We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

SOTFN Katara's Underwater Scene

phoenixfirework

[41]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 21
    I know the Sokka icon is confusing, but there's no Toph icons. And I hate Azula, Katara, and Jun, so I chose him. And Sokka's like my second favorite character. Can't you tell I'm a girl since I hate Katara.
    Edited on 08/22/2006 7:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soccerdawg76

[42]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 18
    JasonG2006 wrote:
    soccerdawg76 wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    No I said no more feedback on the topic PhoenixFirework requested a deletion and we should respect it.

Oh, I didn't mean really stop posting. If people want to talk that fine, I'm just embarrased I went so overboared with my dislike towards Katara... again.

Its cool man, I agree with you.

phoenixfirework is a girl, man

I know! That's just how I happened to say that, girl.

soccerdawg76

[43]Aug 22, 2006

phoenixfirework wrote:
    I know the Sokka icon is confusing, but there's no Toph icons. And I hate Azula, Katara, and Jun, so I chose him. And Sokka's like my second favorite character.

If they put Toph icons on, I would jump at them, but everyone else would too, so I'd just keep my coolio Momo one!

ISpeakTheTruth

[44]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 33
    I fell special because my Lorne Icon is only used by two other user I know about and I'm on a great many forums so goody for me and my limited edition Lorne

Airawende

[45]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 6
    soccerdawg76 wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

JasonG2006 wrote:
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    JasonG2006 wrote:
    I don't get why everyone bashes her. People can't accept that she has the qualities of a REAL teenage girl, not just some anime girl in a skimpy cat suit (don't take me wrong, I love anime). She gets frustrated sometimes. So what? We all have haven't we? Avatar is a brave enough show to show qualities of the main characters that no one can ever dream of. I love that picture. She has grown up, and looks extremely pretty as well. Just because she has a brain, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to not be praised.
    what picture?

A picture of Katara ringing her hair, she looks... I can't say without getting flamed. But she looked skimpy in a bad way. People are freaking out over this, saying she's extremely pretty. I'm both frustrated and humoured by the stupidity of this. I can't believe I was so mad when there's no point at all. Maybe there's just no hope for Katara. Maybe she'll remain a perfect, pretty princess, for the rest of the series. And I'm fine with that, it just proves I'm right.
    maybe toph will toughen her up... hmm..u guys actually saw that picture of skimpy katara? or was it just in ur minds?

It's in the picture thread I warn Jason you're gonna gt a nosebleed when you see it.

I hate her because, like Ashley in Fresh Prince, everything she does is right. She's the best of the best, and if she does something wrong, she's the one that notices it. Always right. She doesn't deserve "praise" because she's no better than the rest of the gaang.

Not true. Have you forgotten the whole Waterbending Scroll episode? Everything bad that happened in that episode was her fault. Then other people had to bail her out. She was responsible for Pakku not teaching Aang waterbending(we know he decided to eventually) and she refused to apologise, at the expense of Aang not being taught waterbending by a master. All the characters have their problems. I don't believe she's a "princess" or does everything right at all!

soccerdawg76

[46]Aug 22, 2006
    Airawende wrote:
    soccerdawg76 wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

JasonG2006 wrote:
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    JasonG2006 wrote:
    I don't get why everyone bashes her. People can't accept that she has the qualities of a REAL teenage girl, not just some anime girl in a skimpy cat suit (don't take me wrong, I love anime). She gets frustrated sometimes. So what? We all have haven't we? Avatar is a brave enough show to show qualities of the main characters that no one can ever dream of. I love that picture. She has grown up, and looks extremely pretty as well. Just because she has a brain, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to not be praised.
    what picture?

A picture of Katara ringing her hair, she looks... I can't say without getting flamed. But she looked skimpy in a bad way. People are freaking out over this, saying she's extremely pretty. I'm both frustrated and humoured by the stupidity of this. I can't believe I was so mad when there's no point at all. Maybe there's just no hope for Katara. Maybe she'll remain a perfect, pretty princess, for the rest of the series. And I'm fine with that, it just proves I'm right.
    maybe toph will toughen her up... hmm..u guys actually saw that picture of skimpy katara? or was it just in ur minds?

It's in the picture thread I warn Jason you're gonna gt a nosebleed when you see it.

I hate her because, like Ashley in Fresh Prince, everything she does is right. She's the best of the best, and if she does something wrong, she's the one that notices it. Always right. She doesn't deserve "praise" because she's no better than the rest of the gaang.

Not true. Have you forgotten the whole Waterbending Scroll episode? Everything bad that happened in that episode was her fault. Then other people had to bail her out. She was responsible for Pakku not teaching Aang waterbending(we know he decided to eventually) and she refused to apologise, at the expense of Aang not being taught waterbending by a master. All the characters have their problems. I don't believe she's a "princess" or does everything right at all!

