We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Possibility for a Next-Gen spinoff?

Do you believe there will be a next generation series for ATLA?

imNOTcrazy

[1]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 9

Well, i was wondering, since a major concept in the show was the Avatar cycle, this leaves the show open for an infinite number of seasons. this could be an animated Dr.Who, in the sense that it lasts for years and stil retains its greatness.

of course, there is the possibility of the dreaded flop. (dundundunduuuunn)

well, what do the masses think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sonjayRJskillz

[2]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    Its possible...pretty much anything is possible at this point. However, a new series is a long ways off...I mean a LONG ways off. Even if Nick will show the new series, it will take a long time to piece the series together. I do hate repeating myself...and I've said this on another thread too...consider the fact that Bryke isn't sitting on their asses waiting for their masterpiece to come alive on the big screen. A new series is just not their main focus right now...

imNOTcrazy

[3]Aug 20, 2008

i guess thats an issue too. *sigh* a fan can dream, though, a fan can dream...

Axrendale

[4]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    It all depends on the movies. If the movies are a financial success, it is almost inconcieveable that Avatar will not be brought back in some way, shape, or form. The catch is that we have to wait until after the movies, when Bryke will be free to work on it, because I would not trust a new Avatar series unless it was made by them, and I'm sure that everyone else agrees with me.
    Edited on 08/20/2008 7:59am

ThisCrazyGuy

[5]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    I agree with Axrendale. As I have stated many times before, if the trilogy/series of movies are successful and great enough (I hope for ALL our sakes they are) then that could possibly urge Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino to create a new series, but for the next 4-6 years, their focus is completely set on making a threesome of great, successful movies, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Though I am already CRAVING a new series, I want the movies to be as great as physically possible, and in order for that to happen, Bryke's main focus needs to be on the quality of the films. Maybe, afterwards when all is said and done, (and if they still have their HUGE Avatar fanbase, which I'm sure they will, we are loyal to Avatar) they could possibly create a series about the Avatar AFTER Aang, based on a Waterbender and take it from there, but we will not know for YEARS if they are going to take it that far. If I were them, I would create a new series after the movies... Avatar: The Last Airbender is virtually the most popular animation in the world right now, or atleast it was one of them while running, and is probably the greatest show Nickelodeon has ever had (The only thing they have going for them now is SpongeBob SquarePants and Fairly Odd Parents...), it's fanbase was huge, and I think by the end of the movies, they should capatalize on this...

Jackson5050

[6]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 12

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    I agree with Axrendale. As I have stated many times before, if the trilogy/series of movies are successful and great enough (I hope for ALL our sakes they are) then that could possibly urge Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino to create a new series, but for the next 4-6 years, their focus is completely set on making a threesome of great, successful movies, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Though I am already CRAVING a new series, I want the movies to be as great as physically possible, and in order for that to happen, Bryke's main focus needs to be on the quality of the films. Maybe, afterwards when all is said and done, (and if they still have their HUGE Avatar fanbase, which I'm sure they will, we are loyal to Avatar) they could possibly create a series about the Avatar AFTER Aang, based on a Waterbender and take it from there, but we will not know for YEARS if they are going to take it that far. If I were them, I would create a new series after the movies... Avatar: The Last Airbender is virtually the most popular animation in the world right now, or atleast it was one of them while running, and is probably the greatest show Nickelodeon has ever had (The only thing they have going for them now is SpongeBob SquarePants and Fairly Odd Parents...), it's fanbase was huge, and I think by the end of the movies, they should capatalize on this...
    Bryke is contributing to the movie, but let us not forget that this is Shyamalan's movie. It is not as if all of Bryke's time is consumed by this movie. I imagine they are in the preliminary stages of their next Avatar project. Nick execs would be fools not to approve of a new series, but never count your chickens before they hatch.

I imagine some sort of new material will debut at some point in 2009. Most likely an hour-long movie special or something similar. Bryke may also be working on the new canonical prequel content that will release during the Avatar MMO. Nick is re-airing all Book 3 episodes this autumn and will release episode-specific hints from the TV show about unlocking things in-game. I know I will be watching and playing. As anyone can see, the future for Avatar is as bright as ever.

youtube_tv

[7]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 25
    i'm not sure if there's going to be one, but it's always good to keep your hopes up

imNOTcrazy

[8]Aug 20, 2008
    well, at first i didnt know there were going to be any movies. i just hought it would be a [possible] spinoff and that would be it.

