We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

what do you think will be Courtneys downfall in the finals?

Riankg

[21]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    My oppinion is that the writers dont really have this capacity of making Courtney's advantages help her a lot. I know many people will disagree, but how many goofs do we see around there, they cant even pay attencion in some important details.

Like in last episode, Owen said he blamed his little brother for doing something, but he doesnt have a little brother, he has two brothers that are older than him. In the same episode, Bridgette said that Heather was the only person who ate an cockroach, but Leshawna already ate a lot of them in Brunch of Disgustigness.

In episode Super Hero-Id Leshawna is eating some cheese with Lindsay and Beth, but in episode One Flu Over the Cuckoos, she said she was lactose intolerant.

Okay..these are just details..but it proves that the writters dont pay attencion in many details. I know that Courtney's advantages were really important in episode's 14 plot. But now, most dont really pay attencion to it. Chris dont mention it more, Courtney always tries to call her lawyers, but her lawyers never do nothing, they almost never help her. Yes..they brought her back to the game, and yes they gave her some advantages. But at this point, no one, ALMOST, never complained about that, only in episode 14. So...to finish everything i said..my oppinion of this is..that Courtney has many advantages and that they would help her doing the challenges, but that they dont because the writters dont foccus her plot in that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[22]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 9
    Riankg wrote:
    My oppinion is that the writers dont really have this capacity of making Courtney's advantages help her a lot. I know many people will disagree, but how many goofs do we see around there, they cant even pay attencion in some important details. Like in last episode, Owen said he blamed his little brother for doing something, but he doesnt have a little brother, he has two brothers that are older than him. In the same episode, Bridgette said that Heather was the only person who ate an cockroach, but Leshawna already ate a lot of them in Brunch of Disgustigness. In episode Super Hero-Id Leshawna is eating some cheese with Lindsay and Beth, but in episode One Flu Over the Cuckoos, she said she was lactose intolerant. Okay..these are just details..but it proves that the writters dont pay attencion in many details.
    But all these mistakes mean something, though.

Like all of the errors with the scores in The Big Sleep and camper numbers in the first two episodes show how Chris is bad at math.

Or how Leshawna is lactose intolerant and we don't see her eat the pizza in the Brunch of Disgustingness.

And the idea of the Confessional - it's a classic strategy, to make people wonder what's in real time and what's in the past, it makes the story line seem that much more confusing.

Riankg

[23]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    Riankg wrote:
    My oppinion is that the writers dont really have this capacity of making Courtney's advantages help her a lot. I know many people will disagree, but how many goofs do we see around there, they cant even pay attencion in some important details. Like in last episode, Owen said he blamed his little brother for doing something, but he doesnt have a little brother, he has two brothers that are older than him. In the same episode, Bridgette said that Heather was the only person who ate an cockroach, but Leshawna already ate a lot of them in Brunch of Disgustigness. In episode Super Hero-Id Leshawna is eating some cheese with Lindsay and Beth, but in episode One Flu Over the Cuckoos, she said she was lactose intolerant. Okay..these are just details..but it proves that the writters dont pay attencion in many details.
    But all these mistakes mean something, though.

Like all of the errors with the scores in The Big Sleep and camper numbers in the first two episodes show how Chris is bad at math.

Or how Leshawna is lactose intolerant and we don't see her eat the pizza in the Brunch of Disgustingness.

And the idea of the Confessional - it's a classic strategy, to make people wonder what's in real time and what's in the past, it makes the story line seem that much more confusing.

Yeah..i understand that there are some goofs, that there are goofs that they are made in porpouse, but what i'm trying to explain is that it happens a lot. And some goofs arent good cause they make us REALLY confuse. Like..how could Beth scream in an early episode while in episode 9 she said she couldnt scream. But just before someone start arguing with me, i'm not saying that TD's producers cant do a show, i'm just saying that they make some goofs sometimes.

shishkabob999

[24]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 9
    Riankg wrote:
    how could Beth scream in an early episode while in episode 9 she said she couldnt scream. But just before someone start arguing with me, i'm not saying that TD's producers cant do a show, i'm just saying that they make some goofs sometimes.

Well, everyone does. And the screaming thing is that they probably didn't write that far in advance.

alagaesian

[25]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    Courtney's rules actually do influence the plot. They make everyone hate her. It also exposes a bit of her antagonistic tendencies. Without those unfair advantages, the viewers still might be a little confused by her. They might think, "Is she really that bad?" because she hadn't done much more than badmouth the other contestants. Now that we have a wide, obvious view of how hypocritical she is with her comfy bed and delicious food, we can say, "Yes, she's an antagonist."

n5d25d90

[26]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    Well, with the little brother thing, I just pretend he meant size-wise. I'm sure it really was a goof, though, like all the others.

Part of it may be different writers, too. It's not like the same writer writes every episode. And this isn't the only show with continuity (or otherwise) errors either.

Brodoin15

[27]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 20

alagaesian wrote:
    Courtney's rules actually do influence the plot. They make everyone hate her. It also exposes a bit of her antagonistic tendencies. Without those unfair advantages, the viewers still might be a little confused by her. They might think, "Is she really that bad?" because she hadn't done much more than badmouth the other contestants. Now that we have a wide, obvious view of how hypocritical she is with her comfy bed and delicious food, we can say, "Yes, she's an antagonist."

Exactly.

And I'm sure we all know how Courtney would be acting if someone else got all the perks. She'd be screaming bloody murder, saying it is unfair.

alagaesian

[28]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    ^ Not to mention that she actually was screaming bloody murder when Harold kicked her off. Now she's bending the rules a ton, and it doesn't look like she feels bad about it.

So, Courtney's Rules may never have a direct effect in the challenges (minus the PDA). They might just be there to clarify and develop on Courtney's new antagonist role.

Still, considering that she CAN call her lawyers with the PDA and she IS trying to, I think it might help her in some way before she gets kicked off.