We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Disciples of the Dragon/OWLs - Read News Section

Spike_Fan_91827

[261]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 15

Thanks for all the help!!!

Well, if I'm doing this right, then my pictures should be inserted. If not, I'll try troubleshooting.

Let's see. . . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and

It was originally just the regular Iroh picture, but when I saw it inverted with flames, I just thought, "Wow, that looks pretty neat." I hope they're satisfactory.

Edited on 11/22/2007 8:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HumbleNewb

[262]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 11
    Those are kind of cool Spike_Fan. A bit hard to read, but I like the pictures. Also, is Spike the character from Cowboy Bebop?

Spike_Fan_91827

[263]Nov 22, 2007

Thanks. I originally made the icons bigger, and at there initial size they were far easier to read (I liked them better that way, but then I remembered the size limit).

And about the name. . . Spike's a character on Buffy, Angel, and in the comics (Yes, I know I'm a huge nerd). I was a huge BTVS fan back in the day.

Edited on 11/22/2007 8:12pm

HumbleNewb

[264]Nov 22, 2007
    Oh! And aren't we all nerds? I know I sure am.

Spike_Fan_91827

[265]Nov 22, 2007

ddendong116

[266]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 12
    HumbleNewb wrote:
    Hey there, Ddendong. Haven't seen you post in a while. You're working hard out there, aren't you?

Haha yea school's bein keepin me busy. Thanks for holding the fort.

ddendong116

[267]Nov 23, 2007
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    Spike_Fan_91827 wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but how do you insert an image to be entered in the contest? I'm not very computer savy.

Step 1) upload your image to an image hosting website. (they have servers u can upload it to free of charge) use Imageshack or Photobucket (phtotobucket requires signing up to upload images, while imageshack does not, both are free to sigh up tho)

Step 2) After u signed up (or are using imageshack) click the upload button, and browe ur computer files for the image that u want to submit. upload it.

Step 3) after that, it will give u url addresses to ur uploaded image, copy the one that says "direct link"

Step 4) Paste that link here, and that's all, ur done

Hint: the link or url address should like something like this: http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1676/disciplereddragonah5.png

this is the one I submitted, i used imagesahck to upload it. Hope that helps.

... What they said.

whiteforest

[268]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 17
    Here are two icons I made-- hopefully they're not too big.

edit: I also tried to make some userbars. It was my first attempt, so they might look a bit crappy ;]

Edited on 11/23/2007 2:42pm

HumbleNewb

[269]Nov 23, 2007

whiteforest wrote:
    Here are two icons I made-- hopefully they're not too big. edit: I also tried to make some userbars. It was my first attempt, so they might look a bit crappy ;]

Ohhh, those are nice. I especially like the third userbar with the three most respected characters of the show, and the lotus tile is a nice touch. Very creative.

edit: the icons may be too big though. the size should be 80x80 or 85x85. all that info is on the first post. i don't know if ddendong will make an exception or not.

Edited on 11/23/2007 4:41pm

_Nalesnik_

[270]Nov 23, 2007
    HumbleNewb wrote:
    whiteforest wrote:
    Here are two icons I made-- hopefully they're not too big. edit: I also tried to make some userbars. It was my first attempt, so they might look a bit crappy ;]

Ohhh, those are nice. I especially like the third userbar with the three most respected characters of the show, and the lotus tile is a nice touch. Very creative.

edit: the icons may be too big though. the size should be 80x80 or 85x85. all that info is on the first post. i don't know if ddendong will make an exception or not.

he accepted mine, and mine was a lot bigger PS: dam, not's not fair, why did whiteforest have to submit an entry too, my chances of winning just plummeted, curse u WF *shakes fist*

whiteforest

[271]Nov 23, 2007
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    HumbleNewb wrote:

he accepted mine, and mine was a lot bigger PS: dam, not's not fair, why did whiteforest have to submit an entry too, my chances of winning just plummeted, curse u WF *shakes fist*

Thanks, guys

Yeah, I just realized that mine are 100x100. Oh noes. But if they're not accepted, I could resize them.
    Edited on 11/23/2007 7:16pm

ddendong116

[272]Nov 23, 2007
    whiteforest wrote:
    _Nalesnik_ wrote:
    HumbleNewb wrote:

Thanks, guys

Yeah, I just realized that mine are 100x100. Oh noes. But if they're not accepted, I could resize them.

The size requirements are just guidelines. if you can make them 85x85, that'd be great. but if you feel they look better bigger, we'll see how it works out.

tomtitan

[273]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 19
    Spike_Fan_91827 wrote:

Well, if I'm doing this right, then my pictures should be inserted. If not, I'll try troubleshooting.

Let's see. . . .

and

It was originally just the regular Iroh picture, but when I saw it inverted with flames, I just thought, "Wow, that looks pretty neat." I hope they're satisfactory.

spelled disciple wrong, sorry, had to point that out, grammar thought police over here.

hey, whiteforest, can you make me a small icon sized sig saying 'grammar thought police' with a pic of dai li in background? i know i should use the correct thread and i apologise to ddengdeong, but please?

ddendong116

[274]Nov 24, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:
    Spike_Fan_91827 wrote:

Let's see. . . .

and

spelled disciple wrong, sorry, had to point that out, grammar thought police over here.

hey, whiteforest, can you make me a small icon sized sig saying 'grammar thought police' with a pic of dai li in background? i know i should use the correct thread and i apologise to ddengdeong, but please?

its ok an owl must be able to forgive.

whiteforest

[275]Nov 24, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:

Sure :]

How's this?

raienbrasa

[276]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    whiteforest wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:

How's this?

Hehehe, it's spelled grammAr.

tomtitan

[277]Nov 25, 2007
    raienbrasa wrote:
    whiteforest wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:

How's this?

would be hippocritic walking around with a spelling mistake correcting people's grammar, wouldn't it!

Human04

[278]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 6
    Hey everyone! This is a really awsome thread! I think what your doing is really great. I love the icons and i really hope this will go well!

whiteforest

[279]Nov 25, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:
    raienbrasa wrote:
    would be hippocritic walking around with a spelling mistake correcting people's grammar, wouldn't it!

Wow.

I meant to put this. Really.

Edited on 11/25/2007 9:09am

tomtitan

[280]Nov 25, 2007
    whiteforest wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    raienbrasa wrote:

Wow.

I meant to put this. Really.

no need, i fix'd it myself!