We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Should We Have Season 4?

Colonel_Brian

[41]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 12

JasonG2006 wrote:
    phoenixfirework wrote:
    20 decent episodes, all dedicated to entering the Fire Nation and killing Ozai. Come on people. Avatar is a great show and all, but the creators can't pull miracles out of thin air. If the show was meant to last 3 seasons, then let it last 3 seasons. Don't taint this amazing show with an extra season and let Avatar end up like Spongebob.
    the avatar creators are too good for this to happen

3 seasons is good enough the creators can release a DVD?? dedicatd to other past Avatars like Roku and Kyoshi.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xReDRaiN

[42]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    fafnir97 wrote:
    I don't think there should be a 4th season, as all was meant was three, and when shows last longer than intended because of popularity, they often crash and burn because they lasted beyond their prime. You also see this in sports, with the example of Jerry Rice.

Um prolly because he got old and original writers move on to other projects thus creativity is non-existant.

Colonel_Brian

[43]Jul 24, 2006
    Well my final answer is no 3 seasons is good enough unless 3 season ends with a cliffhanger.

Miroku_of_Nite1

[44]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 17
    Maybe season 4 will be a afterword, like what happened to them a few years after season 3.

Or they can travel to the other ends of the world.

aalaois

[45]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 2
    Book One: Water, finding a waterbending teacher
    Book Two: Earth, finding an earthbending teacher
    Book Three: Fire, finding a firebending teacher, defeating the firenation
    Book Four: Air, finding others who can be taught airbending, rebuilding the air tribe (amidst threats of firenation hold-outs, of course)

Without Book Four, the avatar cycle will just end when it gets back to the air tribe and there will be no peace.

Makes perfect sense to me.?? Four books, but only four books.?? Any more would ruin it.

Perhaps book four will discover that someone Aang is supposed to be paired with can learn airbending.?? Katara or Toph, take your pick.?? The air nomads have to be rebuilt somehow.

phoenixfirework

[46]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 21
    Good theory, but how can you rebuild people, since Aang is the only known Airbender left (I don't believe that he's the last) he'd have to restart the population. I think an entire Book about rebuilding the Air Nomads would be rather boring.

KingAtticus

[47]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 11
    This was what I was thinking actually. 4 elements, 4 seasons, 4 books, right? A 4th wouldn't be so bad. But I also agree with the others who say it should stop after a fourth. It may be a short series compared to others, but it will be great I think!

aalaois

[48]Jul 24, 2006

phoenixfirework wrote:
    Good theory, but how can you rebuild people, since Aang is the only known Airbender left (I don't believe that he's the last) he'd have to restart the population. I think an entire Book about rebuilding the Air Nomads would be rather boring.

I don't think it will be so much about genetics as it will be about teaching whoever can learn airbending to airbend and then living in the air temples.

I think that there are people who can learn to airbend from other tribes. Considering the first waterbenders just happened to be taught by the moon, and the first earthbenders just happened to be taught by the mole things, I don't think it is necessarily a genetic thing, i.e. it would be possible for aang to teach someone to airbend even if they didnt have air nomad blood.

discovering another airbender that had survived would make the show's title silly Avatar: the LAST airbender... but I suppose perhaps a few air nomads who could not bend could have survived; I don't believe the show has ever alluded to a type of air nomad who couldn't bend air... they all seem to be able to do it.

??it wouldn't be boring at all.. if say... some firenation holdouts had used a war balloon and taken a stronghold in the airtemples. aang would be traveling in search of those who can be taught to airbend, or who have air nomad blood, with the ultimate goal of taking back the airtemples.
    Edited on 07/24/2006 1:39pm

phoenixfirework

[49]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 21

aalaois wrote:

phoenixfirework wrote:

I don't think it will be so much about genetics as it will be about teaching whoever can learn airbending to airbend and then living in the air temples.

I think that there are people who can learn to airbend from other tribes. Considering the first waterbenders just happened to be taught by the moon, and the first earthbenders just happened to be taught by the mole things, I don't think it is necessarily a genetic thing, i.e. it would be possible for aang to teach someone to airbend even if they didnt have air nomad blood.

discovering another airbender that had survived would make the show's title silly Avatar: the LAST airbender... but I suppose perhaps a few air nomads who could not bend could have survived; I don't believe the show has ever alluded to a type of air nomad who couldn't bend air... they all seem to be able to do it.

it wouldn't be boring at all.. if say... some firenation holdouts had used a war balloon and taken a stronghold in the airtemples. aang would be traveling in search of those who can be taught to airbend, or who have air nomad blood, with the ultimate goal of taking back the airtemples.

