We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Do you think Prince Zuko was really evil?

Cait_x

[41]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    something9 wrote:
    yogi_tulsii wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    MarryLarry wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Zuko is not, was not, and will never be evil. His actions weren't because he wanted to capture Aang, but because he wanted his father's love back. Zuko was desperate and did whatever he could. Remember, Zuko was still a child when he was banished. He didn't understand what he was told to do. Zuko was simply trying to get back a father's love he never had.

That sounds a lot like what street punks say so the jury will sympathize with them and reduce their sentence. "I'm just a product of my environment. Blame my parents!"

Regardless of the reason, he still did bad things. Sure he made up for it, but you shouldn't be making excuses for his previous transgressions.

Yeah but their parents didn't take a blow touch to their face.

You sure about that? There are real parents out there that've done far worse.

And I'm not saying the guy's evil. But he has done bad things for selfish reasons. And he made those choices on his own.

You're right about that. There are worse cases out there, and the children learn to live fruitful and great lives. But Zuko also learned to live a fruitful and great life. The children made some mistakes when they were just freed from their parents, but they learnt, just like Zuko. Making mistakes is human nature. Frankly, if I had been in his position I would have done the same thing.

I agree. That's why I really like Zuko as a character, because he makes both good and bad choices, but they are very human and some of which I would have also done.

To say he is evil is untrue. The only "evil" character, in my opinion, is Ozai. I wouldn't even call Azula evil, especially after seeing the finale.

I agree as well. I also don't think he was ever "evil" but I think he was lost. Thats the word lol. He didn't know his destiny until Ozai shoved it in his face. He really has gone through the most character development. Zuko has Iroh to mostly to thank for this. Iroh has always told Zuko to think before he acts. I think Ozai and Azula and the rest of the royal family have confused him after his mother died. They told him never to betray the Fire Nation to always be good etc. He took after his mum xD

I also agree that Ozai was probably the only evil one. Azula was pushed into her destiny by Ozai as well. If Ozai wasnt around she'd probably be really nice.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

microwave234

[42]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    No he isn't evil. Just a confused boy going through life...
    Edited on 09/15/2008 1:13pm

isabelwhatx

[43]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    microwave234 wrote:

Exactly. Zuko himself isn't evil. He's just, as stated before, "lost."

Sektos

[44]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 10

From beginning of the show Zuko has shown that he isnt evil and that he is honourable He agreed not to destroy the southern tribe if Aang came with him, and kept his promise J

ust from Season 1-

In flash back to when he was 13 he openly voiced that it was wrong to sacrifice young soldiers that were fighting for their country.

Inep 3 (?) before Zhao fight he openly voiced his opinion that his father was a fool if he thought that the other nations would accept FN rule

Zuko let Zhao not only let Zhao live, but also didnt scar him. And in finale he tried to reach for him to save him despite fact Zhao tried to blow him up

He could have hurt Katara and Sokka to ensure that they couldnt get away in June episode, and Katara for info in Pirate episode. He could have hurt or Killed Katara in FInale to ensure his escape with Aang. And he could have killed Aang in finale meaning he would have had no body to return to and maybe the AV spirit have died in process (not sure there- when he spirit walks and AV state he glows, originally i assumed same thing, but he was able to communicate to Roku and other in s3). This depends on wether he knew killing him in Av state was permanent- im guessing Azula did because she tried in CROD, because otherwise he'd jsut reincarnate

Twice he stopped he quest for the Avatar to ensure others were safe- his Crew in the storm and Iroh in Winter Soltice.

Edited on 09/16/2008 1:34am

shasha2417

[45]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 10

isabelwhatx wrote:
    microwave234 wrote:
    Exactly. Zuko himself isn't evil. He's just, as stated before, "lost."

I know right. Zuko didn't know what he wanted. He had so many things being thrown at him he was in an internal battle with what he really wanted. He is actually a good person at heart.