We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Future

MarryLarry

[1]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 11

There's this rallying cry that was just made over at http://dongbufeng.net/site1/.

I suggest everyone with a 45+ second attention span give it a quick read.

Basically to sum it up, PD wants to know if anyone's interested in the show's continuation. If he gets enough votes, he's seriously considering making a fan drive to get the wheel churning for a new season. Now before you nay-sayers say nay, I strongly urge you to read the short post at his site.

To add to it, I'd like to mention many shows that were renewed after their initial run were the result of fans who simply signed a petition or wrote a letter. If a company smells money to be made, they'll get those Korean sweatshops rolling and make those child...er, young adults work until all their fingers have blisters. Then they'll make them use their toes.

So remember kids, if you're going to vote for anyone this year, regardless of your country or political affiliation, be yee Democrat or Republican, White Lotus or Fire Nation, vote Avatar. Because Avatar promises Hope. Avatar promises Change. Avatar promises a better tomorrow for us and our children (minus the Koreans).

A vote for Avatar is a vote for a brighter future.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Alpha1Niner

[2]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    Hmmmm... A chance to revive the great show known as Avatar.

I'll go for it.

Jackson5050

[3]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    I was simply glad to discover that Jake and Dylan had not abandoned the site.

Hughhh

[4]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    I voted.

(Short time listener, first time caller)

isabelwhatx

[5]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    I'm torn. I don't want a fourth season concerning the gAang, however I do what the idea itself to continue. I know that if this new season is miraculously a success that Avatar will be stronger than ever. But, on the other side, is it really worth risking what we have right now?

Trollwrangler

[6]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 5

I think that there is actually quite a bit of life left in the current story. It CAN be just left alone and that would be fine but perhaps it would be fun to see Zuko re-united with his mother. If this is in fact a petition for a continuation then that could be a satisfying story.

If this petition could somehow help with a new avatar series then we should vote on it for that reason alone.

Either way, should be fun.

LadyLaura26

[7]Oct 28, 2008
    Nice speech. I haven't posted here for a while but Avatar used to be my favourite show. Now that it is over I am not sure if I could get back into another season, I mean I started watching it when I was 14, (I am 17 now) but I am torn because it was/is such an amazing show. (I am sure people will agree with me). It would be nice if they could have a fourth season wrap up or I might even be able to get into new characters and story line. One thing though, the story has to end sometime.

FrigginGodess

[8]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 22
    Ooh! Prop 8 is now Avatar, huh?

Then I say know. It's wrong, unfair, and compleatly untrue. I mean, Avatar's a good show, but it dosen't deserve a fourth season. HOWEVER! I agree with Isabel when I want a spin-off. You know, like, what happened to another element drive that left, then it's last elemental is alive, dosen't know she's Avatar (no one else, thoug, as well)

AllieAllie

[9]Oct 28, 2008
    I agree too. I don't think that Avatar needs to go on for more than three seasons as it might get old and boring and just not be as great as it has been. I would however, suppport a spinoff with a new story and different characters.
    Edited on 10/28/2008 5:48pm

[10]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    I can't believe this...wow. THIS IS AMAZING and TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!
    You have no possible ideo how excited this made me again. It's like the good old days. It feels so great!

gilvatar

[11]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 17
    to he11 w/ nay sayers. GO FOURTH SEASON! Who says less is more. Sure it's true in terms of make-up and amount of times the girls from the hills should open their mouths but not in the case of avatar

MarryLarry

[12]Oct 28, 2008

FrigginGodess wrote:
    Ooh! Prop 8 is now Avatar, huh? Then I say know. It's wrong, unfair, and compleatly untrue. I mean, Avatar's a good show, but it dosen't deservea fourth season. HOWEVER! I agree with Isabel when I want a spin-off. You know, like, what happened to another element drive that left, then it's last elemental is alive, dosen't know she's Avatar (no one else, though, as well)

That made absolutely no sense. And your plot device is exactly the same as Aang's story minus one minor detail.

And according to what Jake says, everyone on the production crew (minus the creators) is willing to continue the show. They just need a green light. And by green light, I mean green paper.

What do I personally think? A spin-off won't be nearly as good. Ask yourselves: can a new cast out-do the old characters? Possible? Definitely. But likely? I think not. Jake pretty much hits every note of this in his post so there's no need for me to reiterate. I would personally prefer more closure with the current characters. There's so much more that can be done with their development.

There were more than enough loose ends and unused subplots that were never explored or completely fleshed out for the writers to make at least one more entertaining season.

