We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

CrimsonCy

[21]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 7

MarryLarry wrote:
    Both are synonymous with /facepalm so it's easy to get the two confused every now and then. In this case, n00b is probably more appropriate.

but trolls are more handsome D:

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

silverfoxy8472

[22]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 14

1) gilvatar thank you for what you said.

2) NOW considering this is my thread let me lay down my rules we are all polite here. we are here for INTELLIGENT debate and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL we are NOT TO BE INSULTING TO EACH OTHER if you seek to be insulting then stay out of this thread.

edmasterchaos

[23]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 41
    So....

It's obvious that to an extent Zuko is paralel to Aang, it's been hinted a lot, he can bring political peace as Aang uses him Magic Kung-Fu to save the day in a traditional way, yet, considering him a type of 'Avatar' is just silly, he's a man who after many troubles has understood a lot and has changed enough to be considered worthy of leading the most powerful nation toward peace, as Aang does his Avatar duties to help him.

gilvatar

[24]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 17
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

1) gilvatar thank you for what you said.

2) NOW considering this is my thread let me lay down my rules we are all polite here. we are here for INTELLIGENT debate and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL we are NOT TO BE INSULTING TO EACH OTHER if you seek to be insulting then stay out of this thread.

ur welcome and u seem new so I'm going to give u tips. tip#1: don't be too controling w/ ur threads.

tip #2: choose you're words carefully. I see what you're saying. Zuko's kind of doing what the avatar does by trying to bring the nations 2gether. by using the word version you're implying that he is an avatar too which he is not.

silverfoxy8472

[25]Jul 7, 2009

1) gilvatar no i am not new

2) for thr 100th time i am NOT saying he is THE avatar JUST A VERSION of it THERE IS ONLY ONE AVATAR but the way they played zuko they came close to breaking the one avatar a generation rule in my opinion.

Teamrat

[27]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

1) gilvatar no i am not new

2) for thr 100th time i am NOT saying he is THE avatar JUST A VERSION of it THERE IS ONLY ONE AVATAR but the way they played zuko they came close to breaking the one avatar a generation rule in my opinion.

Dude your totally right. If you really think about it Zuko is like a different version of oh man I'm sorry, I just couldn't say it without laughing. can I have some of what your on?

_Flutterlight_

[28]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    FACT: If being related to an Avatar and having influence made you a sort of Avatar, then there would be a million "Avatars" running around.

FACT: If there were a million "Avatars" running around, the war Sozen started would have ended a LOT sooner.

FACT: The war did not end until the real Avatar, Aang, showed up.

FACT: Zuko can't be any sort of "Avatar".

MarryLarry

[29]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 11

I believe the TC is confusing the word 'version' as a synonym for 'similar.'

Aang and Zuko are very similar; the writers made that rather obvious. They're also different in many ways. They are not, however, two versions of each other.

/?endtopic?

edmasterchaos

[30]Jul 7, 2009
    MarryLarry wrote:

I believe the TC is confusing the word 'version' as a synonym for 'similar.'

Aang and Zuko are very similar; the writers made that rather obvious. They're also different in many ways. They are not, however, two versions of each other.

/?endtopic?

If only, if only.

silverfoxy8472

[31]Jul 10, 2009

rule #1 here keep it constructiive

rule #2 if you can not keep rule one you don't belong in this thread sorry if i come off as unfriendly but i have had enoiugh with ppl like teamrat it is a debate a disucssion a whatever but not a place to razz the maker of the thread.

1) teamrat dude/dudette whatever you are if you have NOTHING constructive to say GET OUT OF MY THREAD PERIOD.

2) flutterflight 1) no there wouldn't be zuko has a ONE IN A MILLION BLOODLINE things like him come along MAYBE once a generation if that, 2) you argue in favor of all set up and then make a waaaay out there statement like that? obvious there is a reason only the avatar could learn all four elements WITHOUT the avatar state but then again there is ALWAYS a reason behind the chosen wether one or many(a small group) 3) i agree with the fact that ONLY aang could PROPERLY end the war BUT that is witin the contaxt that is the proper way to lets not be stupid it is the framework that's all but that is besides the point 4) i have never called zuko AN AVATAR but a verison of the avatar a) his bloodline as i said is ONCE A GEN IF THAT b) aang may have been the only one to truly and properly end it but look at what zuko got from his banishment BUT even without aang the line of succession would have eventually led to an Agni Kai between zuko and Azula and zuko would've returned from his banshiment after his father's death with the amount of wisdom of his journey it just would have led to war being a LITTLE longer and millions more dying but within the structure of the series it couldn't have happened that way. 5) so YES Zuko is a VERSION of the avatar able to bring about peace to the world by assuming the throne nbut could ONLY do it with aang's help.

3)MarryLarry hmmm you maybe right i have probably been phrasing it wrong i appreciate that constructive criticism thank you.

