We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

SOTFN Katara's Underwater Scene

ISpeakTheTruth

[21]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 33
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    I didn't like the fact that she was being called a "Master" after like one episode of training...That still bugs me.
    Well, in that epiosde she was at the North Pole training for a month. But I agree, it was a little fast.

Where did you get a month from? I'm sure that the time table is a few days to a week at the most.

Wow, a week would be extremely fast. O_o I know I got a month from some Avatar site. I think it was Avatar Spirit, but I'm not sure...

My time table comes from logic...Look at Zuko's facal wounds from the exposions. Cuts are healed in about a week (at least mine are) so a whole month goes by and his face hasn't healed yet from simple cuts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ISpeakTheTruth

[22]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 33

What? No retort? Can't handle my logic?

No I didn't think so

piranhapete

[23]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    I think some Katara haters go a little overboard. For example, in Gilmore Girls, I absolutely despise Logan Huntzberger (I just wanna pinch his head right off!!!) but not so much that it stops me from enjoying the scenes he's in. IMO if you hate Katara so much you start disliking episodes for her character, then you have a problem and you probably need to let it go.

phoenixfirework

[24]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 21
    I don't dislike episodes because Katara's in them, I dislike scenes in episodes that go overboard with her character. She's not Aang, afterall, he deserves the most attention.And now I wish this thread was locked because I'm embarrased for being so crazy about my hatred for Katara. Sorry people, I just wish Katara was given faults and was insulted, like Sokka and Toph are constantly. If that happened, I could stand her. But that doesn't happen. Again, sorry for going overboard with this, I just really dislike Katara.
    Edited on 08/22/2006 6:42pm

[25]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 5
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

What? No retort? Can't handle my logic?

No I didn't think so

Don't worry, I'm not the one to leave because I can't handle stuff. ^-^ I was just spazzing over spoilers... again. And I'm sure Nick wouldn't rush her training. I mean, they're not completely stupid.

[26]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 5
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    I don't dislike episodes because Katara's in them, I dislike scenes in episodes that go overboard with her character. She's not Aang, afterall, he deserves the most attention.And now I wish this thread was locked because I'm embarrased for being so crazy about my hatred for Katara. Sorry people, I just wish Katara was given faults and was insulted, like Sokka and Toph are constantly. If that happened, I could stand her. But that doesn't happen. Again, sorry for going overboard with this, I just really dislike Katara.

Don't be embarassed! You have a right to your own opinion on things!

piranhapete

[27]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    phoenixfirework wrote:

I wasn't referring directly to you, just to people in general, but I see what you mean about her never really getting made fun of.

JasonG2006

[28]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    I don't get why everyone bashes her. People can't accept that she has the qualities of a REAL teenage girl, not just some anime girl in a skimpy cat suit (don't take me wrong, I love anime). She gets frustrated sometimes. So what? We all have haven't we? Avatar is a brave enough show to show qualities of the main characters that no one can ever dream of.

I love that picture. She has grown up, and looks extremely pretty as well. Just because she has a brain, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to not be praised.

what picture?

phoenixfirework

[29]Aug 22, 2006
    JasonG2006 wrote:
    I don't get why everyone bashes her. People can't accept that she has the qualities of a REAL teenage girl, not just some anime girl in a skimpy cat suit (don't take me wrong, I love anime). She gets frustrated sometimes. So what? We all have haven't we? Avatar is a brave enough show to show qualities of the main characters that no one can ever dream of.

I love that picture. She has grown up, and looks extremely pretty as well. Just because she has a brain, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to not be praised.

what picture?

A picture of Katara ringing her hair, she looks... I can't say without getting flamed. But she looked skimpy in a bad way. People are freaking out over this, saying she's extremely pretty. I'm both frustrated and humoured by the stupidity of this. I can't believe I was so mad when there's no point at all. Maybe there's just no hope for Katara. Maybe she'll remain a perfect, pretty princess, for the rest of the series. And I'm fine with that, it just proves I'm right.

JasonG2006

[30]Aug 22, 2006
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    JasonG2006 wrote:

what picture?

