We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

OFFICIAL!!!!Avatar Loyalist Committee(Take The Quiz HOW GOOD ARE YOU~ :( !!!!)

_Flutterlight_

[2041]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 15
    It's really unfair how the Mods treated us. They basically threatened the entire forum with not getting to post during the finale. Danmod decided to come and stir things up just so he could ban people, and then they banned people for getting their accounts hacked.

(Watch me get suspended for writing this)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

snowprincess456

[2042]Nov 8, 2009
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    It's really unfair how the Mods treated us. They basically threatened the entire forum with not getting to post during the finale. Danmod decided to come and stir things up just so he could ban people, and then they banned people for getting their accounts hacked.

(Watch me get suspended for writing this)

its the truth...

edmasterchaos

[2043]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 41
    Not really, no...

The threat was in essense, "if you break the rules we give a 1-week suspension like always, and the finale is in less than a week, please just play it cool 'till then" Sure the mods weren't really reaching with us to see what was really going on, but we ourselves weren't so clean either, and they have to care for a huge site.

_Flutterlight_

[2044]Nov 8, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    The threat was in essense, "if you break the rules we give a 1-week suspension like always, and the finale is in less than a week, please just play it cool 'till then" Sure the mods weren't really reaching with us to see what was really going on, but we ourselves weren't so clean either, and they have to care for a huge site.

It was more like, "Go back through all your history and make sure EVERY SINGLE post you've ever made followed the rules as we decide to interpret them, or we'll ban you. (Interpretations will change on a day-to-day basis.) We know the finale's a week away, so if you want to be here for it, you'd better watch your backs."

Seriously, the tone of that post was extreamly threatening.

edmasterchaos

[2045]Nov 9, 2009
    Meh, at least for me it wasn't.

We were on hot water, tons of negative activity, the mods had to check here, and some trolls who probably weren't posting were reporting us, and in theory the trolls were right. It was stupid that we got the TOS for such old posts, but it was technically right.

gilvatar

[2046]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 17
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

It was more like, "Go back through all your history and make sure EVERY SINGLE post you've ever made followed the rules as we decide to interpret them, or we'll ban you. (Interpretations will change on a day-to-day basis.) We know the finale's a week away, so if you want to be here for it, you'd better watch your backs."

Seriously, the tone of that post was extreamly threatening.
    Well I wasn't worried b/c I'm just not a rule breaker by nature but it's true that the Avatar fans and the mods have always had a Zuko/Zhao relationship (to keep this post avatar related).

edmasterchaos

[2047]Nov 9, 2009
    But, i'd just like to point out, we were on really hot water at that time, so the mods did have to look here more.

Now, it's calm, no worries as long as we keep up the basic rules.

BTW, just love to point it out, 62 TOSs so far.

_Flutterlight_

[2048]Nov 9, 2009
    That's true. But we had a lot of problems with trolls and hackers too, which I think escalated the problem. *tries to find a relevant Avatar reference and fails*

62? Wow. I was the person who started screaming at danmod (Posting and low blood sugar do NOT mix.) And I only got 11.

snowprincess456

[2049]Nov 9, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    But, i'd just like to point out, we were on really hot water at that time, so the mods did have to look here more.

Now, it's calm, no worries as long as we keep up the basic rules.

BTW, just love to point it out, 62 TOSs so far.

I feel like such a slacker with 24..

edmasterchaos

[2050]Nov 9, 2009
    Well, i had troubles in other parts of the site (Pokemon mainly) that's where i learned to appreciate how things worked here, how each forum here was also different in how exactly the rules applied, basically, know how it works, always be respectful and you'll survive all this time.

Fluster, MUST ask, are you really Craegan in the refuge?

_Flutterlight_

[2051]Nov 10, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Well, i had troubles in other parts of the site (Pokemon mainly) that's where i learned to appreciate how things worked here, how each forum here was also different in how exactly the rules applied, basically, know how it works, always be respectful and you'll survive all this time.

Fluster, MUST ask, are you really Craegan in the refuge?

Ah, see, the only other forum I really go to is the Drake and Josh forum, where it is apparently OK to call somebody a satanist if they think a particular character is funny. (I beleive I was also called "evil", and told I should be in jail.) So I always thought the Avatar forum was really, really nice.

And yes, I am Creagan at the refuge. But I haven't been there recently because for some reason each page on that forum takes five minutes to load on my computer.

edmasterchaos

[2052]Nov 10, 2009
    lol, what character did you find funny so they would call you that?

Huh, it's just that, some time ago, i think everyone confirmed Craegan was Vxiel or soemthing, can't remember.

_Flutterlight_

[2053]Nov 10, 2009
    Megan. I got called evil for saying I thought it was funny when a 10 year old girl pranked her 16 year old brothers.

Really? I know there was a huge confusion over my identity when I became a deciple of the Dragon, but Vxiel? Seriously? Wiselad and Ross both confirmed my identity when I got the title.

You can even look back at the first post of this thread- I'm marked as _Flutterlight_ & Craegan. (It's CrEAgan on refuge though... I accidentally flipped the e and a when I made my first account because of my dyslexia).

edmasterchaos

[2054]Nov 11, 2009
    Man, those guys know nothing of comedy, Megan easily made the Pilot worthy enough to get made into a series. No, no, i believe you, it's just that i probably remember soemthing wrong then ^^;;

snowprincess456

[2055]Nov 11, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Man, those guys know nothing of comedy, Megan easily made the Pilot worthy enough to get made into a series. No, no, i believe you, it's just that i probably remember soemthing wrong then ^^;;

She was the only reason I ever wached the show..

edmasterchaos

[2056]Nov 11, 2009
    i LITERALLY Rolled On The Floor Laughing My Ass Out when Drake and Josh ate teh spagetti after she put the hot sauce on the spagetti and the soda.

_Flutterlight_

[2057]Nov 11, 2009
    And THIS is why I'm on the Avatar forum. I loved the episode where she made Josh start twitching on live TV.

Honestly, the people on the Drake and Josh forum have NO sense of humor.

AllieAllie

[2058]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 22
    I loved the twitching one too. I agree, Megan was one of the best characters on that show, the people on the D& J forum are insane to think otherwise.
    Edited on 11/12/2009 6:15pm

_Flutterlight_

[2059]Nov 14, 2009
    I was really surprised that they were. Why would anybody watch a show if they hate all the main characters?

edmasterchaos

[2060]Nov 14, 2009
    Well, there's always the chance of the plot and villains to be enough for someone to enjoy the show and still hate the main characters. Though obviously that's not the case for D&J