We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Best season - Round 1.4 (Southern Air Temple vs. The Swamp vs. Sokka's Master)

Which is the best?

tawn11

[41]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    The Southern Air Temple. As much as I really liked Return to Omashu and The Painted Lady, the southern air temple had a really dark mood to it and it was very emotional. Finding out all those bones and skeletons was just bad enough.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[42]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    tawn11 wrote:
    The Southern Air Temple. As much as I really liked Return to Omashu and The Painted Lady, the southern air temple had a really dark mood to it and it was very emotional. Finding out all those bones and skeletons was just bad enough.

I agree. I liked how Katara was trying to protect Aang. It was also our first glimpse at Aang losing control.

hotangelcrazy

[43]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 2

I'd have to go with Return to Omashu because I loved seeing Mai and Ty Lee join Azula. I also liked seeing Bumi again.

Jackson5050

[44]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 12

Episode 2-3 will win because it means business...

FireLordZuko93

[45]Aug 23, 2008
    I'm going with Return of Omashu. I liked RTO cause it is the first time we see Mai and Ty Lee in action. And we get to see Bumi again. Next would be the Painted Lady, which was a more interesting filler. Not alot happened in the Southern Air Temple. And i never understood the whole statues lighting up thing. Everyone was so surprised when the did but this was the second time Aang went into the Avatar State. So wouldn't they have lite up the first time?

MasterBender

[46]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    I vote the Southern Air Temple. It had one of the most awesome fights of the season, introduced Zhao, and was very emotional when Aang found Gyatso's skeleton.

FireLordZuko93- I've always wondered that as well. Maybe it was because Aang went into the Avatar State because of emotion, not danger?

Axrendale

[47]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    It should be remembered that in 102 Aang did not make much use of the Avatar State. The waterbending he pulled off was something that any capable waterbender would do - he really wasn't making much use of his powers. His antics in 103 were more intense.

MarryLarry

[48]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    Shouldn't this thread be retitled "Best Episode" since that's what people are voting for?
    Edited on 08/23/2008 4:22pm

kratosgod69

[49]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    That's what I'll call it after the first round. As of now, they're deciding the best episode of every season... The one with the most wins, and then next round once I MIX IT UP, I'll call it best episode.

libraman_92

[50]Aug 24, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    That's what I'll call it after the first round. As of now, they're deciding the best episode of every season... The one with the most wins, and then next round once I MIX IT UP, I'll call it best episode.

you know, kratosgod, you're going to be real mad once we get to the last 3 episodes of the first season and they aren't picked for best episode (well, because season 2 finale and season 3 finale are much better than the first, for obvious reasons).

ThisCrazyGuy

[51]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    Southern Air Temple for me aswell. It was the beginning of Katara being there for Aang when he was in The Avatar State and the beginning of Katara being the only person capable of snapping Aang out of it.

libraman_92

[52]Aug 24, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    Southern Air Temple for me aswell. It was the beginning of Katara being there for Aang when he was in The Avatar State and the beginning of Katara being the only person capable of snapping Aang out of it.

Return to Omashu. It showed Azula's capability.

Jackson5050

[53]Aug 24, 2008
    When we get to the finales...that will be epic. All three finales were awesome and I cannot wait till the vote. Remember, do not post which finale is your favorite after this post...we still have to wait for the vote!

libraman_92

[54]Aug 24, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    When we get to the finales...that will be epic. All three finales were awesome and I cannot wait till the vote. Remember, do not post which finale is your favorite after this post...we still have to wait for the vote!

good save. anyways, this poll really has only one winner: Return to Omashu. It was important, it showed that Azula was capable of disastrous things.

[55]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    is there gonna be a new poll soon for us to vote on the fourth episode???

isabelwhatx

[56]Sep 1, 2008
    libraman_92 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

good save. anyways, this poll really has only one winner: Return to Omashu. It was important, it showed that Azula was capable of disastrous things.

The Southern Air Temple was very important as well. It showed Aang's feelings towards losing his family. It showed us he wasn't just a lost kid, but a kid with emotional turmoil and horrible problems. It also was the first in line of many of Aang's guilt trips. I think Omashu was only good for Azula, but even then we didn't get to learn a lot about her. TSAT taught us a lot about both Katara, Aang, and Sokka. We learned that Katara is a motherly figure by trying to protect Aang AND we learned how closely her and Aang really connected when Katara embraced him after his Avatar state attack WOOSH. We learned things about Aang (that I've mentioned above). We also learned things about Sokka. Sokka was all for telling Aang, and that told us a lot about his personality. Him and his sister are somewhat opposites, and this was the first time we got to see it. I would type more but I need to work on an essay. CIAO!

libraman_92

[57]Sep 1, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    libraman_92 wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:

The Southern Air Temple was very important as well. It showed Aang's feelings towards losing his family. It showed us he wasn't just a lost kid, but a kid with emotional turmoil and horrible problems. It also was the first in line of many of Aang's guilt trips. I think Omashu was only good for Azula, but even then we didn't get to learn a lot about her. TSAT taught us a lot about both Katara, Aang, and Sokka. We learned that Katara is a motherly figure by trying to protect Aang AND we learned how closely her and Aang really connected when Katara embraced him after his Avatar state attack WOOSH. We learned things about Aang (that I've mentioned above). We also learned things about Sokka. Sokka was all for telling Aang, and that told us a lot about his personality. Him and his sister are somewhat opposites, and this was the first time we got to see it. I would type more but I need to work on an essay. CIAO!

return to omashu showed bumi's power, aang's friendship, and azula's killer accuracy (gah! azula rox!!) without it, azula would've never gotten to chase aang, and therefore wouldn't have killed aang (supposedly, remember) and wouldn't have made zuko remorse and therefore join aang, ultimately leading up to her demise.

isabelwhatx

[58]Sep 1, 2008
    Bumi's power didn't play a key factor in the rest of the series. Knowing him and his power didn't contribute a whole to the overall show. We already knew how strong Aang's friendships were from TSAT because of his relationship with Giatsu. Although the episode introduced Azula as a serious threat, that doesn't make it any better than TSAT, it just makes it a worthy opponent. Zuko didn't regret killing Aang. In fact, he knew he didn't and sent someone else to kill Aang. He felt remorseful because he didn't like his new life and he had been lying to himself.

zuko_thebeast

[59]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    southern air temple without a doubt zuko vs. zhao = classic

Cyberdramon1995

[60]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 4
    The southern air temple; i get chills every time Aang says "Gyatso..." and breaks down crying.