We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Future

Jackson5050

[21]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 12
    Maybe you should leave and go to the Sponge Bob boards...before something unfortunate happens.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sonjayRJskillz

[22]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 5

That sentence just put a bad taste in my mouth

Please. Never again...

FrigginGodess

[23]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 22
    People. Look. You will NEVER get a 4th season! There is no way to get a 4th season! Guys... look, I appreciatte your kind partrignadge to the show, but I don't think the 4th season thing is underrway. Besides, there are MORE shows you can watch. Not just Avatar.

I think all shows are the same thing; shows.

shadowysea07

[24]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 25
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I'm torn. I don't want a fourth season concerning the gAang, however I do what the idea itself to continue. I know that if this new season is miraculously a success that Avatar will be stronger than ever. But, on the other side, is it really worth risking what we have right now?
    You are torn because you are not a true Avatard. A true Avatard would advocate a fourth season. No, this is not a case of "no true Scotsman."
    um you don't get to declare who is or isn't a true fan. I love avatar and i have alot of continuation ideas but fact is its done. You have to accept the fact that the creators want it over and don't plan on continuing. They have said they want to do a spinoff but otherwise no matter how many petitions you do its their decision. And unlike pooldude I accept that.

shadowysea07

[25]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 25
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I'm torn. I don't want a fourth season concerning the gAang, however I do what the idea itself to continue. I know that if this new season is miraculously a success that Avatar will be stronger than ever. But, on the other side, is it really worth risking what we have right now?

I'm with Isabel on this. I've been against a forth season becuase i didn't want it be be like spongebob...never ending boring episodes..(not that i'm saying avatar is boring) Part of the reason i like avatar is BECAUSE it ended. It had a freakin awesome finale that you don't get to see with most shows.
    I would love a spinoff though becuase i, like pretty much everyone else, want new episodes to obsess over
    basically you don't want it to be like one piece over 400 eps and no end in site. I wouldn't mind it if avatar had 100 eps. but once you go so far you lose sight of what you first wanted. Naruto would be Hokage and Luffy would be king of the pirates already if they buckled down and stopped going on sidequests.

FrigginGodess

[26]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 22
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    FireLordZuko93 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

I'm with Isabel on this. I've been against a forth season becuase i didn't want it be be like spongebob...never ending boring episodes..(not that i'm saying avatar is boring) Part of the reason i like avatar is BECAUSE it ended. It had a freakin awesome finale that you don't get to see with most shows.
    I would love a spinoff though becuase i, like pretty much everyone else, want new episodes to obsess over
    basically you don't want it to be like one piece over 400 eps and no end in site. I wouldn't mind it if avatar had 100 eps. but once you go so far you lose sight of what you first wanted. Naruto would be Hokage and Luffy would be king of the pirates already if they buckled down and stopped going on sidequests.

Well, I wanted Avatar to only get ONE storyline. Most of them are rather fillers, thanks to the overload of characters. It seems it could just be one season.

Jackson5050

[27]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 12
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    You are torn because you are not a true Avatard. A true Avatard would advocate a fourth season. No, this is not a case of "no true Scotsman."
    um you don't get to declare who is or isn't a true fan. I love avatar and i have alot of continuation ideas but fact is its done. You have to accept the fact that the creators want it over and don't plan on continuing. They have said they want to do a spinoff but otherwise no matter how many petitions you do its their decision. And unlike pooldude I accept that.
    Yes, I do make those decisions...and I am close to deciding on you. Please, do not force me to make a decision hastily and without much reflection.

MarryLarry

[28]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 11

Everyone, settle down. This isn't about who's a true believer or who's a skeptic.

If you're interested in seeing any kind of continuation, vote at Pooldude's site to show your support.

If you're not interested, then don't vote and feel free to explain why. But refrain from making crude comments about this being pointless. Not only is that false, but it's also a major kill-joy.

Personally, I'd be happy if the Abridged series ever concluded.

Alpha1Niner

[29]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TKIGClhF9k

sonjayRJskillz

[30]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 5

Jackson5050 wrote:
    shadowysea07 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Yes, I do make those decisions...and I am close to deciding on you. Please, do not force me to make a decision hastily and without much reflection.

Heil Hitler!

tawn11

[31]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 3

Ive been pondering on this topic for quite some time now. If we get a new season, I believe that would be much better than a spin off, as how the original post says it. But, that would defeat the purpose of Avatar, which is to defeat the Firelord. Something more than that would just be a little too much. So, if we do a spin off with new characters and new storyline, that would be good, it wouldnt spoil our originals with Aang, Katara Sokka etc..., however I believe it wont really live up to what the original Avatar would be. Either making a fourth season or making a spin off, Im not so sure it would really upgrade the Avatar franchise in any way. Harry Potter had up to seven books, but the main purpose was to defeat the dark wizard of all times. Creating a new book such as, the dark lord returned from the dead, or making a new spin off, just wouldnt satisfy me enough.

I dont know, I guess all good things come to an end.

Spazdog

[32]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    more Azula=Win