The show's title could reference to Aang being the only KNOWN Airbender. It never said he was the only Airbender alive, it just says the last airbender. Others could have survived.

aalaois

[50]Jul 24, 2006
    ehh... I think the title would still be silly still.

pretty straight forward, he's the last airbender.?? If there is another airbender, he was never the last airbender.

of course, the spanish title is just Avatar: The Legend of Aang... they could get away with it there.

I wouldn't like a solution that made there be another airbender, even if they were like frozen or something, because it would just kinda ruin the whole 'last airbender' thing for me.?? if he's the last known airbender, then he's the last known airbender... the title should run from an omniscient narrator point of view describing exactly what the facts of the story are from the perspective of the one making up, thus knowing everything about, the story.

brandylover

[51]Jul 24, 2006
    ey should def have a fourth

GIVElove

[52]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 26
    crusher_1011 wrote:
    you know in the bottom left hand of the screen it sais quick quote well just press that on the person you want to talk about.

thank you so much!!!

GIVElove

[53]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 26
    Runty_Grunty wrote:
    F1ames wrote:
    Yes we should have a season 4 cause that was actually what the creators intended when they first created avatar. also, i dont see how just defeating firelord ozai will stop the fire nation from winning the war cause killing ozai wont kill his soldiers. so after ozai gets killed, his soldiers and generals could still go on fighting the war.

My thoughts exactly. As once said in the movie Princess Mononoke, "Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite."

i know this is kinda late but i love princess monoke!!!

Miroku_of_Nite1

[54]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 17
    aalaois wrote:
    ehh... I think the title would still be silly still.

pretty straight forward, he's the last airbender. If there is another airbender, he was never the last airbender.

of course, the spanish title is just Avatar: The Legend of Aang... they could get away with it there.

I wouldn't like a solution that made there be another airbender, even if they were like frozen or something, because it would just kinda ruin the whole 'last airbender' thing for me. if he's the last known airbender, then he's the last known airbender... the title should run from an omniscient narrator point of view describing exactly what the facts of the story are from the perspective of the one making up, thus knowing everything about, the story.

If Aang where to have a kid there could be more Airbenders, but that may not work.

balbalah

[55]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 6
    end it at book 3 then make a movie.... a real movie, not one of those two episode specials

Eman5805

[56]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 14
    Gantros' theroy comes into play here...but in that light(or darkness) i?? think there's a bigger threat somewhere...i mean c'mon is the Fire Lord really that powerful? we've been lead all along that the ONLY way that Aang could beat ONE person was to learn??ALL the elements? i don't think so...i think the Avatar's real purpose??of maintaining balance??has to do with a threat to??that occurs every once in a (insert some arbitary time)...perhaps that threat is what Kyoshi was lobbing those hill sized statures at...or the guy in the ocean created an entire tidal wave to attack...you guys catch what i'm saying here? unless of course those scenes during Avatar State was just examples of how powerful the Avatar is...

cjclifford

[57]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 6
    I'm all for more seasons if they come up with a new story arc.?? I like the "Dark Avatar Theory" idea that's floating around on the boards.?? Cool stuff.?? I say after the three season arc, restart the series (everything takes place some years later) under a new title like "Aang: The Last Avatar" or something.?? Throw in some new threat like something from the Spirit World.?? And Aang dies while in the avatar state defeating this terrible threat (hence the title of the series).?? It could work.

As long as the show if making money for the network, and depending on the contract legalizational mumbo-jumbo, Nickelodeon could easily make more epsidoes without the creators.?? It might not be as good, but it could happen.?? Disney did with Gargoyles didn't they?

Colonel_Brian

[58]Jul 25, 2006
    The dark Avatar theory could work that would be awsome and probably be the best way to end the series but I think defeating the Fire lord is the bestest way to end it afterall it is the main porpous of the show.

mort_07

[59]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    this is a great theory and could be completly plausable and a great way to end the series. They could be set as flash backs as Ang and the others help rebuild the four nations in their time

soccerdawg76

[60]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 18
    I think it is a great idea, with some changes. A new opening, something like "Well, the four nations are at peace again, but there is still a lot to be done..." As for ruining the show, it can't hurt to try. If it sucks, it gets cancelled, but the first 3 seasons won't be ruined by it.