ThisCrazyGuy

[9]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 8

Great point Jackson! We can only hope there will be a new series!

Bryke should make another series, and I know it's what we would ALL want.

IrohtheTea

[10]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 6

i dont remember shaylaman having a great movie..

.he specializes in

Horrible Movies

Horror Movies

Gruesome Movies

remember the happening? god it sucked.

i dont think he is a type of person for avatar.

hmmm

how about steven speiberg?

isabelwhatx

[11]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    Axrendale wrote:
    It all depends on the movies. If the movies are a financial success, it is almost inconcieveable that Avatar will not be brought back in some way, shape, or form. The catch is that we have to wait until after the movies, when Bryke will be free to work on it, because I would not trust a new Avatar series unless it was made by them, and I'm sure that everyone else agrees with me.

There's hope for something to be released in NYCC. I mean, Bryke even admitted their starting to develop a new series. That means it has potential to be released sooner than later.

Axrendale

[12]Aug 22, 2008
    IrohtheTea wrote:

i dont remember shaylaman having a great movie..

.he specializes in

Horrible Movies

Horror Movies

Gruesome Movies

remember the happening? god it sucked.

i dont think he is a type of person for avatar.

hmmm

how about steven speiberg?

Shyamalan is notorious for his writing, but fortunatly for us he won't have to do any - he already has a story to work with, and Bryke will be there to hold his hand with translating it to script. In his favor, he is an excellent director, and one who will likely do a very good job with the movie. He is also an avatard who passed up doing a Harry Potter movie in favor of doing this. And I look on the fact that he has never before made a movie like this as a plus. It means that the other movies he has made mean nothing. He is turning over a new leaf; starting a new chapter.

[13]Aug 22, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    Bryke is contributing to the movie, but let us not forget that this is Shyamalan's movie. It is not as if all of Bryke's time is consumed by this movie. I imagine they are in the preliminary stages of their next Avatar project. Nick execs would be fools not to approve of a new series, but never count your chickens before they hatch.

I imagine some sort of new material will debut at some point in 2009. Most likely an hour-long movie special or something similar. Bryke may also be working on the new canonical prequel content that will release during the Avatar MMO. Nick is re-airing all Book 3 episodes this autumn and will release episode-specific hints from the TV show about unlocking things in-game. I know I will be watching and playing. As anyone can see, the future for Avatar is as bright as ever.

This post has my invisible seal of approval. I have been boycotting Nick ever since the end of the finale, so I don't know what they're planning. THANK YOU for posting this. By reading this, I'm hyped up for September.

Axrendale

[14]Aug 22, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

This post has my invisible seal of approval. I have been boycotting Nick ever since the end of the finale, so I don't know what they're planning. THANK YOU for posting this. By reading this, I'm hyped up for September.

Well, your boycott will not last long. Season 3 of Avatar is re-airing in the fall, and we must make sure that it gets decent ratings.

[15]Aug 22, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

ThisCrazyGuy wrote:

Well, your boycott will not last long. Season 3 of Avatar is re-airing in the fall, and we must make sure that it gets decent ratings.

DUDE. When that happens, POST AN AIR DATE! For now, I'm living off Nicktoons Network.

isabelwhatx

[16]Aug 22, 2008
    Lol, when is it re-airing? I'd love to boost some avatar ratings. Maybe this'll increase the hype on these boards.

[17]Aug 22, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Lol, when is it re-airing? I'd love to boost some avatar ratings. Maybe this'll increase the hype on these boards.

Anyone see a new thread in their future that will create so much hype that the fandom will make a comeback?

Axrendale

[18]Aug 22, 2008
    I'm not sure of the exact dates, but all of season 3 will be aired on Nick at around the same time as the MMO game comes out. There will be a lot of promotional stuff for the new game.

Axrendale

[19]Aug 22, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Anyone see a new thread in their future that will create so much hype that the fandom will make a comeback?

I do indeed, and on the refuge too. We need to get cracking making sure that everyone is ready for this.

isabelwhatx

[20]Aug 22, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:
    I'm not sure of the exact dates, but all of season 3 will be aired on Nick at around the same time as the MMO game comes out. There will be a lot of promotional stuff for the new game.

That's good. Maybe the game will be a huge success if it's getting promotion like that. I'm surprised that there are absolutely no commercials. Would it hurt Nick to advertise sometimes?