We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

What do you want to see from the next "Total Drama" series?

AC

[1]Sep 14, 2015
    • level: 6

The Ridonculous Race has been really good so far. The fandom find it much BETTER than 13 episode seasons such as ROTI, All-Stars, and Pahkitew Island. It's felt like a true TRUE successor to Island, Action, and World Tour. After a trio of 13 episode seasons, it seems like Fresh TV is finally finding it's footing again. Everyone in the Fresh TV fandom would love to see them continue THIS type of level of quality in future "Total Drama" productions. Here is what the fandom would like to see for the next season of the show.

1. 26 episodes, PLEASE

Yep, the title says it all. Many people in the fanbase think that thirteen episodes really need to die and hopefully, the Ridonculous Race has buried once and FOR ALL. All of the contestant's DEVELOPMENTS in THESE half-seasons feel either good or they feel rushed as hell. 13 episodes work in other shows but NOT "Total Drama". Part of the problem is that people in the fandom think that contestants just meet other contestants for the first time and they absolutely have no prior in history. In real life, it can take a long time to warm up to people. You don't just suddenly go from MEETING someone to STICKING your tongue in their mouth in a matter of a few days. Even 26 episodes is honestly too short for something like this but it's certainly a lot better than 13.

2. Around 17 to 22 contestants

The more amount of old characters or new characters the better it gets. It's pretty weird how Fresh TV seems MUCH better at handling cats of 20+ characters than they are at casts of 13 or 14. Sure, you'll get episodes where not everyone has a line but I don't mind that. People think it's better to have SILENT characters than have characters who talk ALL THE TIME and whose dialogue is clumsy and unnatural.

3. Just "old" characters for the next season, PLEASE

By "old", we mean characters who ALREADY exist in the TD universe. If the next season were to be a mix of Island, Revenge of the Island, Pahkitew Island, and even (if possible) some Ridonculous Race contestants, that would be great. As it stands right now, all emphasis lately on new characters has resulted in a ton of flat, one-dimensional non-entities. The writers, producers, and creators at Fresh SERIOUSLY needs to work with the 80-something characters that already HAVE rather than CREATE even more characters that they'll do absolutely nothing with.

Oh, and if the next season is all veterans, the fandom would like to see a cast that is NOT litterly composed of screenhoggers like TDAS was and it certainly doesn't NEED to be a "all-star" season. For the former point, Ridonculous Race has brought back Noah and Geoff as contestants for the first time in almost AGES. The fandom has no doubt that this was done in RESPONSE to the criticisms that characters from the first generation like Gwen, Duncan, Heather, and Courtney have gotten WAY too much focus from the series and it's come at the expense of screen time for the other contestants. Aside from that, the four characters have become HEAVILY flanderized so it's nice that Fresh FINALLY SEEMS to be taking a break from them. For the latter point, one of the MANY mistakes All-Stars (though I love that season) did WRONG was the theme of the season, itself. The focus of the season was some first generation contestants (Courtney, Gwen, Heather, Alejandro, Duncan, etc) and second generation contestants (Cameron, Mike, Zoey, and Scott) meeting each other for the first time and that was it. Lots of people in the fandom think it had zero pull aside from that but to me, All-Stars still felt like a good season to me because they got to get some of the contestants RIGHT for a all-star season like Alejandro, Heather, Scott, Mike, and Zoey, and that Mike and Zoey finally got to SHINE themselves and they finally made it to the final two in a season. The only three bad things about All-Stars were in my opinion, Lindsay lasting only one episode, Gwen being on the Villians team while Courtney is on the heroes, and Cameron got to get switched to the Villains team in Moon Madness.

What do you think? What is YOUR personal wish list for the next season of the show?

Edited on 09/16/2015 8:40am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stephdumas

[2]Sep 29, 2015
    • level: 10

If Dakota and Ezekiel returns, I wish they'll be back there was the way before.

A season where the cast of TDRI face against the ones of TDPI. It could be interesting to see how Scott could outsmart Max and/or how Scarlett could outsmart Mal.

Bridgette going much further instead of being voted off early.

And as I already mentionned in another post. Jo and Eva going against each other in a fierce rivalry or being in the same team doing an alliance until the merge.

AC

[3]Sep 29, 2015
    • level: 6

1. I agree

2. For a sixth season that would be good. We could actually see much more development from foddered ROTI contestants such as Dawn, Brick, Anne Maria, and the foddered TDPI cast such as Amy, Samey, Beardo, Rodney, etc.

3. I agree. I hope she can go far again in a future season.

4. Agreed with that idea too.