We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

DrAvatar's Official Avatar Withdrawal Syndrome Clinic Is Open

Do you support this thread?

PhoenixAngel37

[101]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 22
    fudgemonkey10 wrote:
    I have completely been holding back any kind of emotion on the show ending. Although every now and then I've caught myself trying to burst into tears, but have held back. I've even been writing my own season 4 since the finale. Are those part of AWS?
    Yes, yes. However, you have been treating your AMS very well. I recommend ATLA AMVS.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Teranef

[103]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    Teranef wrote:

I have the cure for AWS. It's not gonna be easy, though.

We must open your final chakra. It is so mysterious that's it's name and location are unknown. It deals with . . . well we don't know what it deals with either.

Your final chukra is blocked by Avatar attachment. Meditate on what attaches you to Avatar.

Now, let all of those attatchments go. Let them flow down the river, forgotten.

-_-' I hate you right now.
    lol, why?

You must learn to let go. In order to master your Avatar state. you must open all the chukras. Surrender yourself.

Edited on 07/22/2008 11:48am

paoros16

[104]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 16
    Teranef wrote:
    Teranef wrote:

We must open your final chakra. It is so mysterious that's it's name and location are unknown. It deals with . . . well we don't know what it deals with either.

Your final chukra is blocked by Avatar attachment. Meditate on what attaches you to Avatar.

lol, why?

You must learn to let go. In order to master your Avatar state. you must open all the chukras. Surrender yourself.

I will try but wait we still have to wait for the final DVD to come out (races to the nearest store and waits till it comes out)

kamzts

[105]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 7
    I was so depressed Sunday but im slowly recovering. That was one awesome finale!! I heard there was going to be like some extra stuff in the season 3 box set but that sucks because i already own all the volumes in seasone 3 besides volume 4 so im not buying the box set maybe ill be able to find any extra videos online.

tomtitan

[106]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 19
    Hello, my name is Tomtitan, and I have an Avatar problem.

Teranef

[107]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    *crowd in unison* HIIIIIII TOMTITAN!

tomtitan

[108]Jul 22, 2008
    Thankyou. Thankyou all. It was very difficult to come here. For so long I've had this obsession with Avatar, but I'm here to get over it.

AceofSpades572

[109]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    I think that the dorr was left wide open for an epolog show were Zuko KSA and finds his mother.

kamzts

[110]Jul 22, 2008

Im wondering about hawky. Also it looked like the gaang were living in the earth kingdom or maybe they just travel the world. That would be cool if there was a beach party episode that took place on ember island. Not like the beach ep though but similar to the one they started till zuko ruined it in sozin's comet.

OrangeOctopi

[111]Jul 28, 2008
    I'm starting to get over it, although I'm sure I'll go through it all again when that little slow area of my mind finnally registers the fact that it's over. I'm bracing myself for it. Still quoting Sokka like my life depends on it.

Dafoose

[112]Jul 28, 2008
    Teranef wrote:
    Teranef wrote:

lol, why?

LOL! It's chakras.

I'll be here. At least you found somebody you have something in common with.

Edited on 07/28/2008 7:24pm

EmoHaruno

[113]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 11

I'm majorly depressed right now.

Anyone have any cookies/happy music/anything that will cheer me up???

sharpguard

[114]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    I dont know if this counts as AWS.I was dissapointed by the finale.Instead of learning that justice is hard and takes sacrifice,we learn some spiritual stuff that is either just false words or too deep to understand in possibly thousands of years.Its like trying to make up a scientific fact with no proof or talking to a man in a language he neverI learned absolutely nothing from this.I am begining to lose hope.Whether this is AWS or not I need guidance.

slumshoes

[115]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    Hello people in Rehab. I too have an Avatar Withdrawal Problem. I was an anime addict and a hardcore gamer before but had to stop one fateful day. Since then all I had left was Harry Potter and Avatar but the former ended last year and now Avatar. I was greatly dissapointed on Brykes Comic con Book 4 spoof, way to crush my enthusiasm guys....Now this withdrawal had created a void in my heart and is making me search the net of any Avatar related stuff, especially in booter-freak's and rufftoon's account in deviantArt. On top of that, I make Avatar GIF's of my favorite scenes of the series, hoping I would get over this great yet underappreciated show (but it doesn't seem to be working). Sigh, then I'll make more GIF's then....

Dafoose

[116]Jul 28, 2008
    EmoHaruno wrote:

Maybe an epic win will cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

DrAvatar

[117]Jul 28, 2008
    EmoHaruno wrote:

I have plenty of COOKIES. You may have some if you wish.

LondonParisNYC

[118]Jul 28, 2008
    DrAvatar wrote:
    EmoHaruno wrote:

I have plenty of COOKIES. You may have some if you wish.

I have some drugs =p

Axrendale

[119]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 10

sharpguard wrote:
    I dont know if this counts as AWS.I was dissapointed by the finale.Instead of learning that justice is hard and takes sacrifice,we learn some spiritual stuff that is either just false words or too deep to understand in possibly thousands of years.Its like trying to make up a scientific fact with no proof or talking to a man in a language he neverI learned absolutely nothing from this.I am begining to lose hope.Whether this is AWS or not I need guidance.

The message that the finale gave us should not have been too hard to understand. My suggestion to you is to by the dvd. Also, if you haven't already done so, buy all dvds. Watch the entire series from begining to end, finishing with the finale. If it helps, also watch some of the more epic avatar trailers and whatnot on the internet (some of the are really great). If, afater you have done all this, you still cannot see and appreciate the message of Avatar the last Airbender, come back here and I'll tell you what to do then.

Axrendale

[120]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 10

tomtitan wrote:
    Thankyou. Thankyou all. It was very difficult to come here. For so long I've had this obsession with Avatar, but I'm here to get over it.

Here's my solution: Don't get over it. Even if you do not feel the same obsession for Avatar that you once did, make sure that you always keep a special spot in your heart for the series. Buy the dvds and/or box set, watch Avatar on tv when you have nothing to do, look forward to the movies, come here/the refuge every now and then to catch up on the news, etc.