We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

One Year Later........

SPDShadowRanger

[1]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 72

Well it has been one year today since the blessed event of Sozin's Comet, the four-part episode we all looked forward too, and dreaded at the same time. Now it is a time of reflection.

I still remember sitting down to watch the finale, the excited feeling. Good times.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Teamrat

[2]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    OMG its been a year already?

I begged my cousin if I could watch it at his place because he's got a home entertainment system with surround sound speakers. he was looking at me funny when I started to watch a cartoon. but by the end, he thought it was so awesome that he ended up buying book 1 & 2 on dvd. we watched them all during the weekend. and he got more excited then I did when we saw the trailer for The Last Airbender.

ross93

[3]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    ^^^ lol, conversion i remmeber watching it live in australia direct feed from the US, lol i was so excited watching it i cried no joke it made me so happy the way the finale ended.... *goes to watch finale again XD

Water78

[4]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 47

less then a year till the movie comes out

AllieAllie

[5]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 22
    I was so excited to watch the finale. I just sat there totally engrossed until the last scene. I got pretty psycho; I wouldn't let my brothers say a word until the commercials and if they so much as coughed during the finale I threw one of the stuffed animals we had at them. XD

_Flutterlight_

[6]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 15
    I was so scared I was going to have to watch it at a friends house, or the next day, because my little brother broke my family's TV and my dad refused to buy a new one. We finally got a replacement just a few weeks before the Finale. (Thank goodness.)

snowprincess456

[7]Jul 19, 2009
    That finale night was one to remember...
    I think I had to go to a party or something that day. Its really fun to pretend to be sick...Good times..

[8]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 14

I made sure I had access to a home theather, and I got it. I set up the chairs and even put snacks in cupholders. I went pretty insane...
    Even the finale poster that I did for that contest for the SDCC '08 was taped to the front door of the room, so it would kind of be like watching it at an actual movie theater. Every time someone tried to talk to me I wouldn't allow anything till commercials. (Same thing as someone else here. XD) But, I remember very vividly how I teared up towards the end when I saw Zuko getting crowned and him and Aang looking out. And of course I totally called the whole panning up to the sky and saying "The End". But I stayed put for the ENTIRE thing. I didn't move a muscle until all the end credits finished.

Miroku_of_Nite1

[9]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 17
    I remember falling asleep, and waking up 5 minutes into it.

I was like "Oh crap!"

hkulka2974

[10]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 8

i watched the finale like 5 times in a row i was just in shock that avatar had ended

i can't believe that it has been a year without new avatar. it makes me sad

Edited on 07/26/2009 12:36pm

RockLeE_Luver

[11]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 9

I tried to post something before, but my computer wouldn't let me . Kind of late, but whatever.

I remember panicking and almost skipping a friend's party that would have gotten in the way of my seeing the finale. Luckily, the party was only in the morning so I was good (I'm pretty sure I got beat up by a four year old there though). When I got back, my sister and I got a bunch of candy and went into the basement to watch the finale... I laughed, I cried, and had a really bad sunburn so my face swelled up... then I overheated and had to use freezie pops on my forehead so I wouldn't pass out. It was crazy... good times. Yay for multiple mental breakdowns over a cartoon (the best cartoon that ever existed in my opinion though!). Haha I'm such a nerd

jdogrules

[12]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 10
    A year....it went fast!I reall loved catching new episodes and looking at spoilers and even joining fan sites.
    I am so so very sad it ended....i had got into it through my uncle who was about 12 at the time an it was a couple weeks after the book 2 finale that i truly started to look at it and i loved it......and over 9 months before book 3 came out,i started to watch all the episodes and i awaited for the new season..........too bad i was only on the amazing ride for a little while,but even with the little time i had on the Jorney...........i enjoyed it and i don`t think the producers know how much this series ment to all of us.

Overall,i loved this series and am so sad it ended,i remeber watching the series finale on tv in my mom/dad room...cuase they got a flat screen
    Long live the special

Avatar:The Last Airbender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Edited on 07/26/2009 5:48pm

Water78

[13]Jul 27, 2009
    I hated the waits between new seasons. The wait between book 2 and book 3 was a killer. And the wait between season 3 that was horrible as well. I liked how they gave us all the same episodes together. Kinda sad to watch, since it kinda felt something in my life just ended.

snowprincess456

[14]Jul 27, 2009
    Miroku_of_Nite1 wrote:

I was like "Oh crap!"

Miroku?? Long time no post..

Miroku_of_Nite1

[15]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 17
    snowprincess456 wrote:
    Miroku_of_Nite1 wrote:

I was like "Oh crap!"

Miroku?? Long time no post..

Yeah, still alive. I post time to time on Mocvt Refuge.

WeirdStrike

[16]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 1

Well....it ended just like how I thought it would end. Aang beats the Firelord, except I thought Aang would'be killed him. Aang ended up with Katara and I was a little disappointed, I was kinda a Zutarian. Haha, I flipped when I found out Zuko and Katara were supposed to end up together, but the writers changed it.

Water78

[17]Jul 30, 2009
    WeirdStrike wrote:

Well....it ended just like how I thought it would end. Aang beats the Firelord, except I thought Aang would'be killed him. Aang ended up with Katara and I was a little disappointed, I was kinda a Zutarian. Haha, I flipped when I found out Zuko and Katara were supposed to end up together, but the writers changed it.

You mean like in the Ember Island episode

edmasterchaos

[18]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 41
    Man, i remember watching it on youtube, after seeing one part i would have a killing wait before the next, and i knew i could not go to any forum, last time i did it spoiled the Zuko going for azula thing, hehe, it was still fun though.

MCMLXVI

[19]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 19
    Ever since I watched the series finale, I've been having great difficulty sitting through just about every episode of the series again in reruns. It's like I was put under a spell, and now it's broken. Too bad for me.

Water78

[20]Aug 1, 2009
    MCMLXVI wrote:
    Ever since I watched the series finale, I've been having great difficulty sitting through just about every episode of the series again in reruns. It's like I was put under a spell, and now it's broken. Too bad for me.

The only good part of the watching the reruns is you can go back and see stuff u missed the first time around