We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

What other movie themes could there be?

PinkEmo01

[41]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    pixarprincess wrote:

facebookfan wrote:
    or apocalypse film?

While I don't like those types of films, I think it has potential for a theme challenge.

How about gladiador films? (My brother gave me the idea after a P&F episode) They can do chariot races and stuff... maybe Duncan could team up with Courtney?

Well.
    MARLA
    gladiators arent soo cool these. days.
    There should be a crime movie
    NOT like robbing a bank.
    A crime mystery movie.
    BRING IN THE CSIs!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alagaesian

[42]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ Already a confirmed episode. It's number 20, "Get a Clue".

As with fairy tale and band movies.

spongeboy22

[43]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 16
    the final challenge will probably be a musical to set the scene for season 3

SqueakyYugi

[44]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 13

How about a body-swap episode? Movies like "Freaky Friday" "17 Again", and I'm sure y'all can think of numerous other such movies, where two characters who don't see eye-to-eye, resolve their differences by switching bodies and spending a day in the other person's life, and fixing all of their problems. They might have to reserve this for the final 2; it would get very confusing with 5 people doing this, and swapping between genders could get somewhat perverse.

The challenge would be to have the contestants switch bodies, and see howmany of the other person's preblems they can solve. For example, whoever inhabit's Harold's body would have to apologize to Courtney for getting her voted off in season 1

n5d25d90

[45]Oct 21, 2009
    SqueakyYugi wrote:

How about a body-swap episode? Movies like "Freaky Friday" "17 Again", and I'm sure y'all can think of numerous other such movies, where two characters who don't see eye-to-eye, resolve their differences by switching bodies and spending a day in the other person's life, and fixing all of their problems. They might have to reserve this for the final 2; it would get very confusing with 5 people doing this, and swapping between genders could get somewhat perverse.

The challenge would be to have the contestants switch bodies, and see howmany of the other person's preblems they can solve. For example, whoever inhabit's Harold's body would have to apologize to Courtney for getting her voted off in season 1

It'd be interesting seeing exactly how they would pull that off. I mean, sure it's a cartoon, but for the sake of the audience and to keep the fourth wall from exploding, they'd have to come up with a means of switching bodies.

But seeing them do a "walk a mile in your shoes" kind of thing (even without any actual physical-mental swaps) would make an interesting challenge, or at least different. Not necessarily original, but different.

SqueakyYugi

[46]Oct 21, 2009
    n5d25d90 wrote:

It'd be interesting seeing exactly how they would pull that off. I mean, sure it's a cartoon, but for the sake of the audience and to keep the fourth wall from exploding, they'd have to come up with a means of switching bodies. But seeing them do a "walk a mile in your shoes" kind of thing (even without any actual physical-mental swaps) would make an interesting challenge, or at least different. Not necessarily original, but different.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking they could make really, really good costumes, not perfect of course, but good enough to invoke willing suspension of diselief from the otehr campers, and the viewing audience.

alagaesian

[47]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ Hey, that's what make-up is for. And they ARE in the middle of a film lot with a make-up room.'

But this probably means that the two guys would end up switching places. Meaning, Duncan and Harold. There are two things that could happen in that situation. One, Harold tries to get revenge but Duncan evades all traps/pranks, and eventually beats up Harold for trying to step out of line. Or, two, Duncan actually falls for a few of them and makes up with Harold.

BrainMan820

[48]Oct 22, 2009

They could have one of those coming-of-age movies, like "Breakfast Club", "The Goonies" or "Stand by Me"

Or one of those really bad martial arts movies with the god awful acting.

spongeboy22

[49]Oct 23, 2009
    what about the amnesia movie, dont know how they'd pull that off though

ElectricCandy

[50]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 3
    Or how about a movie where each person has to overcome impossible odds, like being blind or deaf, or stuck in a wheelchair. And they have to go through an intense obstacle course. I couldn't think of anything else that hasn't already been mentioned.

SqueakyYugi

[51]Oct 23, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    ^ Hey, that's what make-up is for. And they ARE in the middle of a film lot with a make-up room.' But this probably means that the two guys would end up switching places. Meaning, Duncan and Harold. There are two things that could happen in that situation. One, Harold tries to get revenge but Duncan evades all traps/pranks, and eventually beats up Harold for trying to step out of line. Or, two, Duncan actually falls for a few of them and makes up with Harold.

