We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

StaraeGhost9259

[61]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 14
    Same here Brian with the embarassment thing, I used to go to a preppy school so I never said anything, but now I go to a really diverse school so I knew if I said something I wouldn't be looked at weird, and when I said I liked the show, I wasn't. They accepted it, but then again they don't know I go here everyday and tape all the episodes and all that .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SapphireStones

[62]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 15

Colonel_Brian wrote:
    That's sad but I lostmy dignity most of my friends hate the show and they seem to talk to much as far saying everyone must be stupid to watch it my school seems to hold 100's of loves and 100's of haters I'm quite embaressed to reveal that I like it.

Same here. People think i'm wierd enough already (i'm telling you, there are so many narrowminded people in my school!) so I was like, "Uh, admitting I like a show like this? No way!" but then I said, "Well, if they think i'm dumb, who cares? They suck anyways." And I told people I like it, and surprisingly a few of them did too. And I even got three of my closest friends to get into it! It was cool.

There's alot of people at my school though who still like carttons and stuff...we don't really have a clique problem, it's just that there are some people who are such backstabbers and hypocrites it makes everyone look bad...but I guess it's not bad as I thought.

Edited on 08/04/2006 8:26pm

xxlemon

[63]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 9
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    That's sad but I lostmy dignity most of my friends hate the show and they seem to talk to much as far saying everyone must be stupid to watch it my school seems to hold 100's of loves and 100's of haters I'm quite embaressed to reveal that I like it.

same here.

SapphireStones

[64]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 15
    So, i'm thinking that there was a thread about this already, but question: how old are you guys, or what grades are you going to that makes you so embarassed to share that you like this show?

I'm going to be a junior in high school this year.

Gantros

[65]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 7
    Remember that petition to get Avatar off the air awhile back? I think the post with a link to it is here somewhere...

I think this woman's problem isn't that she hates avatar, is that she doesn't know anything about it and wants to forestall her child's imminent temper tantrum until it focuses on something else it wants.

Colonel_Brian

[66]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 12
    I told everyone I liked it before but now that I relize what people think of those who watch this show I' tearing out my own pride.

legends_u_know

[67]Aug 6, 2006
    • level: 3
    That mom has problems... My mom would probably have a problem with it, she makes comments like "Is that show anti-Christian?" and yada yada... It really annoys me, so I don't tell her anything anymore..

My kids will love me since I love cartoons. That or think I'm weird. O_o (Whenever I have kids.)

Hoshie26

[68]Aug 6, 2006
    • level: 4
    I dont have a problem at school since no one really knows...all the kids watch at my school is mtv and adult show...and I just got out of 5...no one at my school cares..I feel bad for you...

Hoshie26

[69]Aug 6, 2006
    • level: 4
    I wonder how she knows I mean did she watch it onceI guss for a 5 year old some thinks would be bad but not really...I wonder if she has some strange feel because were takling about her?O and were does she live?*Hides knife behind back*Just wondering...