We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

If Zuko could change the events leading to his banishment, would he?

brankoburcksen

[1]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    I considered this question a while back when I thought of how the creators would answer it. You could look at it as a way of creating a alternate future for the series, but I have a different perspective on it. Considering how much torment and trial Zuko had to endure, I wondered if he would actually take back everything he said in the war room and the Agni-Kai to regain is throne and father's love. Think carefully here, the reason why I would ask a question like this is because it would test whether Zuko still stands by his good intentions from that scene; if he still has the same values now as he did then. It was doing the right thing that got him banished, led him into a cold and dark state of mind, yet his continued suffering has recently made him more noble and compassionate. The choices he made and didn't make are the fundamental things that will dictate how much of an antagonist, anti-hero, or protagonist he really is, or will become.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angelstella

[2]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 3
    In hindsight,??knowing he didn't protest the soldiers' sacrifice at all??probably would have been a hard thing for him to live with. Sure he probably still wants his father's acceptance, but finding out more about what his father's armies have done to so many people must have opened his eyes to what kind of person his father is. In light of the things he's learned by traveling??through villages and meeting the people who were affected by war, he probably doesn't regret the experience. This is a hard question to completely answer one way or the other. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to seeing his father again, perhaps fighting against him.

free2eatcookies

[3]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 7
    maybe in the beginnig of when he first got banished yeah he would probably change it but where hes at now i dont know hes grown alot(emotional wise)and hey stuff happens for a reason but like u said it would of been hard for him 2 deal with

neverbeenpinker

[4]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 8
    i disagree! i'll bet my life he wishes he had just sat down and shut up. sure, he was a little mad that they were willing to sacrifice an entire division, but he didn't know speaking up was going to cost him his life (in a sense). his throne/honor means a whole lot more to him than it seems.

i'll bet you anything he wishes he had just kept his mouth shut.

lilykt7

[5]Aug 11, 2006

I think at first he would.

Than he would have a difficulty doing it.

Than he'll be like wtf is wrong with me!

And THAN he would change the events leading up to his banishment.

I mean come on, Zuko's human.

qweasdzse

[6]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    What zuko can't be in the fire nation and be a good guy at the same time.

lilykt7

[7]Aug 11, 2006
    qweasdzse wrote:
    What zuko can't be in the fire nation and be a good guy at the same time.

uh....no

ISpeakTheTruth

[8]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 33

Yes he would in a heart beat.

Besides Zuko could have??argued with the generals plan once it was time for??rebuttal. ??So there wouldn't be a punishment for speaking in tern.

Colonel_Brian

[9]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 12
    Well it was his first meeting he probably didn't know what was right even if Iroh told him not to Zuko couldn't help but stick up for them and I don't care about you're experiences people!

ISpeakTheTruth

[10]Aug 11, 2006

It doesn't take much to understand that if you are in a war room with probably the greatest active generals and the Fire Lord is in the room you don't just go shouting every thought that comes stomping through your mind.

And in the end he didn't help the soldiers that were going to be sacrificed in that plan.

If he wanted to help them he should have done so in a calm collected manner not just start shouting...When I was 15 I knew that just shouting my opinions out of tern wouldn't help my case the only thing that would is logic and reason.

littleLIVEwire

[11]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 5

That's a toughie. I tried to imagine how Zuko would react if someone (Iroh?) were to ask this of him, and I imagine him becoming all quiet, unsure of what to say. I think inside he'd of course want to change things, but this would conflict with what he believes in.

Poor baby. Makes me sad.

Hoshie26

[12]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    Well he has seen what has happen to the people because of his "dad" so I think once things get better (it better:twisted he wont regret it.

Hoshie26

[13]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    littleLIVEwire wrote:

That's a toughie. I tried to imagine how Zuko would react if someone (Iroh?) were to ask this of him, and I imagine him becoming all quiet, unsure of what to say. I think inside he'd of course want to change things, but this would conflict with what he believes in.

Poor baby. Makes me sad.

Yes poor baby.

MissMahina

[14]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    I can't say what Zuko would do, but I know what the producers would order if it were to be made into an episode. Zuko would first choose to take everything back and become a prince again, only to discover that submitting to his father and being the prince sucks even more (for whatever reason), and then decide to set everything to normal and continue to be a fugitive. That's the way it always happens.

Colonel_Brian

[15]Aug 11, 2006
    Poor poor Zuko well I know what Zuko did wasn't the best thing to do but still you guys say you would of done something better than he did it's like saying this "Oh in order to at least get out of a shark attack I have to be calm and aggresive untill I reach shore" well what happens when you're in that situation it's different and you think against you're mind and freak out.

ISpeakTheTruth

[16]Aug 12, 2006

Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Poor poor Zuko well I know what Zuko did wasn't the best thing to do but still you guys say you would of done something better than he did it's like saying this "Oh in order to at least get out of a shark attack I have to be calm and aggresive untill I reach shore" well what happens when you're in that situation it's different and you think against you're mind and freak out.

I get what you're saying but there is one very large difference ant that difference is the generals plan was just a suggestion, it wasn't like it was??definitely going to happen. Now if every one said yes to it and it was made an official decision then yes I'd say you're right but it was in the end just one man's suggestion on how to win a battle. After he had spoken his plan then would be the perfect time to say when it's your turn that it's wrong. What Zuko did was stupid very very stupid.

A war rooms main purpose is to??decide in a group what the best course of action is in a battle.

Colonel_Brian

[17]Aug 12, 2006
    I see Zuko's out brst was pretty stupid but I think the General's suggestion was very disgracful he shouldn't plan to sacrafice a divison even if it was probably denied it was still low and scum.

ISpeakTheTruth

[18]Aug 12, 2006
    As said by a great man "War is Hell." and a century long war will make people do terrible things to make it come to an end.

neverbeenpinker

[19]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    I see Zuko's out brst was pretty stupid but I think the General's suggestion was very disgracful he shouldn't plan to sacrafice a divison even if it was probably denied it was still low and scum.

yeah, but it probably wasn't denied. azulon might have said no, but ozai? full steam ahead!

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    As said by a great man "War is Hell." and a century long war will make people do terrible things to make it come to an end.

yeah, but it's not like thay were desperate. they just wanted to crack a few earth bender skulls. it's not like they were trying to stop the suffering or some noble thing like that. they just wanted to win.

in keeping with the use of military cliches, "all's fair in love and war".

although i don't think the 41st division of the fire nation army would agree.

Colonel_Brian

[20]Aug 13, 2006

neverbeenpinker wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    yeah, but it probably wasn't denied. azulon might have said no, but ozai? full steam ahead!
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    yeah, but it's not like thay were desperate. they just wanted to crack a few earth bender skulls. it's not like they were trying to stop the suffering or some noble thing like that. they just wanted to win. in keeping with the use of military cliches, "all's fair in love and war". although i don't think the 41st division of the fire nation army would agree.

Well theres always lieing and when you find out you're in the heart of the war.