I've been acting out a scene in my head, where Duncan, disguised as Harold, must apologize to Courtney for costing her the game in season 1. So, he delivers a heartwarming speech, and she agrees to forgive him... until, out of instinct, he tries to kiss her. And Courtney, thinking it's Harold coming on to her, is understandably repulsed, and she proclaims "That's it! This conversation is hereby redacted!!! You heard me! REDACTED!" And that faux pas ends up costing Duncan the game

PinkEmo01

[52]Oct 25, 2009
    SqueakyYugi wrote:

alagaesian wrote:
    ^ Hey, that's what make-up is for. And they ARE in the middle of a film lot with a make-up room.' But this probably means that the two guys would end up switching places. Meaning, Duncan and Harold. There are two things that could happen in that situation. One, Harold tries to get revenge but Duncan evades all traps/pranks, and eventually beats up Harold for trying to step out of line. Or, two, Duncan actually falls for a few of them and makes up with Harold.

I've been acting out a scene in my head, where Duncan, disguised as Harold, must apologize to Courtney for costing her the game in season 1. So, he delivers a heartwarming speech, and she agrees to forgive him... until, out of instinct, he tries to kiss her. And Courtney, thinking it's Harold coming on to her, is understandably repulsed, and she proclaims "That's it! This conversation is hereby redacted!!! You heard me! REDACTED!" And that faux pas ends up costing Duncan the game

Um...
    Okay...

somewierdkid

[53]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    BrainMan820 wrote:

They could have one of those coming-of-age movies, like "Breakfast Club", "The Goonies" or "Stand by Me"

Or one of those really bad martial arts movies with the god awful acting.

kung-fu movie already confirmed.
    #22, "Crouching Courtney, hidden Owen".
    finally, a true chance to see Harold's supposed "mad skills".
    also, nice to see just how un-athletic Owen is. LOL!

somewierdkid

[54]Oct 25, 2009
    The coming-of-age, gladiator, and handicap genres sound pretty good to me, ya?
    and do we count wizard movies and fairy-tale movies the same as midival (knight) movies? if not, i REALLY want a wizard episode and a midival (knight) episode.

ElectricCandy

[55]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 3

somewierdkid wrote:
    The coming-of-age, gladiator, and handicap genres sound pretty good to me, ya? and do we count wizard movies and fairy-tale movies the same as midival (knight) movies? if not, i REALLY want a wizard episode and a midival (knight) episode.

I agree with you on there. I'd really be interesting to see them weaing robes flying on broomsticks suspended by strings, trying to cast spells (although I'm not sure how'd they do that), jousting on horses, or fighting off evil cardboard cut-out goblins. I'm not sure if someone mentioned this or not, what about a virtual reality episode, where everyone is teleported to a virtual reality world similar to Tron or something, or reenact a video game like Super Mario or something? Not my best thinking, but better than nothing.

SqueakyYugi

[56]Oct 26, 2009
    ElectricCandy wrote:

somewierdkid wrote:
    The coming-of-age, gladiator, and handicap genres sound pretty good to me, ya? and do we count wizard movies and fairy-tale movies the same as midival (knight) movies? if not, i REALLY want a wizard episode and a midival (knight) episode.

I agree with you on there. I'd really be interesting to see them weaing robes flying on broomsticks suspended by strings, trying to cast spells (although I'm not sure how'd they do that), jousting on horses, or fighting off evil cardboard cut-out goblins. I'm not sure if someone mentioned this or not, what about a virtual reality episode, where everyone is teleported to a virtual reality world similar to Tron or something, or reenact a video game like Super Mario or something? Not my best thinking, but better than nothing.

Could work. Maybe Chris does a video game challenge as an excuse to advertise the fictional TDA game (because let's be honest, we wouldn't be happy with such a thing.)

somewierdkid

[57]Dec 24, 2009
    OH MY GOD the first time I see TDM with Tron lines, I would go crazy for the potential pure awesomeness!

a video game challenge might work. MIGHT.better be a good reason behind it if they put it in season 3.