A picture of Katara ringing her hair, she looks... I can't say without getting flamed. But she looked skimpy in a bad way. People are freaking out over this, saying she's extremely pretty. I'm both frustrated and humoured by the stupidity of this. I can't believe I was so mad when there's no point at all. Maybe there's just no hope for Katara. Maybe she'll remain a perfect, pretty princess, for the rest of the series. And I'm fine with that, it just proves I'm right.

maybe toph will toughen her up...
    hmm..u guys actually saw that picture of skimpy katara? or was it just in ur minds?

Colonel_Brian

[31]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 12

JasonG2006 wrote:
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    JasonG2006 wrote:
    I don't get why everyone bashes her. People can't accept that she has the qualities of a REAL teenage girl, not just some anime girl in a skimpy cat suit (don't take me wrong, I love anime). She gets frustrated sometimes. So what? We all have haven't we? Avatar is a brave enough show to show qualities of the main characters that no one can ever dream of. I love that picture. She has grown up, and looks extremely pretty as well. Just because she has a brain, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to not be praised.
    what picture?

maybe toph will toughen her up... hmm..u guys actually saw that picture of skimpy katara? or was it just in ur minds?

It's in the picture thread I warn Jason you're gonna gt a nosebleed when you see it.

soccerdawg76

[32]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 18
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

JasonG2006 wrote:
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    JasonG2006 wrote:
    I don't get why everyone bashes her. People can't accept that she has the qualities of a REAL teenage girl, not just some anime girl in a skimpy cat suit (don't take me wrong, I love anime). She gets frustrated sometimes. So what? We all have haven't we? Avatar is a brave enough show to show qualities of the main characters that no one can ever dream of. I love that picture. She has grown up, and looks extremely pretty as well. Just because she has a brain, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to not be praised.
    what picture?

maybe toph will toughen her up... hmm..u guys actually saw that picture of skimpy katara? or was it just in ur minds?

It's in the picture thread I warn Jason you're gonna gt a nosebleed when you see it.

I hate her because, like Ashley in Fresh Prince, everything she does is right. She's the best of the best, and if she does something wrong, she's the one that notices it. Always right. She doesn't deserve "praise" because she's no better than the rest of the gaang.

Colonel_Brian

[33]Aug 22, 2006
    soccerdawg76 wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

JasonG2006 wrote:
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    JasonG2006 wrote:
    what picture?

I hate her because, like Ashley in Fresh Prince, everything she does is right. She's the best of the best, and if she does something wrong, she's the one that notices it. Always right. She doesn't deserve "praise" because she's no better than the rest of the gaang.

She's not and Soccerdawg as a General I think you should stop the topic not continue feedback.

soccerdawg76

[34]Aug 22, 2006
    Does that mean I should stop posting in this board?

Colonel_Brian

[35]Aug 22, 2006
    No I said no more feedback on the topic PhoenixFirework requested a deletion and we should respect it.

JasonG2006

[36]Aug 22, 2006
    omg! wer did UGamer08 get those! crazy(sokka isn't wearing a torso anymore)!!!!and ty-lee!and azula! and this random girl!! and george!! and kataang!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*faints*

Colonel_Brian

[37]Aug 22, 2006

JasonG2006 wrote:
    omg! wer did UGamer08 get those! crazy(sokka isn't wearing a torso anymore)!!!!and ty-lee!and azula! and this random girl!! and george!! and kataang!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*faints*

That random girl may be Suki without make up or do you ean Ying and Tahn.

phoenixfirework

[38]Aug 22, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    No I said no more feedback on the topic PhoenixFirework requested a deletion and we should respect it.

Oh, I didn't mean really stop posting. If people want to talk that fine, I'm just embarrased I went so overboared with my dislike towards Katara... again.

soccerdawg76

[39]Aug 22, 2006

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

Oh, I didn't mean really stop posting. If people want to talk that fine, I'm just embarrased I went so overboared with my dislike towards Katara... again.

Its cool man, I agree with you.

JasonG2006

[40]Aug 22, 2006
    soccerdawg76 wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

Its cool man, I agree with you.

phoenixfirework is a girl, man