We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Should We Have Season 4?

phoenixfirework

[1]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 21
    Avatar is meant to last for three seasons, but Nick wants a fourth. If we get a fourth season, the Avatar plot will change. Avatar may not be as good as it was. So, should we have a possibly bad season 4 that does not follow the basic Avatar plot or should we have a season 4 with a different plot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FireandIce1400

[2]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    When the war ends there is still a lot the Avatar has to do, like bring the Air Nomads back, and that will take the rest of Aang's life and even longer.

iluvwakka

[3]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 7

i don't know how good a 4th season would be. but you know what would be cool, if they made a video game (NOT done by THQ) that was about avatar but didn't necessarily follow the avatar. maybe they could make a show like that...

fafnir97

[4]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 4
    I don't think there should be a 4th season, as all was meant was three, and when shows last longer than intended because of popularity, they often crash and burn because they lasted beyond their prime. You also see this in sports, with the example of Jerry Rice.

F1ames

[5]Jul 21, 2006
    Yes we should have a season 4 cause that was actually what the creators intended when they first created avatar. also, i dont see how just defeating firelord ozai will stop the fire nation from winning the war cause killing ozai wont kill his soldiers. so after ozai gets killed, his soldiers and generals could still go on fighting the war.

phoenixfirework

[6]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 21

F1ames wrote:
    Yes we should have a season 4 cause that was actually what the creators intended when they first created avatar. also, i dont see how just defeating firelord ozai will stop the fire nation from winning the war cause killing ozai wont kill his soldiers. so after ozai gets killed, his soldiers and generals could still go on fighting the war.

But its like that saying, remove the head and the body will follow or something along those lines. Take out the leader and the rest will follow it.
    No matter how much I love Avatar, I don't want it to end up like the Simpsons, FOP, or Spongebob who have had their moment in the spotlight but have not moved on. Now they are terrible shows, mere shadows of what they once were. Avatar can't end up like that. And what would be a good plot for Season 4 anyway, jsut taking out fighting Fire Nation soldiers. That's boring.

hego007

[7]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 1
    It could be book four: Air, about Aang before he got stuck in the iceburg and Roku's death, and all that, like the start of the war, it would be a twist if it turned out that Roku and Sozan were brothers or something.

echelon101

[8]Jul 21, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 07/21/2006 2:28pm

echelon101

[9]Jul 21, 2006
    I don't have a problem if the show runs one season longer, as long as the episodes doesn't become silly and pointless. They could develop some of the characters and let us know more about their past. I'd love to know more about Katara and Sokka's parents, oh and same thing goes for Aang. Oh, and it would be really cool if by the end of the show they show us a glimpse of what they all look like as adults. I wonder what Aang would look like? But I don't think the show chould get any longer than that and become one of those shows that lasts forever and loose its substance.

bigstay2k

[10]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 9
    I think that Avatar should go to the next avatar like earth, fire, or water as the next season. Or Avatar in a modern or future time, something along that line.

lpohue

[11]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 2
    I don't want a fourth season. If the creators of the series intended it to be three seasons, it should stay three seasons. If they have to make twenty extra episodes than more than a few will be filler episodes. Could you imagine having to wait two month like we are now to see filler?

Colonel_Brian

[12]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 12

Avatar is good and safe with 3 seasons unless it ends like Xiaolin showdown then bring on a 4.

Edited on 07/21/2006 2:36pm

UGamer08

[13]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 23

F1ames wrote:

Say what? ??Dude, the creators orginally intended (and??this has??been said b4 several times) to have 60 episodes in a three-season format. Then when the show got really good really fast (they actually thought it be a while b4 people noticed it, boy were they wrong??) they've said that they've "considered" adding another book. Meaning that its still a "no" but they're considering to look into it. Why? Because its like phoenixfirework and fafnir said, every1 knows that its a really bad idea to go past your prime (can u believe they're making the Simpsons movie now? What the hell? and don't get me started on that new Rocky movie). Sure, everything on TV and entertainment in general??is basically just what some guy with a pencil is pullin' out his a$$ (never get tired of that 1) but this is different, its unknown territory.??By then, they'll have run out of story because they've overcome the point of the main plotline and the show will slowly but??surely start 2 degrade (assuming that people will even choose to watch??the "added" season in the first place). Its like milk when you've left it out 2 long, can't think of a better??way 2 describe it. ...Wait here's 1:??"Its like that hatch on??Lost, once??you know what's inside, its a lot less interesting."??

Californiaroll

[14]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 1
    I have faith in the creators of Avatar, I think that if they do continue passed season 3, we won't be dissapointed(I hope)

FreakishChild

[15]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 15
    As painful as it will be to have Avatar end after book three... Let it end...

JasonG2006

[16]Jul 21, 2006

i think that the should could continue, it would do pretty well

-air nomads return

-zuko as fire lord/still defeating Ozai

-new and more powerful threats such as Azula

-more flashbacks

-look at other air temples

-life after aang and the gang has grown up

-the last 3 seconds of the show would be a female waterbender from the southpole being born, and it eyes glowed for??a sec

-the dark avatar theory

-spiritual matters

FireandIce1400

[17]Jul 21, 2006
    JasonG2006 wrote:

i think that the should could continue, it would do pretty well

-air nomads return

-zuko as fire lord/still defeating Ozai

-new and more powerful threats such as Azula

-more flashbacks

-look at other air temples

-life after aang and the gang has grown up

-the last 3 seconds of the show would be a female waterbender from the southpole being born, and it eyes glowed for??a sec

-the dark avatar theory

-spiritual matters

The most powerfull nonbender that ever lived.

Crime warlords

The spirts

choffy

[18]Jul 21, 2006

Here is my opinion on what will happen in the Season 3 finale (so its my series finale):

The crew will make it to the Fire Nation all fine and dandy. But while fighting the Fire Lord, Toph dies. Aang goes into the Avatar State and kill a bunch of guards and possibly Zuko or someone. A while later Sokka will die and again Aang in AS. I think in the end it will be a 2-1 match. The Fire Lord vs. Aang and Katara. The Fire Lord will quickly kill Katara. Aang is so devestated he goes in a blind rage (like in The Avatar State) and completly levels the Fire Nation and kills every soldier and innocent pedestrian alike and him. The world is saved and peace soon returns. But there will be no more Avatar's (as said in The Avatar State because the cycle was broken). But there are few Fire Benders left in the world and no Air Benders (since Aang was the last one). But in the center of every city in the world there is a statue of Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, Momo and Appa. The camera stops on a statue in the city, and the screens darkens untill the credits roll up.

True its sad. Yes its depressing. Yes it would leave a bittersweet taste in the mouth of every fan. And yes it is actionpacked. But if it is the series finale, it should wrap up the show, not leave it open like Danny Phantom will be because it may be brought back. The creators will eventually have to wrap up the show and like the old saying "All good things must come to an end."

choffy

[19]Jul 21, 2006
    By??the way,??does anyone know where a good Avatar FanFic site? I have one for my series finale and I want to post it

JasonG2006

[20]Jul 21, 2006
    fanfiction.net