We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The Official Book 2: Earth Discussion Thread

dantedones

[21]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 24
    My favorite season. I think just because of Long Feng, he made the Ba Sing Se arc for me
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SPDShadowRanger

[22]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 72
    JadeBlosssom wrote:
    She was

but does that need spoiler tags in this season thread?

The show has ended, nothing to spoil, so no.

snowprincess456

[23]May 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    JadeBlosssom wrote:
    She was but does that need spoiler tags in this season thread?
    The show has ended, nothing to spoil, so no.
    but the spoiler tag does help create the illusion that there are still new episodes of Avatar...

AlbusRoseSco

[24]May 9, 2009
    • level: 1

Season 2, was, overall, the best. Also, let us count how many fillers in S2: Cave of 2 Lovers, Avatar Day, (kinda) Bitter Work, and Tales of BSS.

and in season 3: Episodes 2,3,(Main part of)5, (kinda) 6, (kinda) 7, 9, 13, 16, and 17. hmmm.... lets see.

Also, S2 introduced Toph, my FC, Azula and her cronies (awsomeness), Long Feng, BSS, and the storyline is alot better. Also, the EK & LL battle scenes rules the whole series, ALD got an award.

Season 3 was kinda not-clear, and barely had good battle scenes. The COMIC 'The Bridge' was better.

KikitheFiend

[25]May 9, 2009
    • level: 14
    AlbusRoseSco wrote:

Season 2, was, overall, the best. Also, let us count how many fillers in S2: Cave of 2 Lovers, Avatar Day, (kinda) Bitter Work, and Tales of BSS.

and in season 3: Episodes 2,3,(Main part of)5, (kinda) 6, (kinda) 7, 9, 13, 16, and 17. hmmm.... lets see.

Also, S2 introduced Toph, my FC, Azula and her cronies (awsomeness), Long Feng, BSS, and the storyline is alot better. Also, the EK & LL battle scenes rules the whole series, ALD got an award.

Season 3 was kinda not-clear, and barely had good battle scenes. The COMIC 'The Bridge' was better.

I disagree, some of those episodes are nowhere near filler. Bitter Work can't be classed as filler; it showed Aang learning earthbending, more character development for Toph and Aang. It had the introduction of redirecting lightning, that's hugely important. It also had lots of focus on Zuko.

A lot of the episodes you've called fillers have character development and some plot advancement.

taillow22

[26]May 10, 2009
    • level: 11
    The beginning of this season, like the first 10 or something episodes, were a little rough. The Avatar State and Avatar Day or whatever weren't that amazing. It really started to take off the second they introduced Toph. But by the time they reached Ba Sing Se, absolutely incredible. The Appa and Ba Sing Se plots were my favorites of the entire series.

KingofSpades209

[27]May 30, 2009
    • level: 11

taillow22 wrote:
    The beginning of this season, like the first 10 or something episodes, were a little rough. The Avatar State and Avatar Day or whatever weren't that amazing. It really started to take off the second they introduced Toph. But by the time they reached Ba Sing Se, absolutely incredible. The Appa and Ba Sing Se plots were my favorites of the entire series.

I agree. Season Two was the best.

The_Sovereign04

[28]May 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    There aren't any good shows to watch these days.I'm dying. No BTAS, no Avatar, no nothing. How can I get rid of this emptiness and depression? I need the kind of thrill and excitement Book 2: Earth offered. Without entertainments like avatar, life is no fun. Arrghh...My soul is full of discord and dismay.

AllieAllie

[29]May 31, 2009
    • level: 22
    I'm having that problem too. It was bad enough when Avatar ended, but all of the other good shows that I watch are done for the season. I fear I have a long summer ahead of me without any good shows to entertain me.

gilvatar

[30]May 31, 2009
    • level: 17
    Have you tried watching So You Think You can Dance? That show gets me through the summer. It's a shame there's nothing fictional to osess over now though...

AllieAllie

[31]May 31, 2009
    No, I never really got into So You Think You Can Dance, I was never really interested in dancing. I'm probably going to start watching it though just for something to do, and America's Got Talent if its on this summer. And that new TV show based on 10 Things I Hate About You.

ZBishop26

[32]Jun 5, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    Have you tried watching So You Think You can Dance? That show gets me through the summer. It's a shame there's nothing fictional to osess over now though...
    Marvel has a quite a few new shows out, that are IMO not as good as Avatar but still pretty good.

isabelwhatx

[34]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 14
    KikitheFiend wrote:
    AlbusRoseSco wrote:

YOU'RE WRONG!
    Fix'd for the true meaning

MajLorne

[35]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 21
    ZBishop26 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Marvel has a quite a few new shows out, that are IMO not as good as Avatar but still pretty good.
    I'm glad they finally have new Wolverine and the X-Men episodes. All they seemed to show was the same 1 hour premier episode on Nick Toons.

ZBishop26

[36]Jun 18, 2009
    MajLorne wrote:
    ZBishop26 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    I'm glad they finally have new Wolverine and the X-Men episodes. All they seemed to show was the same 1 hour premier episode on Nick Toons.
    Lol well here in Canada the entire first season is finished. But it's still a pretty good show.

Water78

[37]Jul 14, 2009
    • level: 47

What do you think was the worst episode of this season

The Avatar State or Avatar Day or The Drill

AllieAllie

[38]Jul 15, 2009
    I think Avatar Day was the worst. I thought The Drill was pretty good though, what didn't you like about it?

gilvatar

[39]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    Why is the avatar state on that list? You know, season 2 doesn't really have a majorly bad episode like The Great Divide or The Headband.

Water78

[40]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 47
    gilvatar wrote:
    Why is the avatar state on that list? You know, season 2 doesn't really have a majorly bad episode like The Great Divide or The Headband.

I just put down some episodes that didnt really move the plot in any way. I could have put The Chase down there as well.