We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Why does hardly anyone in Total Drama strategize?

swimboydude

[1]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 3

No really. It's just weird. The show claims to be a reality show but in reality shows being strategical is an important part. The show claims to be ripped of from Survivor, but in that show, more than say 2 people strategize. In season one only Heather did. In season 2, Justin almost id at first but then he doesn't. I season 3, Alejanndro did. I mean, why did Owen and Duncan deserve to win TDI AND TDA? They didn't play a good strategical game, and they rode their alliances coatails. I think in season 1, Heather should of won. In this season Alejandro should of won. no one really deserved to win season 2. Just really, why does hardly anyone in the game strategize?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Szcesny

[2]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 2

Ezekiel: Lasts 1 challenge, eliminated. No time to strategize or form bonds.

Eva: She COULD potentially be an antagonist but I think they'd used her physical power to intimidate others rather than tactically strategizing, although I some way making people fear you and listen to you can be considered a strategy, it's not Richard Hatch smart or whatever.

Noah: He also has some antagonist potential. Why not? In World Tour it hints that Noah can form bonds, leading to alliances and strategical tactics. I think he would be a great antagonist should it happen.

Justin: He had his moments in Action, faded away fast and turned into a comic relief character. It's like the creators changed his role when the series went on!

Katie & Sadie: Yeah, I don't need to explain why do I? No strategy plans or brains, too close to other people. They could be used in an alliance, but not their own tactics.

Tyler: It would not fit his personality. He tries to impress people, doing his own thing or talking with Lindsay. Not going to happen.

Izzy: Too crazy.

Cody: I don't see Cody as a strategist, more of a follower/background character.

Beth: Has a strict policy of being nice to people, no tactical idea of the game either.

Courtney: She did, in Action, somewhat.

Harold: He COULD but I doubt it would fit his persona.

Trent: Too easy-going, seems like one of the characters that doesn't care weither or not the wins the money.

GxB: Two-words: making out (constantly). If they stop it fits in the category of 'it won't fit/work with him/her'.

D.J: Action proved that he doesn't like being 'guilty' of pushing/back-stabbing others.

LeShawna: She did in Island and Action, however it always involves eliminating Heather and it's not because she's a threat (it's they're hate for each other).

Duncan: He did in Island, somewhat in Action. I personally thought the guy's alliance in both Island and Action should have lasted longer rather than dissapear of the face of the earth in the next episode. Same for the DuncanxHeather alliance, a week and it just...vanishes?

Gwen: Too negative, no charisma, no tactical idea of the game.

Owen: I'll stop here. You know why...

iamtunk

[3]Nov 10, 2010
    • level: 13

Szcesny wrote:

Owen: I'll stop here. You know why...

IDK...i personally think he's been trying to gas everyone to death on purpose.

lastmarshmallow

[4]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 4

Spoiler: (Highlight to read)

To be fair, Heather was also a big strategist in Season 3. Not quite as much as Alejandro, but she definitely deserved to win. I'm glad that the writers finally realized that it's more realistic for an antagonist to win then some underdog character who is just along for the ride.

LordGrievous

[5]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 13

lastmarshmallow wrote:

To be fair, Heather was also a big strategist in Season 3. Not quite as much as Alejandro, but she definitely deserved to win. I'm glad that the writers finally realized that it's more realistic for an antagonist to win then some underdog character who is just along for the ride.

Spoiler: (Highlight to read) Actually Heather hasn'tbeen the antagonist this season, sheeven tried to warn LeShawna about Al and even Cody referred to her as the good-guy.

lastmarshmallow

[6]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 4

LordGrievous wrote:

lastmarshmallow wrote:

Spoiler: (Highlight to read) Actually Heather hasn'tbeen the antagonist this season, sheeven tried to warn LeShawna about Al and even Cody referred to her as the good-guy.

Another Spoiler: (Highlight to read)

Oops. What I meant to say was that it's more realistic for a good strategist to win, not antagonist(though the antagonists are usually good strategists, so they also qualify). But yeah, Heather is more of an anti-hero now than an antagonist.