We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

DrAvatar's Official Avatar Withdrawal Syndrome Clinic Is Open

Do you support this thread?

xXKarisuXx

[181]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    I keep having dreams that I'm watching those minisodes, and I wake up very depressed. Do you think I should buy all three season box sets, or wait and see if they come out with some sicknasty 3-season boxarooni?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jackson5050

[182]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    xXKarisuXx wrote:
    I keep having dreams that I'm watching those minisodes, and I wake up very depressed. Do you think I should buy all three season box sets, or wait and see if they come out with some sicknasty 3-season boxarooni?
    If you enjoy listening to the commentaries, then I would purchase the three box sets. Sure, Books One and Two could have used more commentaries, but Book Three does okay in terms of quantity. As you can probably surmise, I love listening to audio commentaries.

fudgemonkey10

[183]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    It may seem odd to begin a story with an ending, but this is the ending of a lifetime. You probably guessed this right. A few months ago, on Saturday, July 19th, 2008, at 8 pm eastern standard time, the show Avatar: the Last Airbender, came to an end. About three months ago, Sozin's Comet aired world-wide. To commemorate this occasion, I viewed Book 3 on DVD. This was, most unfortunately, my first mistake. When I began to watch "The Awakening", I felt just a bit uneasy, as I had barely watched any Avatar since the finale. But I pressed on. Eventually, I reached "The Day of Black Sun". I was happy to be watching my favorite show again. But my joy was short lived, because, not much later, I reached the last episode, "Sozin's Comet". For the first time in my life, I was...AFRAID, to watch Avatar, of ALL things! For five days, I kept myself from hitting the PLAY button. I didn't want to feel the pain I had experienced when the episode aired on tv. Not again. But I forced myself to watch it. And now, I do feel something. But it's all that I feel; depression. For a while, I denied the ending of Avatar, searching for something; anything to reassure myself that there was more to come. But I came up with nothing, and I got mad. Really, REALLY mad. Although I mostly hid it, I lashed out at things that I didn't agree with. I found, or even made reasons to take my anger out on other people. Now, I'm just depressed. I have anxiety, stress, and sometimes even physical aches and pains from this. I think I might be getting a very serious case of Avatar Withdrawal Syndrome. I haven't felt it until now. I've tried to deal with it, writing fanfiction, watching episodes, anything Avatar related. But it only makes it more painful. Even worse, the more I try to forget about Avatar, the more I think of it, and the more excruciating it gets. I can't take my mind off it, no matter what I do. All I can think of, is Avatar. DrAvatar, if you're out there, I think I have a very, VERY, serious problem.