4) edmasterofchaos i think marrylarry is right i have been phrasing it wrong a simple addition or deletion of a word can change the entire meaning of a sentence But of course being an intelligent person you know that don't you because i know within this thread no one is stupid so i assume everyone is intelligent enough to see new point of views.

5) gilvatar yes i agree i have been sloppy with my phrasing in this and i admit to my mistake so by using the word SIMILAR it might be a bit easier and make this thread well friendlier.

Edited on 07/10/2009 5:53am

edmasterchaos

[32]Jul 10, 2009
    If Aang wasn't there, the world would be at war, even if Zuko had somehow managed to defeat all foes, there would be civil wars, the peace Zuko invisioned would never come and society would eventually die in fire, rock and water. Aang was the only way to bring peace, Zuko is an add-on to help it all ease in, if it weren't for him, Iroh would had taken control over the FN which would seem too much like a vengance, thus causing conflicts, plus he wanted to just relax rather than continue with those hardships.

_Flutterlight_

[33]Jul 10, 2009
    I think my points were pretty well grounded in reality. Zuko's the Avatar's grandson, right? Then that means that during the course of the war, Avatar Kyoshi's kids/grandkids could have been alive in the Earth Kingdom. So would Avatar Roku's kids, and maybe even Avatar Kurak's grandkids/great grandkids.

That leaves a lot of sort of "Avatars" running around during the war, all of whom would have been taught about the importance of peace and keeping the world in balance, and most likely experianced things similar to Zuko.

If what you said was true, then why didn't any of those guys help restore balance to the world?

Oh, and Silverfoxey, you can't exactly make up rules for a thread, because there's no way to enforce them unless you're a mod. Plus, taking out your anger on the people who haven't been razzing you just makes you look bad.

silverfoxy8472

[34]Jul 22, 2009

*sighs* well two responses.

1)edmasterofchaos gilvatar is right i have chosen my words poorly zuko and the avatar are similar and you are right that point because iroh said even if he killed ozai it would seem like to history just a brother killing a brother to take power more senseless violence and death but zuko was a NECESSARY part of the peaceful end of the war as iroh said as well someone who is an idealist someone of impeccable honor needs to take the throne essentailly someone who is considered a traitor by ozai and azula who is ever daddy's little girl not to mention ends up psychotic and i don't just mean her behavior through out the series thought that helps the case severely but she passed as as intense not psycho in societies she visited even if hated. so zuko was NECESSARY BUT thought it might've SEEMED like vengence coming from zuko it wouldn't be but again zuko by that time realized his destny was to help the avatar but WITHOUT him the avatar's matery OF ALL FOUR ELEMENTS would've been IMPOSSIBLE at the western air temple toph said fact is "we can't think of a single person in the world to do the job and one shows up on our door step and you won't even consider it!!!?" because they were not going to encounter jeong jeong again anytime soon if ever so they needed to find another firebender to help with matering firebending the poing being is he was ABSOLUTELY necessary to master the four elements.

2) Flutterlight two points 1) how many generations do you wish to go back HOW MANY STORIES do you wish they did?this would've made the series unfocused and probably made its down fall rather than getting to it natural end. 2) EVERYONE was doing their part to win the war i am willing to bet that even though UNREVEALED were doing their part in FACT within each of the nations with maybe a few exceptions the most charasmatic ones were the grandchildren or great grand children of the avatars but it is JUST A THEORY

_Flutterlight_

[35]Jul 22, 2009
    Woooooow... I sugest you read my post again, because you clearly didn't understand any of it.

You said that zuko's grandfather, (the Avatar), makes Zuko a sort of Avatar. I said, that if that's true, then thanks to the long life spans of Avatar Characters, (Bumi being at least 112), Avatar Kyoshi's grand-kids and maybe even children should be alive too. If you count the entire course of Sozens war, there should have been at least a dozen decendants of Avatars running around.

My point was, that these decendants, who presumably would have had lessons similar to Zuko's about the balance of the world, did not do anything to help end the war. If your theory was true, these decendants would have done something to help out, because they would be a sort of "Avatar". But they didn't, so therefore, they, and Zuko, are not sorts of "Avatars.

If they were helping with the war, Bryke would have made an episode about it. It wouldn't be "unrevealed", because when there's a backstory, the writers turn it into more episodes to make their show and paychecks longer.

