of the Evil Emperor Palpatine, from episode III:

"Once a person has achieved absolute power, the only thing they have left to fear is... losing their power".

Just dwell on it.

isabelwhatx

[25]Aug 28, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

I think it's time to insert a Star Wars quote (yep, here we go again). Today, we're going to be examining the words of the Evil Emperor Palpatine, from episode III:

"Once a person has achieved absolute power, the only thing they have left to fear is... losing their power".

Just dwell on it.

Nice one

AllieAllie

[26]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 22
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Just dwell on it.

Nice one

Really makes you think

Chaospyro

[27]Aug 28, 2008
    AllieAllie wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Just dwell on it.

Nice one

Really makes you think

Yet death also leads to the loss of that power..

watever393

[28]Aug 28, 2008
    AllieAllie wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Just dwell on it.

Nice one

Really makes you think

Yeah, it does.

I agree that Aang decision both served justice and let him stay true to himself.

Axrendale

[29]Aug 28, 2008
    Chaospyro wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Just dwell on it.

Nice one

Really makes you think

No - death simply means that that person comes to an end. It happens to everyone sooner or later. But what these people with absolute power truly fear is the idea of losing their power - and then having to live on afterwards.

FrigginGodess

[30]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 22
    Axrendale wrote:
    Chaospyro wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Just dwell on it.

Nice one

Really makes you think

No - death simply means that that person comes to an end. It happens to everyone sooner or later. But what these people with absolute power truly fear is the idea of losing their power - and then having to live on afterwards.

Look, I just think whatever the choise, the outcome is still the same~

Chaospyro

[31]Aug 28, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:
    Chaospyro wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Just dwell on it.

Nice one

Really makes you think

Thats true, but losing your power and living on afterwards provides the possibility of gaining that power back (Ok not in the case of Fire Lord Ozai in Avatar I guess), where death is like a giant full stop. All power and control that a person has built up is lost in that moment.
    I do see your argument though, being almighty powerful and then losing it and still living to be mocked for having lost that power would probably serve as a more severe punishment than death.

isabelwhatx

[32]Aug 28, 2008
    Chaospyro wrote:

Thats true, but losing your power and living on afterwards provides the possibility of gaining that power back (Ok not in the case of Fire Lord Ozai in Avatar I guess), where death is like a giant full stop. All power and control that a person has built up is lost in that moment.
    I do see your argument though, being almighty powerful and then losing it and still living to be mocked for having lost that power would probably serve as a more severe punishment than death.

But when you die there is no grieving because of your lost power. If you live AFTER you lose your power it is so much worse. In books they often talk about killing all of your loved ones and NOT you so that you can suffer. Power hungry men have replaced their loved ones with their love for power. So, if you kill their power, it's so much worse than death.

kitsuneboy1

[33]Aug 28, 2008
    Remember, Jet was killed. Death is still death, even if it doesn't look like something out of Mortal Kombat II.

As much as I would have loved to see Ozai bite the big one, the humiliation of loosing his powers is even more satisfying. Besides, if Ursa ever returns, he'll be helpless if she decides to kick his @$$!

[34]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    oh my gosh!!! my thread has been brought back from the graveyard!!!! all of these opinions are great!!! ya....ozai is suffering.....if you're dead....you cant suffer....so sufferig is worse.....i just wish that they move azula and ozai and all of the other poopy FN people to the Boiling Rock...which should still be operating while zuko is the firelord.....just incase bad people do something bad...ya

isabelwhatx

[35]Aug 28, 2008
    oh my gosh!!! my thread has been brought back from the graveyard!!!! all of these opinions are great!!! ya....ozai is suffering.....if you're dead....you cant suffer....so sufferig is worse.....i just wish that they move azula and ozai and all of the other poopy FN people to the Boiling Rock...which should still be operating while zuko is the firelord.....just incase bad people do something bad...ya

TBR was exaggerated in how harsh it is, IMO. Iroh was in a much worse cell (where Ozai is now). All because TBR is harder to escape doesn't make it worse. At least you can interact with others. Ozai deserves to be in that small cell all alone.

BradyTheRandom

[36]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    By Aang killing the Firelord, he would be completely out of character. Aang is a young boy with a good heart, and never likes to use violence to take someone's life. Also, he is an Air Nomad. They believe soley in defensive fighting styles, which apparently also shows in their attitude towards the world. Back in Seige, Aang didn't just leave Zuko to die, no matter how much he disliked Zuko. Aang is the just that kind of good hearted person, and if he killed Ozai, he would be out of character.

[37]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 9

isabelwhatx wrote:
    TBR was exaggerated in how harsh it is, IMO. Iroh was in a much worse cell (where Ozai is now). All because TBR is harder to escape doesn't make it worse. At least you can interact with others. Ozai deserves to be in that small cell all alone.

im guessing IMO is the imperial city prison....and now i remember that that one is worse than TBR....

-TheSecondSign-

[38]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 8

I don't care.

I'm suprised anyone can value his life at all, but I'm even more suprised at the general attitude people portray towards those who prefer more affirmative action. They act like we're inferior and that we are in love with killing people for no reason whatsoever, and that they are somehow more spiritually inclined than us.

isabelwhatx

[39]Aug 28, 2008
    -TheSecondSign- wrote:

I don't care.

I'm suprised anyone can value his life at all, but I'm even more suprised at the general attitude people portray towards those who prefer more affirmative action. They act like we're inferior and that we are in love with killing people for no reason whatsoever, and that they are somehow more spiritually inclined than us.

I wouldn't think that at all if someone would give me a good reason for Ozai's death. Most people just want it for the drama, which isn't why it should happen. If you can give a valid point on why Ozai should've been killed I'd be very, very happy.

-TheSecondSign-

[40]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    -TheSecondSign- wrote:

I don't care.

I wouldn't think that at all if someone would give me a good reason for Ozai's death. Most people just want it for the drama, which isn't why it should happen. If you can give a valid point on why Ozai should've been killed I'd be very, very happy.

I don't care what happens to people who commit such acts. I don't care if they die or live, so long as they are incarcerated for the remainder of their existence in a stink infested hole.

It's not my problem. Then again, if the war had taken let's say my whole family, I think I would've probably been very upset that he didn't die, but from where I stand, I don't care.

Edited on 08/28/2008 9:10pm