We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

SOTFN Katara's Underwater Scene

phoenixfirework

[1]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 21
    Isn't anyone else bothered by it? It's pointless and stupid. She has her hair down and was swimming, so what? What has Katara really done to even deserve so much praise? Boss others around and Waterbend. She doesn't deserve all of this attention.??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

masterarrowhead

[2]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 8
    nope not bothered at all. she deserves it she is?? my second fav. character in the whole series behind aang.??

Hoshie26

[3]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    I cant believe I came here.BUT THERES ANOTHER PERSON ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!o and yes Katara does deserve it.

piranhapete

[4]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 11
    I'm sorry, are you talking about the scene underwater or the waterfall pool?

If you are discussing the underwater scene, then no, it is a creative use of waterbending. It does not "praise" her unjustly in any way in my opinion.

If you are talking about the scene at the waterfall pool, then we have not seen it, therefore we cannot judge whether or not is an important scene.

Hoshie26

[5]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    Yaaa...I dont know what im talking about.There is not many people on sooo...

F1ames

[6]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 7
    to make it simple: katara = hottie, great waterbender??= deserves praise

[7]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 5
    I don't get why everyone bashes her. People can't accept that she has the qualities of a REAL teenage girl, not just some anime girl in a skimpy cat suit (don't take me wrong, I love anime). She gets frustrated sometimes. So what? We all have haven't we? Avatar is a brave enough show to show qualities of the main characters that no one can ever dream of.

I love that picture. She has grown up, and looks extremely pretty as well. Just because she has a brain, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to not be praised.

Colonel_Brian

[8]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    More of these topics when will we ever learn it's always one step forward and two steps back we need to reduce these topics by making the offcal Character thread but theres flaws in that and who friggen cares if she lets her hair down it's only a 30 second scene not the whole episode just forget about the scene it's not importan it's just a scene!

meninwhite

[9]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 9
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/22/2006 5:27pm

[10]Aug 22, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    More of these topics when will we ever learn it's always one step forward and two steps back we need to reduce these topics by making the offcal Character thread but theres flaws in that and who friggen cares if she lets her hair down it's only a 30 second scene not the whole episode just forget about the scene it's not importan it's just a scene!

Yeah, you're right. I just really like Katara as a character, and don't she why she deserves to be bashed.

F1ames

[11]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 7

yeah, i just dont get why so many ppl hate katara. she is a little bossy but without her the gaang would have died in the desert and she cares a lot about aang, that should earn her something

phoenixfirework

[12]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 21
    Sorry for making this thread people, I was just really pissed off at Katara that's all.?? I however, disagree with all of you, Katrara does recieve too much praise, and too many people compliment her perfection. Doesn't anyone else agree with me on this?

ISpeakTheTruth

[13]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 33
    I didn't like the fact that she was being called a "Master" after like one episode of training...That still bugs me.

Colonel_Brian

[14]Aug 22, 2006
    Do you diagree that were likeing Katara or my comment with one step foward two steps back.

[15]Aug 22, 2006
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    I didn't like the fact that she was being called a "Master" after like one episode of training...That still bugs me.

Well, in that epiosde she was at the North Pole training for a month. But I agree, it was a little fast.

sadist_activst

[16]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 14
    I think more people are worked up about her bad qulteds instend of her good side.

[17]Aug 22, 2006
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    Sorry for making this thread people, I was just really pissed off at Katara that's all.?? I however, disagree with all of you, Katrara does recieve too much praise, and too many people compliment her perfection. Doesn't anyone else agree with me on this?

I respect your opinion. And excuse me for not noticing, but I haven't seen Katara get that many compliments... Aang not included. xP

ISpeakTheTruth

[18]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 33

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    Well, in that epiosde she was at the North Pole training for a month. But I agree, it was a little fast.

Where did you get a month from? I'm sure that the time table is a few days to a week at the most.

Colonel_Brian

[19]Aug 22, 2006
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

Where did you get a month from? I'm sure that the time table is a few days to a week at the most.

Well from what I saw Zhao didn't left his Naval base untill the 18 episode's end and he was way down in the Earth Kingdom it should of taken awhile to get to the north pole I'll say that the time period between 18 nd 19 was at least a little of haft a month.

[20]Aug 22, 2006
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

Wow, a week would be extremely fast. O_o I know I got a month from some Avatar site. I think it was Avatar Spirit, but I'm not sure...