We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who's Your Favorite Couple?

Who's Your Favorite Couple?

windwaker06

[41]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 7

I like Duncan/Courtney.

Before I was aware of their pairing, I always liked Duncan and his badboy thing. Him liking Courtney just made it even better.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xxEchostreamxx

[42]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 3
    Definitely Duncan/Courtney . It's the most interesting one. The first episode I saw of TDi was Up The Creek, so I only noticed Geoff/Bridgette and Trent/Gwen, and I thought they were cute (especially G/B), but then I saw a D/C episode and I got totally hooked . Duncan and Courtney are two of my favorite characters, too.

raiandangel4eva

[43]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    duncan and courtney all the way,its obvios(spelling?) that they had alot of connections during the show

AliCat524

[44]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    Definitely Geoff and Bridgette

typogirl

[45]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 10
    Lindsey and Tyler were totally just a summer camp hook-up.

But if I had to pick a couple it would be Gwen and Trent because they're SO into each other. I could feel that fibe.

TDI101

[46]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    ultimatekey wrote:
    What about people from the episode 28 yacht party thread, like cody and heather, and katie and d.j, anyone else agree? Also what about heather and trent, didnt they kiss?
    Yeah but She saw Trent and Gwen kissing. She just used him saying that Boyfriend and Girlfriend is another word for alliance and her alliance is the only alliance on the island.

ally1313

[47]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 6

Personally, I like Duncan and Courtney. It's so cliche but at the same time...not. Like, the good girl goes for the bad boy, but this one of the first times I've seen it on T.V. where it really just....works. Usually when I see good girl X Bad boy, I just want to change the channel, but this time, it was very interesting and bearable, mostly because they did it in a non-cheesy way.

They definitely bring out both the best and worst in each other, which causes lots of drama and hilarity. It was funny to see Courtney as this psychotic, crazy, rule breaking chic after stealing some food, but it was also kinda cute to see Duncan so angry when Courtney had to leave, and even two episodes later he was thinking about her, and even gave her a kind of shoutout, telling her that he missed her. The only other person who did this was Geoff (sp?) and after that initial moment of...singing-in-the-toilet-while-sobbing, he really didn't talk much more about it.

The whole love-hate thing was just so...funny! You just never knew what you were going to get. One second, they were arguing, the next, they're cuddling. (The Sucky Outdoors.) There were moments when I thought they were going to start making out, but ended up trying to kill each other and fighting, and then there were times when they were arguing and Duncan would just be like, "Wanna make out?" It made it unpredictable and exciting. With the other pairings, though they were sweet, it was like "Here comes a moment." The only time I was surprised was when Geoff didn't kiss Bridgett. That was just like...woah. But not in a good way.

Mostly, it was because their relationship developed. All the other pairings just sorta...happened, with no real controversy. (With the exception of Gwen and Trent, but that happened later.) Take Trent and Gwen for example, they clicked right away, even from the "Big Sleep" episode. Lindsey and Tyler could have made a good story, as the whole forbidden-love thing, but they really didn't do much with that. Geoff and Brittany did have a bit of a rocky start, but no where near as memorable and Duncan and Courtney.

xxEchostreamxx

[48]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 3

^ Word!

I agree with the developing relationship thing. All the other couples were already sort of into each other to some degree when they met, but I bet neither Duncan or Courtney even considered that they might end up together when they first met! It actually took them a couple of episodes to get the first hints out. Then the moments got more and more obvious and cute, and then, bam, you knew it was going to happen.

And as for the good girl/bad boy cliche, I think other couples on TV didn't take it quite as literally as Duncan and Courtney xD. And the love/hate factor is never necessary for gg/bb. So Duncan and Courtney were certainly rather special in that aspect.

ally1313

[49]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 6

Yeah, when they first met they like...didn't even acknowlege each other's existence and it wasn't until like the 8th episode that anyhting happened, so it seemed realistic. I mean, come on, the first thing Trent did when he got off the boat in the first episode was go over to Gwen and smile at her!

And yeah, they really were so literal about goodgirl, badboy. They really took it to the extreme.