We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

How will Aang Find A Firebending Teacher?

[1]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    I just don't know where Aang will find a teacher that can teach him Firebending. I mean, everybody in the Fire Nation hates the Avatar. And they want to help Fire Lord Ozai. So, how will Aang learn Firebending if the Fire??Nation hates him? And I know what you're thinking: The Firebender in "The Deserter" could teach him. But, he ran away and they never saw him again. So, if??you have any suggestions??on how he can learn Firebending, post it here. ??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soccerdawg76

[2]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 18
    That's part of the mystery of the show. Maybe it'll be Iroh, I thought of that when I was reading the "Appa sold"??thread and somebody talkded about everyone being reunited.

ctzdominicanboy

[3]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 5

i think that prince zuko will teach him....and htis is why i think so.....in "The Blue Spirit" at the end.....aang saved zuko's life....aangs explains to zuko the fire nation friend he had.....aang made it clear he wanted to be zuko's friend.....zuko was in denial......but the episode ended with zuko probably pondering what aang said.....i believe that by the end of season two....zuko will find his mother and become more sensitive....he'll be more caring and have more patience in himself......uncle iroh will realize it is imposible to defeat bah sing se.....(i already know the firenation will lose at bah sing se...i did some web-searching)....and figures he would end the war by helping aang....he will coincidingly teach aang and zuko...since zuko is still a little naive to teach anyone firebending.......

JUST A GUESS>>>>>>A COMPLETELY WILD AND SPONTANEOUS GUESS

AngelTails2

[4]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 12
    I had a weird dream today, Iroh and Zuko were talking on top of a cliff. They were talking about the avatar, and Iroh said," the avatarstill needs to master firebender, and I was thinking that...(that's when my alarm sounded, stupid alarm) (This is True)

StaraeGhost9259

[5]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 14
    I have a feeling that, as of now, Zuko and/or Iroh would be the most likely candidates if you base the chance on their relationship with the Avatar. I mean, especially Iroh, and when he made friends with Toph, it's like, the Avatar world isn't made of "good people" and "fire nation." There are bad people on the side against the Fire Nation, like that guy who wanted to force Aang into the Avatar State (forgot his name... don't hurt me). Likewise, there are good people who alse happen to be firebenders on Ozai's side, such as Iroh. All he has are good intentions for his nation and for his family. That's why I feel that maybe Iroh will learn that it would be to the benefit of the whole world if Aang could learn firebending and win the war, because Iroh knows that Ozai is ruthless.

And that, my friends, was my pointless babble of the day.

evermorph

[6]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 2
    Maybe it's the guy from episode 16. He disappeared, but maybe the gang runs into him in the third season.

StaraeGhost9259

[7]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 14
    That is a very possible theory, it would be cool if they met up with him again... but I think he was just kind of a one time thing, just to prove to Aang that he needed to extremely disciplined, alot more disciplined than he was then in fact, to control the ruthless burning of fire.

Are you new to Tv.com? If so, welcome!

latinblue

[8]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 9
    ctzdominicanboy wrote:

i think that prince zuko will teach him....and htis is why i think so.....in "The Blue Spirit" at the end.....aang saved zuko's life....aangs explains to zuko the fire nation friend he had.....aang made it clear he wanted to be zuko's friend.....zuko was in denial......but the episode ended with zuko probably pondering what aang said.....i believe that by the end of season two....zuko will find his mother and become more sensitive....he'll be more caring and have more patience in himself......uncle iroh will realize it is imposible to defeat bah sing se.....(i already know the firenation will lose at bah sing se...i did some web-searching)....and figures he would end the war by helping aang....he will coincidingly teach aang and zuko...since zuko is still a little naive to teach anyone firebending.......

JUST A GUESS>>>>>>A COMPLETELY WILD AND SPONTANEOUS GUESS

I totally agree

kuzon234ray

[9]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    I think Zuko will teach Aang. That's all I have to say.

Firedraconian

[10]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 3
    My money is on Zuko teaching him. Iroh is very smart, very wise, and very powerful. All of which suggest that soon, he will be very dead.

soccerdawg76

[11]Jul 17, 2006
    I think it will be Iroh, maybe partly Zuko, who will probably join the Avatar's side as he is not only banished from the fire nation, but now wanted wherever he is.

Reef_Raider

[12]Jul 17, 2006

Firedraconian wrote:
    My money is on Zuko teaching him. Iroh is very smart, very wise, and very powerful. All of which suggest that soon, he will be very dead.

Although I don't want Iroh to die, I think you are right.

phoenixfirework

[13]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 21

I doubt Jeong Jeong will be Aang's teacher, maybe he'll teach him a little, but he won't be permanent. Zuko or Iroh teaching him seems like a good idea, but this show is so complicated and stuff that whose to say.

MasterToph

[14]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 9
    maby a new unannouced charecter but not veary likly

xe3nophon

[15]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    It???s pretty clear that Zuko will teach Aang. Here???s how I think it will happen:

Zuko, Iroh, and Azula catch up to Aang and they are at a standoff. Zuko will tell Azula to back off or something to that effect. Azula will tell Zuko how he is no longer wanted and his father wants him dead. Zuko will deny it. Azula will attempt to shoot him with lightning, but Iroh will sacrifice his life to save him. Zuko is filled with grief and realizes that Azula was right. Zuko joins the gang, teaches Aang firebending in exchange for a chance to confront his sister and his father.

angelstella

[16]Jul 17, 2006
    Yeah, I think most of the teaching will be by Zuko as Iroh's shoulder is still healing. Zuko seems to have patience with teaching if with nothing else, like how he was instructing that boy on how to use broadswords in Zuko Alone.

TyrannoStorm

[17]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    ??
    I think that Zuko will teach Aang firebending when he realises that he won't get his honor back whether he catches Aang or not.

macadamwest

[18]Jul 17, 2006
    Iroh will teach aang fire bending. Hands down.

aa_623

[19]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 17
    I agree, I think that something will happen to Iroh and before he dies he tells Zuko that he must teach Aang firebending to stop his father and regain his rightful place as ruler of the Fire Nation...

FuryOfAang

[20]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 6

I think it'll be Zuko.

But sometimes I think it's weird how some people think that some guy who hasn't been introduced to the story yet will teach him, and then some people say it might even be Azula.

I notice that a lot of those people are Zutara Haters.

C'mon, everyone knows that they only say that because if Zuko teaches Aang it'll spoil the whole "Zuko will never love Katara" thing they keep going on with.