Yes, but at the end of the Waterbending Scroll she takes the scroll, again, and Aang is like "you're so cool!" In the Waterbending Master, she is able to successfully force Pakku to train her and Aang, and notice how she talked Aang into teaching her to begin with. Lastly, while the friggin Avatar, who needs to learn the elemnts in about 8 months fails to be even good enough to go without training, Katara, who for all we know is nothing special, is a master in a couple of weeks, maybe a month. Even Azula, who's been training for at least 10 years, is not being credited as a master, in the Avatar State she was training with teachers.

phoenixfirework

[47]Aug 22, 2006
    [QUOTE="Airawende"]

:

Yeah, but in "The Waterbending Scroll" Aang forgave Katara on the spot (or a little after) for stealing the scroll and when she said she was sorry, Katara was immeditaly forgiven and even got to keep the scroll she stole. She joked about it and everyone laughed. Even though what she did was still wrong, it was treated very lightly. For Aang in "The Deserter" he wasn't entirely forgiven. Sokka didn't joke around about that or anything. In "The Waterbending Master" Pakku was the bad guy and Katara was the herione, completely cast as the good guy who did nothing wrong. Which was not true, though wanting to learn Waterbending despite the male dominant roles is not wrong, her reaction is what iffs me. She freaked out and attacked Pakku which is not at all like Katara, or at least the once motherly, kind, and caring Katara.
    Edited on 08/22/2006 8:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Airawende

[48]Aug 22, 2006

[QUOTE="phoenixfirework"]

Airawende wrote:

:

Yeah, but in "The Waterbending Scroll" Aang forgave Katara on the spot (or a little after) for stealing the scroll and when she said she was sorry, Katara was immeditaly forgiven and even got to keep the scroll she stole. She joked about it and everyone laughed. Even though what she did was still wrong, it was treated very lightly. For Aang in "The Deserter" he wasn't entirely forgiven. Sokka didn't joke around about that or anything. In "The Waterbending Master" Pakku was the bad guy and Katara was the herione, completely cast as the good guy who did nothing wrong. Which was not true, though wanting to learn Waterbending despite the male dominant roles is not wrong, her reaction is what iffs me. She freaked out and attacked Pakku which is not at all like Katara, or at least the once motherly, kind, and caring Katara.

So I'm confused now. Your last sentence is contradictory to the whole argument you're making. If she's perfect and?? a little princess, then she wouldn't have attacked Pakku! This proves she 's not the little good girl.

To SD: She didn't force Pakku to train them! He saw the necklace and softened up at the memory of his lost love! I don't recall anything Katara said to force him. It was his own choice.

You're all forgetting, the reason everything seems to work out for her is because it's convenient for the plot! The whole first season was about learning waterbending, from the first episode! They couldn't end the season without having accomplished this goal! It's a cartoon, with creators! If the creators see a convenient way to do something, they do it.

phoenixfirework

[49]Aug 22, 2006
    [QUOTE="Airawende"]

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

So I'm confused now. Your last sentence is contradictory to the whole argument you're making. If she's perfect and a little princess, then she wouldn't have attacked Pakku! This proves she 's not the little good girl.

To SD: She didn't force Pakku to train them! He saw the necklace and softened up at the memory of his lost love! I don't recall anything Katara said to force him. It was his own choice.

You're all forgetting, the reason everything seems to work out for her is because it's convenient for the plot! The whole first season was about learning waterbending, from the first episode! They couldn't end the season without having accomplished this goal! It's a cartoon, with creators! If the creators see a convenient way to do something, they do it.

I'm saying that even though she did attack Pakku, she was forgiven and seen as what she did was the right thing. She does do bad things, but is always seen as the right thing and she is immediately forgiven for it.
    Edited on 08/22/2006 8:31pm

soccerdawg76

[50]Aug 22, 2006
    [QUOTE="Airawende"]

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

So I'm confused now. Your last sentence is contradictory to the whole argument you're making. If she's perfect and?? a little princess, then she wouldn't have attacked Pakku! This proves she 's not the little good girl.

He said that Katara's image is nice, kind, motherly. That is what got them out of the desert alive. Just like Sokka is a silly, klutsy guy that tries hard. And yet he doesn't get all out of character like that. He never has anything handed to him like that. You notice how Katara beats the crap out of Zuko, while Sokka doesn't challenge him for 4 seconds? Yet, who has had more training?

soccerdawg76

[51]Aug 22, 2006

Waterbending Master:

Pakku= wrong, selfish jerk who does what he does jsut to be mean

Katara: Perfect, persistant herione who does what she does to do the right thing

How can you prove that wrong? (major sarcasm)

Colonel_Brian

[52]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    [QUOTE="soccerdawg76"]
    Airawende wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

He said that Katara's image is nice, kind, motherly. That is what got them out of the desert alive. Just like Sokka is a silly, klutsy guy that tries hard. And yet he doesn't get all out of character like that. He never has anything handed to him like that. You notice how Katara beats the crap out of Zuko, while Sokka doesn't challenge him for 4 seconds? Yet, who has had more training?

You're forgtting General the moon it's an advantage Zuko owned her so bad with the sun wrong again I see.

Airawende

[53]Aug 22, 2006
    [QUOTE="soccerdawg76"]
    Airawende wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

Katara and Zuko are BENDERS! Sokka isn't! The two aren't comperable as far as skill goes. I'm sure Katara would be owned with boomerang skill.

