We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Secret of the Fire Nation trailer! High quality!

Colonel_Brian

[41]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 12
    Thank goodness this debate was annoying me not you the debate
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FreakishChild

[42]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 15

Give the creators a break! Yes they are making Toph have a thing for Sokka but I don't think it will be returned. And her feelings might not be as strong as say Aang is for Katara (I could be wrong) but just relax. I trust the staff of Avatar not to go overboard. C'mon, haven't they delivered excellent material already? How can you possibly think Tokka will ruin the show? Don't you have any faith in them? And what's wrong with Toph liking Sokka? She's a blossoming girl, and has just started experiencing new kinds of relationships. Having her like someone and grow from that is character development Besides, they can't make EVERY love interest a new character. And I think Toph developing a crush on Sokka is kind of realistic. When you spend time with a person you notice traits you either like or dislike-even characteristics you're attracted too. And Toph has been with the Aang Gang for awhile now, and when Sokka and Aang are the only two boys around it's either one or the other. Why does she like Sokka over Aang I can hear the Taang shippers rave. Well, Toph loves fighting, and Aang hesitates where as Sokka shared her appreciation. Plus Toph and Aang constantly butt heads, and a wedge has been driven between them since Appa's kidnapping. I'm sure Aang regrets his actions, but Toph an insecure girl underneath it all who won't quickly forget. Besides, she might feel Sokka is more accepting of her. Remember in The Chase Aang and Katara yelled at her, making her leave; Sokka tried stopping her. Then when Aang went Super Avatar, Sokka pulled her away from the danger. He was protecting her, and that was probably a moment where she felt extremely vulnerable. Guys coming do the rescue typically earn points (Much to the sorrow of the world). So add that all up, I can see where Toph would like Sokka.

Taang_Forever

[43]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    Well, i'm over it now. Oh, i am so bored. And the forum seems to have tremendously slowed down. And it'll only get worse for 27 more days. Hit a climax for me the 15th, and then it'll pick up again after that. How long has it been? 2 months? 2 and a half?

Taang_Forever

[44]Aug 19, 2006
    FreakishChild wrote:
    Give the creators a break! Yes they are making Toph have a thing for Sokka but I don't think it will be returned. And her feelings might not be as strong as say Aang is for Katara (I could be wrong) but just relax. I trust the staff of Avatar not to go overboard. C'mon, haven't they delivered excellent material already? How can you possibly think Tokka will ruin the show? Don't you have any faith in them? And what's wrong with Toph liking Sokka? She's a blossoming girl, and has just started experiencing new kinds of relationships. Having her like someone and grow from that is character development Besides, they can't make EVERY love interest a new character. And I think Toph developing a crush on Sokka is kind of realistic. When you spend time with a person you notice traits you either like or dislike-even characteristics you're attracted too. And Toph has been with the Aang Gang for awhile now, and when Sokka and Aang are the only two boys around it's either one or the other. Why does she like Sokka over Aang I can hear the Taang shippers rave. Well, Toph loves fighting, and Aang hesitates where as Sokka shared her appreciation. Plus Toph and Aang constantly butt heads, and a wedge has been driven between them since Appa's kidnapping. I'm sure Aang regrets his actions, but Toph an insecure girl underneath it all who won't quickly forget. Besides, she might feel Sokka is more accepting of her. Remember in The Chase Aang and Katara yelled at her, making her leave; Sokka tried stopping her. Then when Aang went Super Avatar, Sokka pulled her away from the danger. He was protecting her, and that was probably a moment where she felt extremely vulnerable. Guys coming do the rescue typically earn points (Much to the sorrow of the world). So add that all up, I can see where Toph would like Sokka.

Yeah, you're a few posts late on that. I already calmed down.

FreakishChild

[45]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 15
    I don't care, it needed saying!

Reef_Raider

[46]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 18
    Well said FreakishChild, your 100% correct.

Colonel_Brian

[47]Aug 19, 2006
    Thank you FC I'll go and say it was back-up to help

Taang_Forever

[48]Aug 19, 2006
    Back up? I don't get it.

GIVElove

[49]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 26

NOOOOOO why did you have to put that!!!! i thought it ws just going to be a preview not like a whole clip of the movie!!!!!! *kicks self*

im never going to have anything to do with spoilers again.....??

AvatRkls

[50]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 6
    Kudos to Freakish child

Colonel_Brian

[51]Aug 19, 2006
    GIVElove wrote:

NOOOOOO why did you have to put that!!!! i thought it ws just going to be a preview not like a whole clip of the movie!!!!!! *kicks self*

The clip was only 1:30 seconds what are you talking about?

GIVElove

[52]Aug 19, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    GIVElove wrote:

The clip was only 1:30 seconds what are you talking about?

well i thought it was going to be like one of those commercial thingys instead of a clip of the movie... just nevermind...
    Edited on 08/19/2006 5:28pm

Taang_Forever

[53]Aug 19, 2006
    They showed that at comic con, so i don't think it was intended as a spoiler. Then again, it IS a clip.

deathphoenix65

[54]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 14

FreakishChild wrote:

I must say FreakishChild, that speech was impressive. I did have my doubts about Tokka but you have convinced me, that was a good speech. Good job! You should be a motivational speaker.

Colonel_Brian

[55]Aug 19, 2006

deathphoenix65 wrote:
    FreakishChild wrote:

I must say FreakishChild, that speech was impressive. I did have my doubts about Tokka but you have convinced me, that was a good speech. Good job! You should be a motivational speaker.

After all I have my respects for members before me so I'd say FC is a samrt lady.

GIVElove

[56]Aug 19, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

deathphoenix65 wrote:
    FreakishChild wrote:

After all I have my respects for members before me so I'd say FC is a samrt lady.

wow great speach...

kuzon234ray

[57]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    I'm to lazy to read it, so what is it about?

GIVElove

[58]Aug 19, 2006

ROFL!!!!

ummm it was about how toph has a pretty good chance of liking sokka... its really convincing you should read it despite your laziness

Pharmacopoeia

[59]Aug 19, 2006
    GIVElove wrote:

ROFL!!!!

ummm it was about how toph has a pretty good chance of liking sokka... its really convincing you should read it despite your laziness

I read the first line, looked at how long it was, and gave up.

deathphoenix65

[60]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 14

Pharmacopoeia wrote:
    GIVElove wrote:

ROFL!!!!

I read the first line, looked at how long it was, and gave up.

Hey, you're just like me!