Jackson5050

[13]Oct 29, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I'm torn. I don't want a fourth season concerning the gAang, however I do what the idea itself to continue. I know that if this new season is miraculously a success that Avatar will be stronger than ever. But, on the other side, is it really worth risking what we have right now?
    You are torn because you are not a true Avatard. A true Avatard would advocate a fourth season. No, this is not a case of "no true Scotsman."

Phantomair

[14]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    i voted.

Hopefully it will come back.

sonjayRJskillz

[15]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 5

Isn't ANYONE satisfied with Avatar's ending?

I don't really think the remaining questions need to be answered, but then again...anything Avatar would be great.

Lol...We're like drug addicts, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!

Hehe...can't get enough Ava-acid.

ThisCrazyGuy

[16]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 8

I agree with Isabel. I want the story of the Avatar to go on, but not Aang's story...

They should do the show about a DIFFERENT Avatar... I know people don't think it would be the same, but I personally think Bryke could pull it off.

FrigginGodess

[17]Oct 29, 2008
    Look, here's the thing; Avatar is alredy OVER! My plot device was rather about a girl which no one knows, and their related to Haruhi Suzumiya.

*sigh* But, I don't think we should evern have a season 4. It'll be boring, and only one question will be answered.

MarryLarry

[18]Oct 29, 2008

FrigginGodess wrote:
    Look, here's the thing; Avatar is alredy OVER! My plot device was rather about a girl which no one knows, and their related to Haruhi Suzumiya. *sigh* But, I don't think we should evern have a season 4. It'll be boring, and only one question will be answered.

You must be able to see the future then to know it will be boring. That or a limited imagination. I can think of at least a dozen more things the writers could easily whip up out of thin air or tie into other subplots.

As for villains, you got Koh, Long Feng, the remaining Dai Li, the Rough Rhinos, dissident military officials, or someone completely new.

legersem

[19]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 20

OK, there are a couple things which come to mind after reading Jake's post. The first is: Heck yeah! A new season of Avatar would have me so pumped, even if I have to wait a year or so for it to come out! There were several things which could have been covered in a new season: Zuko's mother, resolving the issue with Toph's parents (you know, Hawky never did come back...he probably got eaten by a giant shark-vulture or something...), FINDING SOME AIR NOMADS, the possibilities are limitless in that world. For those of you who haven't read the thread, I would suggest reading a thread about the Dark Avatar made by Gantros a while back. The parallels he drew between his theories and the show were amazing and, though it would have to be re-worked now that the show has been completed, it could totally work. It is definitely worth checking out.

The second thing I thought was that there would be a problem with the new season of Avatar. I know that there are a few of you who would scoff that I'm not a true Avatard, but believe me, I am. The problem is that Bryke planned for Sozin's Comet to be the end, and have ever since the beginning. The concluding scene (Kataang all the way!) was complete and was meant to be that way, if a new season were to crop up, there would have to be scenes where Katara and Aang share intimate moments and that was one thing that the show never truly focused on, and they were able to do this very well as none of the Gaang were in relationships, and so the romance was kept relatively low-key. Also, unless they come up with a stellar new villain (*cough*Dark Avatar*cough*), the fourth season just simply wouldn't be as interesting. Koh, Long Feng, Dai Li agents, etc. would only be good for one or two episodes at best. The good thing about the previous three seasons was that the Fire Nation was always there as a driving force, even when seperate villains from the Earth Kingdom presented themselves in season 2. My final unfortunate point is that Bryke actually did the right thing ending it while it was at its best. Seriously, would any true Avatard want the series to end on a bad season? I think not. The truth is, look at how you reacted to the possibility of a fourth season. Would you react the same way to the possibility of a fifth season? A sixth? I think the answer would be yes. Avatar ended on the best note that it could: sending it further would be an injustice to the show we all loved so much. The ending of Avatar simply reflected the aspects of real life: sometimes not all the questions get answered, but you need to move on. Hopefully, a new show will crop up in the next few years that will replace the hole left by the ending of Avatar. Don't get me wrong, I will whole-heartedly support a new season of Avatar, but not with the zest that a lot of you guys are for these reasons.

FireLordZuko93

[20]Oct 30, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:

I'm with Isabel on this. I've been against a forth season becuase i didn't want it be be like spongebob...never ending boring episodes..(not that i'm saying avatar is boring) Part of the reason i like avatar is BECAUSE it ended. It had a freakin awesome finale that you don't get to see with most shows.
    I would love a spinoff though becuase i, like pretty much everyone else, want new episodes to obsess over