Why do you think Naruto's so darn long?

silverfoxy8472

[36]Jul 24, 2009

*sighs* only one response

1)flutterlight no i got your post perfectly i am saying the kids who were the descendants who were not looked into were amongst the ppl in the resistances and war efforts quite possibly leaders but not visible leaders who helped the visible leaders that is what i am saying that means yes kyoshi's grand kids may have been alive and maybe even one of them may have been in the spotlight(suki POSSIBLY) as for the path and time of Sozin's comet well i don't know about a dozen grandkids of the avatars i don't think parents have that many kids for the most part and yes they would stay unrevealed BECAUSE too many stories too many generations going back anf frankly how many stories do you think they could've done all the stories it would've made the series unfoucsed and all over the place that would've been bad for the series.

edmasterchaos

[37]Jul 24, 2009
    To be completely fair, Jeong Jeong could have easily takent Zuko's place, but that wouldn't have been as good, Bryke said, "We COULD use Jeong Jeong, but won't, Zuko is a hero, Jeong Jeong is not going to show up" he was in plot box, in-story, it was possible for them to find Jeong Jeong, but mike and bryan said "No, they cannnot fund them"

Zuko makes good leader for nation cuz he is a good guy, there are other good guys, i know he is the best, but, others wouldn't do very badly, plus, there is a good portion of the FN who was against the Fire Lord Ozai.

So... now i am convinced Zuko is not 100% essential to the series, he is a huge role and all, but he is not truly that special in the end, other Men, normal, morally correct men could do the same that he did politically, all hail the average man, of which the world is created, of which rules the world the godly avatar may protect, a human fist that may still carry more heart and force than the avatar first.

_Flutterlight_

[38]Jul 24, 2009
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    To be completely fair, Jeong Jeong could have easily takent Zuko's place, but that wouldn't have been as good, Bryke said, "We COULD use Jeong Jeong, but won't, Zuko is a hero, Jeong Jeong is not going to show up" he was in plot box, in-story, it was possible for them to find Jeong Jeong, but mike and bryan said "No, they cannnot fund them"

Zuko makes good leader for nation cuz he is a good guy, there are other good guys, i know he is the best, but, others wouldn't do very badly, plus, there is a good portion of the FN who was against the Fire Lord Ozai.

So... now i am convinced Zuko is not 100% essential to the series, he is a huge role and all, but he is not truly that special in the end, other Men, normal, morally correct men could do the same that he did politically, all hail the average man, of which the world is created, of which rules the world the godly avatar may protect, a human fist that may still carry more heart and force than the avatar first.

I agree. Zuko's great and all, but there were other people who could have done the same thing. Just because he helped out doesn't make him a sort of Avatar.

edmasterchaos

[39]Jul 25, 2009
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I agree. Zuko's great and all, but there were other people who could have done the same thing. Just because he helped out doesn't make him a sort of Avatar.
    In the finale, it was:
    Aang: i pwned the fire lord, learned UBER HAXX bending that can pretty much give me the power to make justice hard with no killing.
    Sokka: i took down the war airships, thus stopping them from doing massive damage.
    Toph: saved sokka a bit, and excecuted the first parts of the plan.
    Suki: saved them both from crushing death, and finished the plan.
    Katara: finishing blow on Azula, and healed Zuko.
    Zuko: fought Azula, though she was insane and didnt get tired, so Katara could have done her thing at any moment... political peace?
    Iroh: total civil asswhopping, thus making the earth kingdom regain their capital, AND with destiny from childhood that got hell-face turn in it.

So, yeah, Zuko.... helped.

silverfoxy8472

[40]Aug 3, 2009

ahhhh yess been away and things to respond to.

1) edmasterofchaos yes and no Jeong Jeong a high level member of the order of the white lotus couldn't be the one to teach Aang firebending EVEN THOUGH he was his first teacher he just couldn't have done it on the go because he was busy leading other things like his movement against the fire nation and Zuko as said has the bloodline that makes him SIMILAR to the avatar remembering i chose my words poorly early on and YES zuko was 100% essential to the series it is jeong jeong that was not vital he showed up maybe a handful of times in the series by the time they came upon them(the order of the white lotus) zuko was in JUST ABOUT every episode if not every single episode Zuko was the main ANTAGONIST for two seasons with a transistional point in season 2 where he went from antagonist to sort of anti hero i guess by the end of the series i saw that zuko was NECESSARY to the series because even jeong jeong didn't have the experiences to truly lead in the end he didn't suffer he didn't have trials the mistakes in short he was faaaaar TOOO PURE he was a high ranking member of the fire nation army( just like iroh so that doesn't take away his purity just means complicated past common theme wow.) which means he was NEVER cast down he CHOSE to leave on a moral basishe he CHOSE to start a movement zuko was the rich kid who fought for the purpose of regaining what he lost which along the way he came to understand was ENTIRELY different than what he thought. OH YES zuko is VERY special all of us fight the battle of the "good" vs "evil" within but FOR HIM it was as INTENSE as his fire and his fire flowed from it. one quick point i PERSONALLY think that after the firebending masters episode zuko should have gotten the blue fire but they needed to distinguish his fire from azula's so he didn't

2) edmasterofchaos yes and no Aang c ould've taken Azula the avatar state takes ALOT of power he seemed to handle it well after fighting ozai but .... Aang could've burnt out after two battles thoigh azula probably wouldn't have been much of a battle but then again the writers would have made it so that it was WHICH THEN WOULD HAVE LED TO HIM BURNING OUT AFTER OZAI.