And Sokka was awefully out of character with all his love interests, in my opinion.

He was all serious when dealing with Suki and Yue, very out of character for the "klutz" of the show. So they all have their moments

phoenixfirework

[54]Aug 22, 2006
    [QUOTE="soccerdawg76"]
    Airawende wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

So I'm confused now. Your last sentence is contradictory to the whole argument you're making. If she's perfect and a little princess, then she wouldn't have attacked Pakku! This proves she 's not the little good girl.

Remember in "The Avatar Returns", Sokka did fight Zuko, and lost. Zuko is a more skilled warrior and is a skilled Firebender, Sokka, though somewhat dimwitted, is smart enough not to try and attack Zuko head on. And in "The Warriors of Kyoshi" Sokka again fought him and lost. Besides, Sokka hasn't had a chance to fight Zuko since Kyoshi Island. And Katara only "beat the crap" out of Zuko twice: once at the Spirit Oasis where she had the lunar advantage which is the only reason why she won and out in the North Pole's tundra, where Katara had the full moon backing her up. Katara only beat Zuko because she had the lunar advantage, other than that, Zuko can kick her ass anytime (besides at night close to the full moon or if she's near a large body of water). Besides, Zuko beat Katara with one blast of fire when the sun came back up, see.
    Edited on 08/22/2006 8:39pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Colonel_Brian

[55]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    soccerdawg76 wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

Remember in "The Avatar Returns", Sokka did fight Zuko, and lost. Zuko is a more skilled warrior and is a skilled Firebender, Sokka, though somewhat dimwitted, is smart enough not to try and attack Zuko head on. And in "The Warriors of Kyoshi" Sokka again fought him and lost. Besides, Sokka hasn't had a chance to fight Zuko since Kyoshi Island. And Katara only "beat the crap" out of Zuko twice: once at the Spirit Oasis where she had the lunar advantage which is the only reaosn why she won and out in the North Pole's tundra, where she had the full moon backing her up. Katara only beat Zuko because she had the lunar advantage, other than that, Zuko can kick her ass anytime (besides at night close to the full moon).

Exactly it's the lunar advantage and that proves Pakku is going easy on Katara he is probably like Iroh where he's ten times the bender Azula was in other words each has their advantage.

soccerdawg76

[56]Aug 22, 2006
    soccerdawg76 wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

Remember in "The Avatar Returns", Sokka did fight Zuko, and lost. Zuko is a more skilled warrior and is a skilled Firebender, Sokka, though somewhat dimwitted, is smart enough not to try and attack Zuko head on. And in "The Warriors of Kyoshi" Sokka again fought him and lost. Besides, Sokka hasn't had a chance to fight Zuko since Kyoshi Island. And Katara only "beat the crap" out of Zuko twice: once at the Spirit Oasis where she had the lunar advantage which is the only reason why she won and out in the North Pole's tundra, where Katara had the full moon backing her up. Katara only beat Zuko because she had the lunar advantage, other than that, Zuko can kick her ass anytime (besides at night close to the full moon or if she's near a large body of water).

I was jsut mentioning how perfect Katara is.

StarryAqua

[57]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 3
    I don't really like Katara all that much, I thought that the water scene was pretty cool, but it wasn't really important. About Katara getting to much praise, part of me thinks she does and part of me thinks she doesn't, so I'm not sure. The only thing that I couldn't really stand was the her getting called master, I don't know how long they were there, but it still ticks me off.

piranhapete

[58]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 11
    soccerdawg76 wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Airawende wrote:

:

Remember in "The Avatar Returns", Sokka did fight Zuko, and lost. Zuko is a more skilled warrior and is a skilled Firebender, Sokka, though somewhat dimwitted, is smart enough not to try and attack Zuko head on. And in "The Warriors of Kyoshi" Sokka again fought him and lost. Besides, Sokka hasn't had a chance to fight Zuko since Kyoshi Island. And Katara only "beat the crap" out of Zuko twice: once at the Spirit Oasis where she had the lunar advantage which is the only reason why she won and out in the North Pole's tundra, where Katara had the full moon backing her up. Katara only beat Zuko because she had the lunar advantage, other than that, Zuko can kick her ass anytime (besides at night close to the full moon or if she's near a large body of water). Besides, Zuko beat Katara with one blast of fire when the sun came back up, see.

You are now OFFICIALLY contradicting yourself. You're saying that Katara is a perfect princess, but that she ALSO sucks at bending? Earlier you were saying how she never loses, but she lost to Master Pakku and she lost to Zuko and Mai as well. Therefore we can conclude that she is not perfect, because she does not always win. Also, I don't think it's wrong to steal if the thing was stolen in the first place.

cg_619

[59]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 24
    Katara deserves the praise she is strong and courages and her waterbending skills are awesome why would n-e one have a grudge agianst katara!

cg_619

[60]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 24
    Katara deserves the praise she is strong and courages and her waterbending skills are awesome why would n-e one have a grudge agianst katara!